Protein Powder and sensitivity

Savii

I know this topic has been widely debated but I need some advice. I just found out I am allergic to eggs (BOO!) and have sensitivities to peanuts, sesame seeds and walnuts. I have a grass fed whey as well as sunwarrior warrior protein which is a combination of pea protein, hemp, and cranberry. My question is should I get rid of the sunwarrior protein? I don't know how closely hemp and pea protein resemble peanuts and sesame seeds. I know I know eat real food, but just looking for some opinions. Thanks! By the way I use them post workout.

I was comitted to my protien powder and it was hard for me to give up on my W30.... When my 30 days was up, I indulged in my favorite protien powder....felt lousy for two days. Not sure why, but I suggest you follow the program for best results.

Strangely now I am happy with real food both pre and post work outs :-) sometimes you actually find a better way!

I know this question constantly comes up. I'm a body builder and started whole 30 today. I do extensive weight training and want to know to ensure I'm eating enough protein is MHP paleo protein fine to take? Not really looking for weight loss, body fat is about 6% due to just finishing competition season. Looking to maintain healthy lifestyle and continue to put on muscle. Thanks!

No protein powder is ok on a whole 30 - you are aiming to nourish your body with good whole foods. You can get plenty of protein from meat, fish, and eggs (plus what's in your vegies and fat sources)! Stick to the upper limit of the template, and include pre and postWO meals as outlined on the template if you're worried about not consuming enough.

http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Okay guess just getting past the thought of no shakes is hard to tackle. Lol. Will do, also is it fine to eat more than three meals a day? I thought there was a post about bulking on the whole 30 but May have been on Robb Wolfe paleo podcast. Thanks again.

What's the Whole30's stance on using Great Lakes gelatin powder as a supplemental protein source? It has 6g protein per tablespoon, plus all the extra good stuff that comes from gelatin from well-raised animals. Been curios for awhile now about this...sorry if I am hijacking your thread!

Okay guess just getting past the thought of no shakes is hard to tackle. Lol. Will do, also is it fine to eat more than three meals a day? I thought there was a post about bulking on the whole 30 but May have been on Robb Wolfe paleo podcast. Thanks again.

If you've just competed, I'd suggest easing in to increased food consumption. If you've been dieting, just shoving a whole lot of extra calories in to you will make you bulk, but the wrong kind of bulk!

I'd suggest sticking with the 3 meals, plus pre/postWO initially. Stick to the upper limits for protein, and include plenty of starchy vegies, especially after training. Gradually increase your food, and potentially meal frequency as you adapt.

What's the Whole30's stance on using Great Lakes gelatin powder as a supplemental protein source? It has 6g protein per tablespoon, plus all the extra good stuff that comes from gelatin from well-raised animals. Been curios for awhile now about this...sorry if I am hijacking your thread!

Plenty of people use gelatin for the health benefits - have a search of the forum (or search through google, including "whole 30" in the search terms)

Archived