heynemo

I am starting Whole30 on 11/1/13. I have numerous reasons for doing so, and am hopeful I will see an overall improvement in my health.

To start, I am "skinny fat". I looks fine with clothes on, but in reality I've got plenty of fat stores on my stomach/upper back/thighs/upper arms that I could really do without. I also have very little muscle and am overall very weak. I have no energy to workout and get discouraged very easily when I find myself struggling to get through a basic workout. 

I suffer from a variety of stomach problems. I haven't been officially diagnosed with IBS (I don't really discuss the issues with my doctor - I find them quite mortifying) but I am pretty sure that is what I have. In the past I would typically have BM with urgency multiple times per day. Especially after drinking coffee. Initially I thought that coffee/dairy was the issue, but after doing keto and drinking plenty of coffee/eating plenty of dairy, my BM returned mostly to normal. I think the culprit may actually be gluten. 

You can also add chronic fatigue syndrome (I wake up tired - I am ALWAYS tired), unexplained joint pain (especially in my hips- I've been tested for everything under the sun and all anti-inflammatory diseases come up negative) and chronic depression and anxiety. In the last 6 months I've also been experiencing chronic BV (bacterial vaginosis) infections. I've had migraines and headaches since I was a preteen, although they are much less severe as I age.

A ketogenic diet has helped with many of these issues (especially joint pain, IBS and fatigue) but I am have been wondering if dairy may be more of a problem than I initially thought. 

So here I am. 

I have very little willpower when it comes to food, so I think this will be quite a struggle for me. But honestly, I am so tired of feeling so sick all the time. 

I am going to make it my goal to post here daily, to hold myself accountable. 

My family is going to continue eating SAD while I do this, which will make it that much harder. But I figure with modifications I can eat right along with them. 

Good luck on this, I am on day four. My husband is continuing with SAD but I try and make our dinners pretty much the same so it is not a hassle cooking (just add some potatoes/rice/pasta) to his portion. I find breakfast the hardest, veggies for breakfast is just plain weird ;) but I am trying! Be kind to yourself during the process too, it sounds like you have a lot going on.

Archived