High blood sugar

maw518

I don't know if is a new topic by itself or not and am definitely not forum savy -- I just completed my 30 days and I am bummed -- overall I feel better, but my blood sugar did not drop as I had hoped -- from 132 to 130 -- really do not want to take meds -- can anyone point me in the right direction for more information? I really want to get it down ASAP -- I have only found hints here and there within the forum, but not enough info -- thanks for your help! Mark

Thanks for responding -- I was compliant through out although was probably not as creative as I could have been -- might have been heavy on the nuts at times for a quick pick me up, especially getting home late some nights from work -- lots of besides the meats, lots of cabbage, tomatoes (cooked), asparagus, etc.  Eggs every day, usually breakfast --  I have also thorough enjoyed discovering sweet potatoes.  Fruits -- often a banana or strawberries (other berries as well) or apple  --  Exercise is notable for lack of -- I basically have banker hours or later so sometimes don't eat til 800 or 830 at night -- I need to get to gym in morning -- I definitely need to get going on this as I have a sedentary job as well -- any help or insights would be appreciated!

I'm a Type 2 diabetic.  In the two years since changing my eating - first Atkins, then discovering The Primal Blueprint, now the Whole30 - I've gone from three diabetes meds twice a day down to one and my A1C is currently 5.6.  My goal is to see if I can get off that last med and control the diabetes with diet and exercise. I've been using myself as an experiment of one and using my meter as my gauge.  If I eat a sweet potato, or even a half one, my fasting sugar the next day is in the low 100s.  If I eat fruit of any kind, even low sugar fruits like berries, my sugar will be in the 110s.  When I leave the fruit out of my diet entirely, within three days my fasting sugars are in the high 80s to low 90s.  That's how it works for me. I'm really reactive to fructose.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing your post and your experience.. I did the whole 30 for the first time June and then again in July and partially in August and then I fell off the wagon. We had to put our dog down and I was so sad that I basically comfort ate the rest of August September and October and into November.. way off plan not doing the whole 30 having sugar having pasta having bread. Went to the doctors in mid November for my physical and my doctor told me that I was showing prediabetes glucose levels. This was a shock to me. I told them I had done whole 30 June and in July but basically screwed up August September October November....then he told me that test covered the last 90 days. My A1C is 6.0.....last years physical was 5.2, so he's concerned.

You sharing ur body's sensitivity to fruit helps me. I realize that the last 90 days I've been eating a lot of dried mango which is tons of sugar and the fruit flavored GT kombucha drinks... again tons of sugar ...I think I will stick to the Gingerade flavor vs the fruit flavored...and of course whole 30 eliminate bread and pasta things that convert to sugar. I had my physical November 20 and starting Thursday, November 21 I'm back doing/living whole 30 not having those breads pastas sugars and I'm confident that when I go back to my doctor in March I'll have my glucose levels down. I have about 25 pounds to lose as well so I started slowly with exercise

Thanks for sharing your story and really really helps and gives me hope. I'm confident I can reverse this prediabetes and get to healthy level. Thank you.

I used to have bananas for a snack everyday. I've stopped eating them because they do raise my blood sugar. For fruit, I have pineapple or strawberry or melon. Those don't seem to be that reactive.

Archived