Join our whole30+ group? Starting Mon 28th Oct

melbournegirl

Day 6 was easy but I craved fruits a lot. One thing I realized though is I've been waking up with no back pains and with more stable and steady energy. Before I would wake up feeling tired and back pains, now it's gone. Yay!!! :)

Breakfast - 7:30am leftover roast beef with no gravy and stir fried vegetables

Snack -11am baked sweet potato (made me super gassy)

Lunch -1:30pm steamed chicken, pineapple

Dinner - 5pm sautéed veggies and fish, frozen banana with coconut milk

I'm not getting tempted with sweets so far. :)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 6 was easy but I craved fruits a lot. One thing I realized though is I've been waking up with no back pains and with more stable and steady energy. Before I would wake up feeling tired and back pains, now it's gone. Yay!!! :)

Breakfast - 7:30am leftover roast beef with no gravy and stir fried vegetables

Snack -11am baked sweet potato (made me super gassy)

Lunch -1:30pm steamed chicken, pineapple

Dinner - 5pm sautéed veggies and fish, frozen banana with coconut milk

I'm not getting tempted with sweets so far. :)

Ana, do you have a copy of the meal template?

http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Your lunch had no vegies or fat, and if you're starving and need to snack between meals, have a mini meal of protein, fat and vegies.

Ana, do you have a copy of the meal template? http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Your lunch had no vegies or fat, and if you're starving and need to snack between meals, have a mini meal of protein, fat and vegies.

What would be a good mini protein meal? Still meat or fish? For fat, nuts or avocado or coconut meat or milk? I tend to snack on cashews a lot when I have it so I try to stay away......

What would be a good mini protein meal? Still meat or fish? For fat, nuts or avocado or coconut meat or milk? I tend to snack on cashews a lot when I have it so I try to stay away......

You could have a couple of HB eggs with vegie sticks (protein and fat in eggs), or a small tin of fish in oil, again with vegies. A small piece of chicken, or other meat, with vegies and fat (vegie sticks and fat based dip would be easy to have pre prepared). You could also make egg muffins with vegies and meat, add some coconut milk to the beaten egg mix for fats.

You could have a couple of HB eggs with vegie sticks (protein and fat in eggs), or a small tin of fish in oil, again with vegies. A small piece of chicken, or other meat, with vegies and fat (vegie sticks and fat based dip would be easy to have pre prepared). You could also make egg muffins with vegies and meat, add some coconut milk to the beaten egg mix for fats.

Great! Thank you so much, Amber! :)

Day 7, thought I wasn't going to make it, the chocolate and sesame snaps in the cupboard kept calling my name. But I managed to get through to dinner time and feasted on steak and baked sweet potato, pumpkin, broccoli and beans and felt much better for it! Sugar is a poison I am much better without!!!!

Happy end of first week all (when you get to it)

Finished day 7 yay!!

M1 left over chicken and coleslaw made into an egg scramble

M2 Mexican beef mince, baked sweet potato, salad greens with salsa

M3 salmon cakes from ISWF and curried broccoli

No exercise today and so much easier with meals. Really wanted a glass of wine tonight as the kids were fighting when they don't usually and my youngest was v sooky. Felt more stressed with it than I usually would and wanted time to myself which was a bit too hard today. I usually use a wine to unwind after days like this. Also my sister in law was over and they all ate the chocolate mousse I had made last night with my son. I would like to have tasted it as I've never made it before and they said it was delicious, but I knew I could make it again. It was harder last night to keep washing my hands when I was making it as I realised how often I lick chocolate off when baking!

My goal this week is to better sort out pre and poWO meals as I've never worried about them before so that's what I'm finding hard to coordinate. Think that's another reason I like exercise...for some me time. Better get to bed now as the kids always wake early.

I hope everyone else had a good first week.

Day 7

B - sweet potato hash, sunny side up, 1/4 avocado

L - grilled pork chop

D - sautéed bitter gourd, dried fish, 1/4 cup coconut milk, 1/2 dozen banana

S - pineapple and cashew

Week 1 went by fast, wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but definitely not easy too. Last night I wanted sweets but kept myself busy reading instead.

