Salad dressing?

LuckyDot

• 2 weeks later...

This dressing is a little work initially but you can make a huge batch in the same way and it keeps for weeks at room temp. It is also beyond delicious. My favorite salad is spinach or romaine with avocados and chopped parsley or chives with a lot of this dressing on top. It's also good on veggies, chicken, fish, everything.

Finely chop a shallot and put it in a bowl. Cover with a couple tablespoons on vinegar of your choice. Set aside.

In a mortar and pestle or on a cutting board with a big knife, mash and mince and pulverize 1 anchovy filet with a garlic clove until it's a fine paste. Add to the shallots and vinegar and whisk together.

Add a teaspoon or two of Dijon mustard and whisk.

While whisking, start pouring in several tablespoons of olive oil in a thin stream. Taste frequently and stop when it's how you like.

When adding to a salad, sprinkle some sea salt and cracked pepper to the salad, not to your batch of dressing.

Store in a jar and just give it a good shake before using.

Seriously, it's soooo good. Try it at least once.

I've tried the Tessemae Ranch and thought it was good (more of an olive oil and vineger taste though!), but if you want more of a true ranch dressing, try the ranch dressing in Well Fed (made with light olive oil mayo). Easy to make and delicious!

One of my favorite dressings is just to throw a packet of Wholly Guacamole onto a salad and top with a little compliant salsa.  Instant taco salad, and no messing up any mixing cups.

Right now, I have the Pantry Vinaigrette from WF2 (shallot, homemade ketchup, olive oil, spices) and the Ranch Dressing (mayo, cream from the top of a can of coconut milk, chives, parsley, garlic, onion powder) from Nom Nom Paleo in my fridge -- I alternate between those two on my veggies and salads. 

The dressing from this ceasar resipe is one of my favorites:

http://www.theppk.com/2013/11/quinoa-caesar-salad/

Obviously, the breaded tofu and quinoa are out-of-bounds, but I've kept the dressing in the rotation because it's so tasty, and as far as I can tell, compliant.

I used to hate making salad dressing until I started using tahini. Some crushed garlic, olive oil, balsamic, salt/pepper/herbs/spices to taste, with a little or a lot of tahini as you like. Shake vigorously in a jar until combined, no special equipment required. The tahini acts as an emulsifier and makes the dressing a bit creamy as well.

I got stuck without a compliant dressing yesterday, and just drizzled on a bit of olive oil, some salt and pepper, and it was surprisingly delicious.  I actually had seconds it was so good.  At home, I do a red wine/olive oil vinaigrette.  Some of these sound so good.  I have an egg allergy, so can't do the paleo mayo, and my attempts at vegan mayo have been dismal failures.

I like the look of the recipe that has the mustard added to the vinaigrette, and will try that for sure.

Was just going to post my go-to vinagarette, the recipe listed above nails it!!

Any basic vinagarette is three parts oil to one part vinegar ( or a little more if you love vinegar like me! )

From there, fresh garlic, or garlic powder if you are in a hurry. I also like to add a little red onion, and salt and pepper!

Now, here's the best part... If you add a teaspoon of a compliant Dijon mustard, give it a quick blast with the immersion blender, and wham- a creamy dressing that will never separate!

Yum, I make enough for the week, and store it in the fridge in a mason jar!

• 2 weeks later...

My go-to salad dressing - even before W30 days - is olive oil, lemon juice, (compliant) dijon or whole grain mustard, garlic (or garlic powder if you're feeling lazy), salt, and pepper. Sorry I don't have measurements - I usually just eyeball it. Been making this for years and I love it. If you want it creamy you can just add a little homemade mayo. Delicious!

I'm not sure if anyone has suggested this yet, but my favorite salad dressing is to take a couple teaspoons of homemade olive oil mayo and mix it with a little balsamic vinegar. The result is sort of a creamy vinaigrette. I have also tried it with a ginger infused white balsamic that's also super awesome!

I'm not sure if anyone has suggested this yet, but my favorite salad dressing is to take a couple teaspoons of homemade olive oil mayo and mix it with a little balsamic vinegar. The result is sort of a creamy vinaigrette. I have also tried it with a ginger infused white balsamic that's also super awesome!

I do this all the time. Yummers!

Archived