Dairy reintro - could this be a symptom?

RobinD

I did my dairy reintro on Thursday, and didn't notice anything different on Thursday or Friday. But on Friday night I had crazy dreams (not exactly nightmares, but not happy dreams). On Saturday afternoon I hit a wall and was so beyond tired that I had to take a 2-hour nap. Both of those things are not uncommon for me; however, I do have to say that I didn't experience either crazy dreams or hitting a wall while during my 30 days of the Whole 30. Could the dairy reintro possibly have triggered those symptoms? Or is that a stretch? It has also been stressful at work because of something big that is coming up next week.

I have found some of my reintroductions to be complicated. Several foods I have tried have been followed by suspicious symptoms that could also have been caused by unusual things that happened at the same time, like unbelievably hot weather (over 100 degrees), or other stressful circumstances. Really, the only thing to do is what Lizitea suggested--wait a while and try again. Your symptoms don't sound like dairy reaction to me, but who knows? Stranger things have happened.

People say that you shouldn't eat cheese before bed because it causes nightmares...I think? So perhaps you're not too far off the mark...

I would also suggest eating compliantly until you feel good again, good energy etc, and then try again?

I've never heard that before. I actually tend to sleep better when I have a little cheese before bed. It's amazing how our bodies can all be so different.

That said I agree that the only way to know for sure is to wait and try it again.

Usually weird dreams for me are triggered by stressful situations, too much time focused on a single activity during the day (like a game), or sugar.

Archived