For the next 3 weeks I will try to do better and not rely on fruits and nuts for snacks. I will try not to snack at all and eat substantially for breakfast lunch and dinner. I'm thinking I may have to extend this to W45 or even longer to be able to really get my sugar dragon off my back. Healthy eating is not hard for me because I love vegetables, chicken and fish and I'm not a rice or bread eater either, though I still have to work on my taste for meat which is not something I really but I need for my blood type. The other thing I still have a hard time doing is sleeping for longer than 5 hours. No matter what I do, after 5 hours of sleep I automatically wake up. Any suggestions how to improve this?

Week one done! The first few days were awful; cravings galore, hungry all the time, CRANKY. By day three I was feeling much better, and I feel amazing now! So much energy and just feel... good. Excited for week two! I said no to desserts a few times, and those little "wins" helped motivate me and make me realize I don't HAVE to eat anything and I'm not missing out by saying no (a huge mental hurdle for me). 

I've also really enjoyed finding new recipes to make and new techniques for cooking! I made four kinds of soups on Friday to have on hand this week for lunches and quick dinners, and making 4 new dinner recipes (tonight it's carnitas in lettuce wraps with an avocado coleslaw- YUM!)

Wow, I never had any food dreams last attempt but last night I dreamt I was eating crunchies in a lolly shop then raspberry twists in all flavours ( don't even know if they exist) and I was stuffing my mouth with them before I'd even paid!

I'm really irritable today and I was yesterday as well with very little patience. I feel sorry for my family as I just want time to myself. Really want this feeling to pass as apart from some exercise tomorrow I won't have time to myself till Friday. I treat kids as well so work isn't a break usually (just from my own ;-)) I'm back at work Wednesday so I might find the car ride peaceful as I'll be alone and I won't have to listen to nursery rhymes!!

I wasn't expecting company last night so extra salmon cakes I was planning to eat for lunch were gone. There were only 2 left and my husband ate them as a late night snack so I had to cook today when I was hungry and wanted to eat straight away. I'm glad he really likes the food but its just so much cooking at times. So i made nom nom's asian meatballs as it made a lot but i dont really like them. Mmm I'm really complaining! As my husband would say it sounds like I'm training for a complainathon!!

Maybe I'll go for a walk with the kids and get some fresh air.

You are doing just great kath... I haven't been complaining but I have felt like killing a few things. The good thing about fighting and winning against temptation yesterday is that today when the chocolate looks at me I just think I don't want yesterdays struggle to have been in vain so no way hose today!

Back to day 1 here after an incident yesterday :ph34r: Although my TOM has appeared this morning which would partially explain it. But I'm going to keep lurking on here if that's ok with everyone!

So far today I've had breakfast - leftover lamb gyro meat (i made the Deconstructed Gyro from Well Fed 2 last night, it's delicious!) with shredded sweet potato & shredded turnips, & some sauerkraut. Off to work soon, then taking the kids to a petting farm this afternoon :)

Thanks Juzbo! I already feel much better I took the kids to the park and got some sunshine which always makes me feel better. My brother came for dinner so extra cooking again but he was good company so it was fine. I do love cooking but when you're tired and irritable it feels more of a chore. At least I made so much today there are leftovers for tomorrow. Gave him some leftover chocolate mousse tonight and wasn't tempted. You're right much easier to refuse the second time. I also really want to move past the tired and 'kill all things' stage so if I cheat I'm scared I'll be back at the beginning.

Good on you Roz getting right back on. Do you have Well Fed as well? I'm contemplating buying it.

Good on you Roz getting right back on. Do you have Well Fed as well? I'm contemplating buying it.

Thanks :wub: To be honest i had the Worst Night's Sleep Ever as a direct consequence of all that sugar, so I'm in no mood to do it again any time soon! :rolleyes:

And yes, i have Well Fed... I have ALL the cookbooks (I'm a bit obsessive like that) :lol:

Day 8 done! Woohoo! Today was the easiest I think. :)

B - 2 eggs with butter gourd and onion, 1/2 c almond milk

L - Moroccan meatballs from well fed 1, 2.5 pcs, cauliflower rice with onion and apricot, sweet potato hash

D - Moroccan meatballs, 2.5 pcs., sautéed sugar snap peas and winged bean. 1/4 c coconut milk, 1 medjool date

S - 1/2 avocado, cashew

I had fats mostly for snack which I ate about 45 minutes before dinner. Is that okay?

