Starting Nov. 9th.

abens123

I don't know and its a daily struggle, according to the book you have your protein and the vegetables are suppose to fill-up the rest of your plate.  I would just always make sure to have a healthy vegetable serving.  Not sure if that helps you at all. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick question...as I look at my lunch. How much protein and vegetables should I be having for lunch. because today, my lunch is very protein heavy...

The template suggests 1-2 palms:

http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Don't stress if you have more! Eat until you're full - perhaps it is too much - and maybe reevaluate how much you give yourself at other times :)

I aim for 2-3 cups of vegetables per meal. Hope you've got some fat in there too?

Hi ladies! You all are rocking it! I started on the 6th, so I'm a few days "ahead" of you. It was awesome to read back through this post, I saw a lot of what I have gone through as well. The social situations can be so tough, the cravings, seeing how I respond to stress, all that, I'm right there with ya.

abens123...fat!!! you are forgetting FAT! I've been having 1/2 an avocado with meals and combined with the protein it's really helping me feel full and happy! Plus eating half an avocado feels so TABOO!!

Anyways, keep up the great work ladies!!! 

Holy smokes, thanks goSonja, that explains why I felt full today after breakfast I had some of an avocado with my meal I was completely satisfied until lunch! I only had a quarter of it because I wasn't sure just how much I should have, but now I know I can afford to have more! Who knew fat would help you feel full"

Finished another day and it was probably my best day so far, seemed a bit easier today and no headaches! I hope everyone else is doing good!

Keep up the good work!

Woot woot, our first week is almost over and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be!  It wasn't as bad as I thought, it just getting my portion sizes under control; I have breakfast figured out now trying to get a handle on lunch, dinner I have under control also, its just during the day where I will get that hunger pain, and again not sure if it is emotional (my job is stressful) or actual hunger. 

I am looking forward to more realizations with me and my health in the next week!

Have a great day ladies! 

My avocadoes STILL aren't ripe, and days like today where I'm out of olives and have no nuts means I have no fat for lunch...I hope I don't get HANGRY this afternoon!!! 

I too have gotten ride of the headaches, and by yesterday, was feeling good.  No, this isn't hard. I do struggle with all the food I'm eating though, even though I know it's all really good food for me to eat!  I too think I have breakfast figured out, but lunch is still a struggle.  Dinner has been hit or miss!  What I do know is I didn't prep enough food Sunday, because by last night, I was out of EVERYTHING except my breakfasts!  This weekend will be tough...I love a good glass of wine after work on a Friday!  And tomorrow, I'm going to a craft fair extravaganza deal, from 8-3:30....going to need to pack a lot of food!!

Luvrdeo good luck tomorrow at your craft fair. It's funny I find myself planning my days around meals, like I'll go iut early enough for me to get home by lunch or the same for dinner time. You'll do fine at the fair I always carry a tuna packet with me for just in case.

Today has gone good, made taco salad for dinner and it was so good! Trying to thing of some new receips for next week.

Hope everyone had a successful day!!

Luvrdeo - in the email you get on day 10 they said if you put your avocados in a paper bag with a banana they will be ripe in 24 hours! Who knew??? You'll have to let us know if that works! Have fun at the craft fair, I love those!!!

Nisel1011 - Super Yea on your successful days! It sounds like you are cranking right along. taco salad sounds delish, I hope it was good!

Funny you both mention headaches, that's one of my biggest agh-hahs from this....sugar = headache!! 

Sounds like minus a few headaches and cravings we are all still going strong! I love hearing about how digestive issues are clearing up and folks are feeling more healthy! Yay!

I'm on day 4 and feel really good. I've noticed clothes fitting better as well. Also, my workouts have been at a higher intensity too! That was a totally unexpected benefit!

Have a great day all!

Happy first week! Hope all did well today, I kept myself busy keeping my mind off all the free time to possibly cheat, made it through another day!

Hope everyone had a great Saturday! I'm making my menu for the week so I can prep tomorrow!

Congrats, we should all be proud!

Tried putting my avocado in a bag with the banana...maybe I had the wrong kind of brown paper bag, because it didn't work?!  Oh well, one of them was ripe enough yesterday so I indulged!!  None for today though, which makes me sad.  A week in, and I really do feel great!  I made chocolate chili last night from a blog I follow, and that, topped with half an avocado, really hit the spot!  This is a lot easier then I thought it would be, and minus the one bad stomach ache I had yesterday morning, for the most part my stomach really agrees with this!  I'll be anxious to experiment with things after the 30 days is up, so that I can figure out exactly what kills my gut so bad!  On to week 2...stay strong!!  :D

luvrdeo, that's too bad about the avocado I was hoping it would help!  Ill have to try the chocolate chili, sounds good.

I'm starting to really feel the more energy, which is great.  Normally I am completely beat by 8:30 and in bed, but all weekend I could really feel better and more energetic until 10.  I'm also sleeping better too, I have always not slept well, but the last 5 days have been great, waking up feeling awake an not so groggy like I'm use to.

I mad the sweet potato hash for breakfast and it was delicious, love love it. 

Have a great day everyone! 

You all sound like you are doing great! I have one question. Does anyone else wake up with a headache? I'm fine during the day. I stick to the plan with no problems or cravings at all. I eat dinner. Generally a protein, e.g. a pork chop, with a healthy serving of sautéed sauerkraut, onions and apple and some broccoli. I go to bed feeling fine, not hungry at all. Then typically around 2 or 3 am I'm woken from a dead sleep due to a pounding headache.

