Loraine's new log

Loraine

Started by on the Whole30 on Monday. 

Today

Breakfast - Fresh raspberries with whipped coconut milk, hard boiled egg

Lunch will be cold chicken over brussells sprouts and legal bacon

Dinner was home made sausage, avocado, leafy greens

Hi Loraine!

Just wondering if you have a copy of the meal template?

http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Your breakfast was lacking in protein - a serve of eggs is as many as you can hold in your hand. Most people find that's 3-4. Your plate was also missing vegetables - I aim for 2-3 cups per meal. Fruit with a meal is fine, but don't let it push vegies off the plate.

Sticking to the template for every meal will really give you the best chance at experiencing benefits!

Hi Loraine!

Just wondering if you have a copy of the meal template?

http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Your breakfast was lacking in protein - a serve of eggs is as many as you can hold in your hand. Most people find that's 3-4. Your plate was also missing vegetables - I aim for 2-3 cups per meal. Fruit with a meal is fine, but don't let it push vegies off the plate.

Sticking to the template for every meal will really give you the best chance at experiencing benefits!

Thanks Amberino, I do have the meal planner and also the shopping list from last year when I first did this.

I am not a great brekky eater (never have been), but there was an egg [for the protein] (I can only hold one in my tiny hand LOL) but no veggies, must get better but it is hard to choose a veg for brekky other than avocado and they are not always in season.

Day four

Breakfast - raspberries and coconut milk, boiled egg, half an avocado.

Put some lamb liver and bacon with zucchini and brussells sprouts into the slow cooker for dinner.  Served on a bed of cabbage, sliced and fried with salt and pepper in coconut oil.

Had to do with cold chicken breeast as I had people delivering and assembling furniture right over lunch time, also had a pear with some almond butter.  Had a couple of dried dates.

Most people can hold at least 3 eggs in their hand - it's as many as you can fit in your outstretched fingers, not just on your palm! I bet you can hold at least two, even with small hands :)

Avocado is a fat source on the whole 30, not a vegie. What about sweet potato "hash browns" or zucchini fritters? They'd go nicely with your eggs and avo

Most people can hold at least 3 eggs in their hand - it's as many as you can fit in your outstretched fingers, not just on your palm! I bet you can hold at least two, even with small hands :)

Avocado is a fat source on the whole 30, not a vegie. What about sweet potato "hash browns" or zucchini fritters? They'd go nicely with your eggs and avo

Once upon a time I could, but I have recently had my hand operated on and they are not strong enough.  Don't like sweet taters and I thought all potatoes were off the menu in the first 30 days.  Might give zucchini fritters a go also I have mushrooms.

Sat 2 Nov

Still on track and amazingly I have lost 3 pounds since Monday.  Busy, busy taking in new furniture, unpacking more boxes and taking lots of breaks (orders from the doc).  Managing the take the dog for a walk most days this week (2 rainy days) so that I can practice expanding the lungs after a bout in hospital with pleurisy B)

Archived