Going into Day 6 w/ mild headache

twomore

Day 5 had steady, strong energy, no cravings, after the energy slump in 4.  It was good.  At the end of the day, around 9PM a mild headache set in, and carried over to this morning.

I generally only get headaches with a hangover, and not frequently.  This one is similar, just a little less noticeable.  I woke up around 5AM (which would have been normal given DST shift, even though I wasn't thrilled about that), and downed a glass of water.  I'm holding off on Advil to see if I can identify the source.

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast: Coffee with 2-3 Tbsp's coconut milk, assorted berries, two slices roasted pears, scrambled eggs, and almonds (no veggies), some crispy bacon.

Lunch: leftover prime rib (probably 5-7oz), it had sauteed veggies on it, I added broccoli cooked with Tbsp of clarified butter.  I dipped into some of the guac I made my wife.

Dinner: One of MDA's sausage and egg to go (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/sausage-and-eggs-to-go/), with a cup of canned spinach, and small handful of black olive.

I went to Starbucks later to read, had a decaf and brought about 3-4 Tbsp coconut milk with me and stirred it in.

I sort of reintroduced coffee that day, but I was only off it a day.  I was suspect of the Decaf, the headache set in shortly after, but that seems too convenient of a culprit.  Plus the headache lingered through this morn...  The last meal was early, but I was banking on the coconut milk in the decaf for calories.

Hidration seemed alright to me.

Any thoughts?  Too little food?  Just a normal Day 6 thing?

I'm holding off on the Advil until after breakfast sets.  Another MDA sausage / egg, with a cup of frozen broccoli pan fried with clarified butter.

Thanks for your time!

R/

Chad.

I'd say a combo of too little food and just part of the process...

I got my worst headache on day 8!

I'd suggest increasing your portion sizes, protein may be ok, but perhaps you need more fat and vegies (2-3 cups per meal). I'd especially recommend some starchy vegie carbs!

I'd say a combo of too little food and just part of the process...

I got my worst headache on day 8!

I'd suggest increasing your portion sizes, protein may be ok, but perhaps you need more fat and vegies (2-3 cups per meal). I'd especially recommend some starchy vegie carbs!

Ok, thanks!  I'm going to pay more attention to that today.  My wife also reported a headache, so it made me conside the "part of the process" factor a little more this morning after posting this.  We need to bake a whole dish of sweet potatoes or something! ;)

R/

Chad.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on Day 8 and didn't have a headache this morning; but have one now (around 3pm). I've had one pretty much since Day 3 onwards now. I think it's honesty just the start of the process, sugar withdrawls, etc. It should get better! I think I am going to up my veggie count, and include more starchy veggies, too, like butternut squash.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on day 18 and am still dealing with headaches. I did not get the normal sugar withdrawal headaches since I really wasn't a sugar consumer due to an allergy. However I am still dealing with waking up to headaches which feel very similar to hangovers. I'm wondering if I'm dehydrated. The reason I think that is I drink tea the majority of the day when I used to be a consistent water drinker.

Could drinking herbal teas contribute to dehydration?

I'm on day 18 and am still dealing with headaches. I did not get the normal sugar withdrawal headaches since I really wasn't a sugar consumer due to an allergy. However I am still dealing with waking up to headaches which feel very similar to hangovers. I'm wondering if I'm dehydrated. The reason I think that is I drink tea the majority of the day when I used to be a consistent water drinker.

Could drinking herbal teas contribute to dehydration?

It's unlikely the tea is causing issues. To me it sounds more like a food issue (or lack of). What have you been eating? Could you post a few days of food log?

Yesterday for breakfast - roast chicken with sautéed spinach, green beans and sweet potatoe brash browns

Yesterday for lunch - one sausage link, roasted cauliflower and parsnips, sautéed peppers, onions and mushrooms

Yesterday for dinner - roast chicken, roasted cauliflower and parsnips, sweet potatoe hash browns and sautéed spinach and green beans

Today Breakfast - one sausage link, sautéed spinach, onions and mushrooms

Today lunch - tuna with chopped celery, onion, radish, cucumber with olive oil and mute plum vinegar and avocado

Haven't eaten dinner yet. Let me know what you think.

• 1 month later...

Hi, wondering if you fellow headache sufferers just powered through or took something over the counter? Any guidelines on taking meds for side effects? I'm on day 7 and have had a headache since yesterday afternoon. thanks!

Archived