Eating too much??

morkkel

So my boyfriend and I are doing this together, but I've been finding that I'm eating more than him - all the time. He burns more simply by being male. Am I eating too much if I'm eating "man" size portions? We work out the same, etc. So it's not like I'm doing a lot more athletic work. I've always had a big appetite, maybe I need to work on shrinking it?

Are you satisfied between meals? (Or overly so?) Do you have good energy, sleep etc? Do you pay attention to fullness signals, and eat only till you're done...or are you stuffed after eating?

What was your diet like before? You may find that as you eat more nutrient dense food, you need less of it and your appetite will naturally adjust. perhaps try decreasing your portions a little (protein and fat) and see how you go if you're worried about it? You may have a better metabolism than him - who knows! Every body is different :)

I eat more volume than my husband - I can easily eat double, or triple the vegies he eats! He eats more protein and fat though...

That's a good idea - throwing in more veggies. Even before we started this I ate more. When we go to restaurants we half everything right down the middle. My diet was quasi clean before - whole grains, dairy, etc. And I've always had the "clean your plate" mentality. Even now, I think I need to slow down and listen to my body a bit more. I am a fast eater who eats everything that is put in front of me. I don't feel stuffed though, at least not like I did pre-whole 30. Prior to this, I've been so full I've had to unbutton my pants! Always attractive...

I've never had an issue with sleep - actually I slept a bit better prior to whole 30. Energy - eh... never really had good energy, which is the reason I am doing the whole 30. I haven't had any energy sky rockets yet, but hoping they come in the second half of this program. Thank you for the tips. I will add in some more spinach, and maybe cut down on the fats - I eat A LOT of fats. They're just so dang good!

One thing the whole 30 made me do was slow down and focus on enjoying my food properly - I was also a speedy eater!

I now think about chewing my food, and savouring each bite, instead of trying to get it in ASAP :) it does make a huge difference, and also helps your digestion...

If you're hungry between meals, I definitely wouldn't reduce your portions...

I ate 6-7 meals a day for about 3 years prior to my whole 30, and switched to 3 meals quite easily. I made sure to eat plenty...but think I still didn't eat enough starchy vegies for the amount of training I was doing!

Archived