Day 8 on AIP Whole 30 No. 1

mecellist

Hi all, I am on day 8 of my first Whole 30 and I am doing the autoimmune protocol. So far I am doing great! I have celiac and high blood pressure(which I have had since high school). I would also like to lose some weight but mostly just be healthier. I was so excited when I came across the Whole 30 plan and even more excited to see the AIP, since I have wondered for some time if I have intolerances to other foods like eggs and night shades (mostly tomato and spicy peppers).

A little about me: I am a 4th year OBGYN resident and my days are really packed and hectic. I have a wonderful husband who is a great chef and very supportive although he is not on the plan. I pack breakfast and lunch and a small snack (with protein) and dinner too if I am going to be late at work. I also eat a small protein snack early in the mornigng before I hit the gym before work. It is a really busy schedule (gym at 5 am, work from 6am to 6pm 5 days a week and some 24 hour days on the weekends occaisionally). But so far I have made the diet work and I feel great. I was having a lot of of anxiety, stress and even some depression and that has mostly gone already. I have more energy and feel more relaxed. My GI upsets which were pretty constant to the point that I didnt even know I was in pain all the time are also clearing up. It also helps that I stopped drinking loads of coffee and am just drinking one cup of green or black tea a day.

Anyway, Im hoping to keep this up after the 30 days as well. This is the best that I have felt in a long time!

This website http://autoimmune-paleo.com/ has been very very helpful. I would like to say a thank you to Mickey and to the Hartwigs!! And encourange anyone who might have food intolerances to try the AIP.

I have felt ill with gi upset, ha and chills after lunch the last 2 days, feeling better toward dinner. I am doing AIP... maybe just gut healing? I had chicken and root veggies and a clementine with coconut buttter today and chicken veggie soup with coconut butter yesterday. I am on day 10. Hope this part goes away.

Archived