baking with coconut oil

busymommy

So when I am cutting up sweet potatoes or parsnips or a butternut squash and I cook them with coconut oil on them I assume that is my fat for the meal right?  or does it get cooked off and I need to add another fat to the meal?

seems like the 3 fats I am doing are: coconut oil, avocadoes and olives (I am talking the black ones out of the can, hope that is what we can have).  can't really think of other things.  sometimes throughout I end up eating a whole avocado, is that ok?

fat portions don't need to be constantly exactly the same. One meal you might have a whole avocado, one meal might be light on fat and that's fine. Do your best to stay on template, and then allow your hunger/satiety signals to guide you. For me, that means if one meal is heavy on fat, I simply don't want as much the next meal. It evens out.

All that said: if you are too light on fat in general, you may find that you crave food outside of meals (and the craving is likely to be for carbs not fat). SO, err on the high side of the fat template and then let your appetite guide you moving forward.

Archived