Day 8 done! Woohoo! Today was the easiest I think. :)

B - 2 eggs with butter gourd and onion, 1/2 c almond milk

L - Moroccan meatballs from well fed 1, 2.5 pcs, cauliflower rice with onion and apricot, sweet potato hash

D - Moroccan meatballs, 2.5 pcs., sautéed sugar snap peas and winged bean. 1/4 c coconut milk, 1 medjool date

S - 1/2 avocado, cashew

I had fats mostly for snack which I ate about 45 minutes before dinner. Is that okay?

If you need to snack, go for a mini meal of protein, fat and vegies...

I'd perhaps suggest upping your breakfast - people find that a more substantial breakfast gives them greater satisfaction over the whole day :)

If you need to snack, go for a mini meal of protein, fat and vegies...

I'd perhaps suggest upping your breakfast - people find that a more substantial breakfast gives them greater satisfaction over the whole day :)

Thanks, Amber! Will bring veggie sticks and hard boiled eggs to work tomorrow for snack if I need to. Got some olives too. I actually have my snack just before dinner, would that be still snack or part of dinner already? Sorry if I ask too many questions. :-|

Thanks, Amber! Will bring veggie sticks and hard boiled eggs to work tomorrow for snack if I need to. Got some olives too. I actually have my snack just before dinner, would that be still snack or part of dinner already? Sorry if I ask too many questions. :-|

I'd avoid the snack all together - you should be aiming to have 3 meals a day. Increase you portion sizes so you don't need to snack!

Day 9 Tried really hard today to include meals around my run. I wasn't hungry and my stomach wasn't used to it so I couldn't eat the full palm's worth. I figure its progress. My breakfast was also smaller as I was rushing to get out and wasn't as hungry after the post WO food. Feel like I ate heaps but I was hungry for lunch and dinner. Still not as hungry as prewhole30.

PreWO coffee with homemade almond milk and a boiled egg (7.45am)

PostWO poached chic breast (1/2 palm) and 3 small pieces of baked sweet potato (10am)

Meal 1 3 meatballs (contain veg), small left over salad and 1/4 of a mango (10.30)

Meal 2 leftover slow cooker chicken, gravy, cauliflower mash and a raw carrot (2pm)

Meal 3 aloo gobi from paleomg (6 pm)

My run was still hard and I was going slower than usual but I did feel better afterwards for having gone out as I really couldn't be bothered. We had a nice morning as it's a public holiday here so I had my husband to help with the kids and we walked to a new park. Didn't feel irritable at all but I was out most of the morning in the sunshine. Slightly on edge this afternoon but it passed. That was good so a better day than the last few.

Still wanting something sweet after dinner.

Anabanana- I don't think I could cope with only 5 hours anymore. Did that when my kids were babies. No suggestion for waking early...sorry! I do feel for you as I feel tired with more sleep.

Roz- I bought Well fed and Well fed 2 online so looking forward to receiving them!

Day 9 over. Felt some sweet cravings but not strong enough to get me off track.

PWO - poached egg

POWO - asparagus and local greens, 2 meatballs

Was too full to eat breakfast

L - 1 whole chicken leg, some more asparagus, kimchi

D - big salad, sardines, meatball, chicken slice, 1 medjool date

S - banana, almond milk

I didn't snack all day and ate dinner early. Around 9pm is when I had a banana and the almond milk. I will try my best to leave out snack as I really wasn't hungry, I just felt like having something.

Ana, you are doing well, improving each day. Maybe try cocoa or tea instead of the snack?

I have been really tired lately and not much energy for exercise. 10 days down so should be nearly over the worst now re sugar and caffeine withdrawal. Work pants felt slightly looser today, last worn Friday.

Archived