Toothpaste?

I am not sure on this one, but I noticed that even the "healthy" toothpastes (Tom's, Burt's Bees, Vita-Care, etc.) at Whole Foods/Fresh Market/Trader Joe's have stevia and/or xylitol (not acceptable in foods/drinks on Whole 30) but at the same time, you're not *eating* toothpaste. I did find a tooth powder at a local health food store that I know is sold at Whole Foods, and amazon.com called Eco-Dent. It has no fluoride or sweeteners and yet still cleans and freshens breath. Here is the product on amazon.com, you can see there are many flavors.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=eco+dent

Sarah

It's true that you don't (or at least I don't :blink: ) eat toothpaste, and the W30 doesn't want you to get all obsessed over this stuff, but...I was curious and found one option for toothpaste that doesn't have any sweeteners other than blackthorne fruit juice: weleda salt toothpaste.

http://usa.weleda.co...toothpaste.aspx

It's strong stuff, MINTY! SALTY! but it works pretty well.

Super simple homemade toothpaste: @ equal parts coconut oil and baking soda, a few drops of peppermint oil if you want it for flavor. I keep mine in a small jelly jar. Never let water get in the jar. Kind of yucky tasting, very effective.

Derval, That's actually the 13 year old granddaughter and the brand new grandson. And of course, they are the prettiest, most adorable, totally most remarkable grandchildren on earth. I'm not biased about this a bit. :)

Derval, That's actually the 13 year old granddaughter and the brand new grandson. And of course, they are the prettiest, most adorable grandchildren on earth. I'm not biased about this a bit. :)

Jeepers, I got that all mixed up :D They are gorgeous you are right :)

Archived