Whole30 Plank in November?

SharynF

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday was my rest today.  I was hesitant to rest because the day before was a struggle.  But I wanted to listen to the plan and not do my own thing.  Today I went to do my 45 seconds.  After 20 my low back starting popping so I stopped.  Got up again.  This time after 30 the popping happened.  Up again.  This time about 7 seconds.  I finally said uncle.  This is the most common problem I have with plank.  Anyone want to give me any pointers as to what I may be doing wrong?  It doesn't hurt...but it feels really weird.  I do try and make sure that I'm not bowed and that I'm into lower transverse muscles so that I'm working the right area rather than my back. 

Yesterday was my rest today. I was hesitant to rest because the day before was a struggle. But I wanted to listen to the plan and not do my own thing. Today I went to do my 45 seconds. After 20 my low back starting popping so I stopped. Got up again. This time after 30 the popping happened. Up again. This time about 7 seconds. I finally said uncle. This is the most common problem I have with plank. Anyone want to give me any pointers as to what I may be doing wrong? It doesn't hurt...but it feels really weird. I do try and make sure that I'm not bowed and that I'm into lower transverse muscles so that I'm working the right area rather than my back.

Without seeing you it would be hard to pinpoint any issues! I tuck my bum under, and kind of tense it? That might protect my back, it feels stronger when I do?

DAY 12 

90 seconds  (bug jump)

GO!!

I have yet to do yesterday's challenge as I spent most of the day at A&E with my husband who woke up with chest pains :( Other things on my mind as you will understand. So I will attempt 60 secs this morning and then 90 (NINETY???????????) this evening to catch up.

Wey hey!! 90 seconds on first attempt so I am not going to worry about catching up with yesterday's missing 60secs. I'll do one on the next rest day instead. 

Roz - hubby is ok apart from a very dull ache in his chest which is currently unexplained. Waiting for an OP appointment for more tests :(

Archived