Lots of stress coming my way - so I need to be healthy!

debspinkkicks

Hello new friends - I'm restarting Whole 30 today...I was successful for a few days last week and fell apart, but I'm back with gusto today.  

I've realized that my health comes first right now.  I have a lot heading my way in the next few months, and I need to be as healthy and well rested as possible.  I'm a wife and work-at-home mom to 3 boys (13, 11 and 6), and all their school/football/soccer/scout activities.  My father-in-law is in the final stages of pancreatic cancer.  My mother-in-law will be moving in with us following his passing, and she is partially disabled.  Our current house is on the market and we are hoping to move soon.  I just had foot surgery and have been in serious pain for the last 4 weeks, and I had to withdraw from the New York City Marathon.  

Sorry for unloading my problems, but I need to find a place of support and healing and understanding...and that starts with what goes in my body.  

I need to be in the best of health, as well rested as possible, and strong to tackle all this upheaval in my life, and that starts by changing my diet.  I'm active and fit, but my diet leaves a lot to be desired.

I look forward to embracing healthy food - and being "whole," no matter what comes my way.

Thank you - and happy health to you all!

I am sorry to hear all the stress you are going through. Sounds like you are a strong person and have a good plan in place. Certainly, having your nutrition in line will help you deal with the stress. I would recommend to include plenty of starchy veggies(winter squashes, sweet potato, beets, plaintains) to help avoid some of the headaches, fatigue, light-headedness some people report when transitioning to this plan. In general, they will help you deal with stress from keeping your diet from being too low carb(can increase adrenaline and anxiety).

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck with everything!

Way to recognize that caring for yourself is a huge tool in helping you through life's challenges. I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law's cancer and prognosis. I empathize, as I lost my father to cancer 2 years ago.

This is a great forum for support. I also hope you have a good support system within your family and friends.

I wonder if you also have any stress management practices in place, to help you build/maintain the capacity for being focused and grounded in weathering these transitions?

Archived