Am I not eating enough for dinner? Am I eating too early?

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Hmm...after the first few days, my headaches subsided, that is terrible for you!  Maybe someone with more knowledge can give you more insight...perhaps your body is still adjusting?  I hope it gets better! 

Day #8 - or something like that?  I find I am no longer counting the days, because I love how I feel, and I know this is life-changing for me!  I've been waking up to the sound of my coffee pot, rather then my alarm, and that is nice...so much more peaceful!

Hi everyone, 

Sorry, I've been MIA.  It's been crazy busy lately, but I am sticking to this whole 30.  I'm on day...11, I had a slip up last weekend, I'm still sticking to this and not letting that deter me or make me stop.  Last night I made Curry Butternut squash soup and it is so good!  One batch of it is enough to last me a few days.  A little to spicy for my Swedish blood, so I might tweak some things next time, and I realized I didn't have enough Chicken Broth, so maybe that would tame things down a bit. 

Oh, and also, anyone experience any....um, "digestion" issues?  This may be TMI, but holy cow.  I'm sure it's my body getting used to what's going on and flushing out the "crap" inside.  So Friday I went to get a probiotic at our local co-op and I took two sips and almost gaged. I remember thinking to myself, " I have to drink all of this??!" I got back to work, looked at the label and it said to only drink 2 tablespoons if you're just starting out. Thank goodness I didn't drink anymore! Things seem a little more balanced, but I'm feeling kinda bloated today.  Hoping I can get to the gym tonight.  

Hey everyone!  Last night was my first day back at the gym since I started this and I think I am doing pre-workout meal wrong, I just ate some nuts, but got really light headed mid workout?  I don't know what I am suppose to have prior and after, I guess I'm looking for examples and I  can expand from that. 

Abens123, so funny on the digestion issues, I know exactly what you mean! 

Meals seem to be getting easier to make, threw a roast in the crock pot this morning with veggies and will make cauliflower mash potatoes to have with it, should be good!

Hey everyone!  Last night was my first day back at the gym since I started this and I think I am doing pre-workout meal wrong, I just ate some nuts, but got really light headed mid workout?  I don't know what I am suppose to have prior and after, I guess I'm looking for examples and I  can expand from that. 

Meals seem to be getting easier to make, threw a roast in the crock pot this morning with veggies and will make cauliflower mash potatoes to have with it, should be good!

Definitely need more then just nuts!!!  Read this for pre and post-wo meals :) 

http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Hard boiled eggs!!! and some nuts or avocado!!! Try that! I find the eggs go down easy. That and water, making sure you are hydrated before your workout. I know when I get light headed it's often times I haven't been good about the water during that day. On the days you know you are going to work out, make that breakfast nice and large too. 

That's what works for me.

I'm hopping over from another (inactive) forum.  I'm on day 15 (half way there!!).  

I dealt with some of the same nausea & lightheadedness when working out in the beginning too.  I haven't been working out everyday, but would imagine that my body is now used to my current diet (fat burning now too!) and blood sugar levels are probably more level too, which helps.  I didn't experience any issues when I worked out yesterday, so hopefully it'll get better for you!!  

Did you guys know that goSonja just won her age group (and gender?) in the Arizona IronMan & qualified for Kona WHILE mid-way through Whole 30 this past Sunday?  She rocks!!  Shows you can do this while traveling and that it actually helps for major athletic achievements.  We only "met" on the forum & she's my accountability buddy, so I thought I'd give her a little shout out:-)

Have a successful day everyone; look forward to hearing all your progress updates:-)  ~Gina

You all sound like you are doing great! I have one question. Does anyone else wake up with a headache? I'm fine during the day. I stick to the plan with no problems or cravings at all. I eat dinner. Generally a protein, e.g. a pork chop, with a healthy serving of sautéed sauerkraut, onions and apple and some broccoli. I go to bed feeling fine, not hungry at all. Then typically around 2 or 3 am I'm woken from a dead sleep due to a pounding headache.

Am I not eating enough for dinner? Am I eating too early?

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

I go my worst headache on day 8 - thankfully it was a weekend because I didn't feel like the day was going to happen!

Have you been including plenty of fat and starchy vegies? What about water - are you hydrated?

Amberino21, I think I had been too light on the fats and starchy veggies. Tonight I had not only my protein with veggies but also some guacamole and a small sweet potatoe.

Keep your fingers crossed that I wake up with my alarm at 4am bright eyed and bushy tailed!

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions and support!

Just checking in to let you all know that I awoke this AM with NO headache!! YAY!!! The key seemed to be a bit more carb dense veggies, aka sweet potater and a bit more fat for dinner to get me through the night. I still woke up a tad hungry so I'm thinking it was the right amount. Had a great workout also!

Onto more great days!! Thanks all!!

Hope you all are having a wonderful day today as well!

um, i'm going to be honest....I Just want a stinkin' piece of cheese!!  

okay done.  I'm on day 12, what?!?! Something I noticed this am, was as I was putting on a pair of jeans they were a tad saggy.  exciting.  

anyone have any simple things they eat?  like tonight, I'm thinking I might make my "tacos" ago, minus the tortilla...

and before this, I was not a huge meat eater and chicken still kind of grosses me out and I don't like pork or lamb or steak (weird I know...) .  I think i'm getting worn out of food ideas.  Do you guys wanna share your ideas? 

Archived