Day 1 November 1 - Second Whole30

dstancil

Starting my second round of While30 today and so excited! I have rheumatoid arthritis and it helped wih the pain an swelling in my feet and hands. I fell off the healthy eating wagon for about 2 months and need a jump start to help me feel better again. This time I have motivated my cousin to join me so I am excited about doing the Whole30 program with someone this time.

I started my second Whole(Something) on the 1st as well. Figured I'd come in and say hi. So far, I'm jealous of hubby's sugar eating in class to stay awake (he'd started out saying he'd do it with me, but has since changed it to be he'll eat my meals and not make me cook more stuff for him...) but not really craving.

I did have a food dream night 2, though, which was weirdly early for me. I was eating non-gluten free sweet potato pie! Shock! I get a gluten stomachache when I eat it, and was seriously dreading it that morning when I woke up. Then I realized it was a dream. :)

mholland - I'm planning on going through Thanksgiving probably too. Hubby's getting used to my eating strangely (his words, not mine!) now, which is good. He wasn't here when I did my first one so it was easier to just say no to things instead of having to worm my way around doing couple things with friends or things with his class group or mine.

It is easier, though, when you can just tell him "instead of pizza/sushi/whatever, let's go to Mexican!" and just order steak fajitas (extra veggies) and put some of the house pico/salsa on top. Focus on what you CAN have. And those fajitas were amazing. Mmm. 

None of my food ideas ended up going quite right this week, probably just because I failed at doing my cookup this weekend. From Sunday on, my entire life has been rushing in the kitchen. Kind of annoying, especially when I got to bed late last night because I had no food for me for tonight (going to a food-provided Bible study, where it'll be either Little Caesar's, Popeye's, or Subway) and needed something NOW. Enter the love of the crock pot: for the second night in a row, I made a roast (first roast went to feed hubby and I and a couple we're friends with that just had a miscarriage).

I love my crock pot, and I love my 1/4 cow. Having meat always in the freezer so I can throw a quick roast together at almost no notice is PERFECT for a W30 situation. So much simpler! I still have to learn how to do tongue and liver though...or give it to someone with a dog...

Archived