Day 2 in NYC area...missing the milk in my coffee!

twomore

The wife and I started Whole30 yesterday.  I've been in and out of clean paleo, but have never had the wife onboard before, so I'm ecstatic to be doing this together!

I had Chai Tea in lieu of my coffee today...that's not pleasent for me.  Breakfast was a real crap show this morning also...botched my guac (too much lemon, avacado wasn't ripe enough), but we're pushing through, and I'm coaching my wife through cupcake cravings.

Definitely much easier when we can text back and forth as we crave something.

Anyway, if you're in the NYC area, reach out.  We're in Nassau County.  We can do dinner sometime.

Cheers all!

R/

Chad.

Hi Chad, I grew up in Nassau County, now I live in Georgia.

I used to be a real half and half freak. Now I use coconut milk and it's great. This is the best brand, they sell it in Whole Foods, but I order it by the case from Amazon because we use so much and you save a bit...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HTJ2BQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

While I like my coffee black, I will blend in coconut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon, occassionally. It is much creamier than just coconut milk. You actually want to blend with a stick blender to get the smoothness. It's kind of like a latte but better.

This is the product. It is available at Whole Foods:

http://artisanafoods.com/products/coconut-butter

Thanks for the coconut milk tips!  I never considered the stick blender for that.  I'll try it out this weekend; I have one at home. 

In the mean time, I've been asking myself why I want the milk and sugar anyway (besides the fact that it's absolutely delicious!).  I've always appreciated those around me that enjoy their coffee black.

Take care,

Chad.

Archived