Emma's whole 30

ew296

I've been doing quite well on the programme but don't feel like I've been sticking to the W30 lifestyle properly by snacking and not eating mini meals. After 7days I also gave into my diet coke craving yesterday so I'm gonna restart today mainly because of the coke thing but also because I want to give this a shot, from day 1 of no snacking and if I'm hungry to do the mini meal. So I'm going to post my meals on here everyday as I love the advice you get and it's good to get feedback re your portions and if you are getting enough of everything and then it will be easier to keep on track.

Well done for recognising that while you were being compliant, old habits were still creeping in! What you've done is a great warm up :)

To try and avoid snacking, I'd suggest overestimating your portion sizes for a few days - eat evenly round the plate so you eat some of each element, then if you can't finish you have a perfect mini meal ready for if you're hungry later on!

Hi, yes definitely seeing it as a good warm up and will maybe make this a tad easier now I really go for it with all the principles fully embraced.

This morning for breakfast I had:

A tuna stir fry with spinach carrots celery green beans and mixed peppers, with 2 scrambled eggs, 1 tomato and half an avocado.

My aim now is to not snack through to lunch!

3 hours after breakfast, I felt hungry/needed to eat. At this time I would so normally have a snack but instead I decided to have a mini meal and had a chicken breast with some mixed vegetables (peppers/green beans) and some tomatoes with olive oil. This seemed like so much for a snack! And now I feel like maybe that should have been my lunch? It is really good to not snack an have a mini meal but I feel like that is far too big for a mini meal. Is this better than if I had just had a small snack? Most importantly I wasn't starving, just a bit peckish. I think in future I will try and hold off for longer but it's good to feel as though I'm starting to go about my food choices without snacking as it makes me feel more aware of what I'm eating and why...!

3 hours after breakfast, I felt hungry/needed to eat. At this time I would so normally have a snack but instead I decided to have a mini meal and had a chicken breast with some mixed vegetables (peppers/green beans) and some tomatoes with olive oil. This seemed like so much for a snack! And now I feel like maybe that should have been my lunch? It is really good to not snack an have a mini meal but I feel like that is far too big for a mini meal. Is this better than if I had just had a small snack? Most importantly I wasn't starving, just a bit peckish. I think in future I will try and hold off for longer but it's good to feel as though I'm starting to go about my food choices without snacking as it makes me feel more aware of what I'm eating and why...!

That sounds like a very substantial mini meal - you said you were just peckish? Would a glass of water perhaps made the "hunger" subside for a while longer?

If you have a drink, still feel starving hungry, perhaps try a smaller mini meal. Something like a HB egg and some vegie sticks would fit the template and not be too big.

Great idea, I think it was more of a psychological hunger rather than drastic physical hunger. I did realise after eating it though that I don't actually have time for lunch today so am basically seeing it as an early lunch that will easily get me through til dinner at around 5.45 at work so I'm not feeling too bad about it, just the space between breakfast and lunch isn't ideal-only 3 hours!

I didn't snack between lunch and dinner! And then for dinner I had chicken thai green curry -which I was assured was totally complaint, with some raw veggies-
Carrots cucumber celery and red peppers plus half an avocado.

Then I had a small snack after work- I'm a waitress and felt genuinely hungry but didn't want a full mini meal when I finished so just had some tomatoes and a whole carrot. Overall I feel pleased with today :) and I feel my snack wasn't mindless between meals eating.

Day 2-

Breakfast- 1 chicken breast with green beans, mixed peppers, spinach and 2 scrambled eggs and half an avocado.

I'm going to the gym at 12 so I have just had my pre workout snack of chicken thigh and 10 almonds. Is this good pre workout food?

I ended up snacking mid afternoon on some roasted butternut squash (quite a bit-so Moreish!)

Then for dinner I had chicken with tons of vegetables-spinach, green beans and peppers, with a generous amount of olive oil. Then I went to work and it really is hard/I get hungry because of how intense it is- so during work I had an apple and a few strawberries. Then when i finished I had another apple and some tomatoes.

Overall I'm feeling good about a totally compliant day, especially because I've been shattered! But I am going to try to stop the snacking it's just hard at work when I feel the need for energy to keep me going on my feet and I can't have a mini meal at work so fruit is my only real option. Not gonna beat myself up too much over it. Looking forward to day 3 now :)

Archived