Starting Nov. 9th.

abens123

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today was day 26 for me!  I am amazed how I feel.  I can't wait to get on the scale in four more days.  For the first time I had Bok Choy.  GREAT.(Sauted)   

Previous to starting I had to take a Zantac almost daily.  I had two during my first seven days.  My blood pressure has dropped to 120/80, and I was bumping 145/95 26 days ago, consistently.  I am very concerned about "re-introduction."  I want to keep doing this.  Moderators, do I "have" to do re-introduction right now, or can I safely keep on keeping on with this?  I certainly want to expand my recipes, etc, (using almond flower and the like when appropriate)? I don't even want to think about adding dairy, bread, or legumes back at this point! I hope you all are doing well.

Day 22 for me .

Food is starting to get a little bland and I am feeling like a meat man with all the non veg in every meal lol. I think it is too early to expect great benefits from the program but I will try and list a few pro's and cons below:

Pros:

1. Feeling light.

2. Feel Full throughout the day.

3. Fresh when I wake up in the morning.

4. Don't crave pizza;s,burgers,bakeries,etc.

Cons:

1. Sometimes constipated and I do not go to the bathroom much now.

2. Irritable sometimes.

3. Pimples on face.

I am concerned about an article on Yahoo health stating that Whole9 diet is the worst but I am gonna stick to it. Also any idea how to get good bacteria in the gut like pro-biotics. Also what do you guys think of this : http://www.yakult.co.in/index.htm

Thanks in advance.

Day 22 for me .

Food is starting to get a little bland and I am feeling like a meat man with all the non veg in every meal lol. I think it is too early to expect great benefits from the program but I will try and list a few pro's and cons below:

Pros:

1. Feeling light.

2. Feel Full throughout the day.

3. Fresh when I wake up in the morning.

4. Don't crave pizza;s,burgers,bakeries,etc.

Cons:

1. Sometimes constipated and I do not go to the bathroom much now.

2. Irritable sometimes.

3. Pimples on face.

I am concerned about an article on Yahoo health stating that Whole9 diet is the worst but I am gonna stick to it. Also any idea how to get good bacteria in the gut like pro-biotics. Also what do you guys think of this : http://www.yakult.co.in/index.htm

Thanks in advance.

I have never eaten a bland meal eating this way - herbs and spices are your friends!

I've also never had a meal that I would say had meat as the main item on my plate. My meat takes up perhaps a quarter of the plate, with mountains of vegies the rest. I make sure to eat at least 2-3 cups of vegies, usually more, with every single meal.

Not having regular BM's suggests your food is possibly not quite right, and your digestion is off. You may also need to drink more water. Could you post a few days of food?

You can get good dairy free probiotics from fermented foods - sauerkraut (raw not pasteurised), kimchi and drinks like kombucha. Bone broth is also good for gut health.

Moderators, do I "have" to do re-introduction right now, or can I safely keep on keeping on with this?

Short answer: no. you don't "have" to re-introduce anything now if you don't want to. That said, if you are going to have off-plan foods in your life at all, it can be helpful to carefully introduce them one at a time. That way, if you notice any reaction you know what caused it. SO, that might mean you wait until the next time dairy (or wheat or soy or whatever) crosses your path and you want to have some, have some, then watch and observe what happens. OR it might mean you carefully choose to bring these foods in one at a time now so you will know later what kind of reaction to expect. Either option is good. What you want to avoid is just going off-plan completely, having a pizza/beer/cake fest, for example, then feeling awful and not knowing what caused it. 

I eat whole30 pretty much all the time, but knowing how I react to certain foods helps me decide when and off-plan item is "worth it" to me.

Hello everyone!   Going well and enjoying the benefits of Whole30, I love the energy levels I have, I feel like I have my life back.  I have always been tired all the time and very early to bed only to wake up to not feeling resting and having a poor nights sleep, that has all changed and I am so grateful!  I haven't gotten bored with my foods, I love trying out new spices and flavors with my food, my only hard part is breakfast.  I made a breakfast porridge and it was pretty good, was nice for the change from eggs and such.

Hope all are well and have an awesome day! 

Hello everyone!   Going well and enjoying the benefits of Whole30, I love the energy levels I have, I feel like I have my life back.  I have always been tired all the time and very early to bed only to wake up to not feeling resting and having a poor nights sleep, that has all changed and I am so grateful!  I haven't gotten bored with my foods, I love trying out new spices and flavors with my food, my only hard part is breakfast.  I made a breakfast porridge and it was pretty good, was nice for the change from eggs and such.

My current fav breakfast is mashed squash (butternut, acorn, pumpkin) or sweet potatoes topped with ghee & cinammon, then top that with steamed greens (that don't have a strong flavor - like spinach), and top that with homemade turkey breakfast sausage.  Also I have small piece of fruit if I'm not too full.

Hello everyone! Going well and enjoying the benefits of Whole30, I love the energy levels I have, I feel like I have my life back. I have always been tired all the time and very early to bed only to wake up to not feeling resting and having a poor nights sleep, that has all changed and I am so grateful! I haven't gotten bored with my foods, I love trying out new spices and flavors with my food, my only hard part is breakfast. I made a breakfast porridge and it was pretty good, was nice for the change from eggs and such.

I also experienced better sleep on my whole 30 - it was great! We did make an effort to go to bed earlier, which doesn't always happen these days, but I think that definitely helped.

How did you make your breakfast "oatmeal" - remember that paleofied versions of foods aren't allowed, but also consider if it fit the template with protein, fats and 2-3 cups of vegetables.

It's interesting that a number of people checked in with a status of where they were in the Whole30. I had the same thought when I wrote this.

I'm on day #21 today. While I wouldn't characterize my energy level as having "Tiger Blood" I definitely have noticed a lot of small positive changes.

First and foremost I FEEL healthier. I LOVE eating wholesome, humanely sourced proteins and organic vegetables and healthy fats!

Second I feel calmer. I'm not sure why that is but I no longer feel anxious or antsy. So while I'm more energetic it doesn't come across like a tasmanian devil cyclone. It's more like a strong, consistent breeze that propels a sailboat across the waves.

Third, my face is way clearer and brighter.

Fourth, my clothes are fitting better. I no longer see myself as a linebacker. Poor self image, I know, but it's the way I felt. I feel much less bulky!

Fifth, my workouts are stronger and more intense. But I don't feel flattened or drained after the workout. My recovery is much quicker.

Sixth, I am having more regular "movements". I apologize for the TMI subject, but when you are my age this is very important! 8-) UMESHB, FWIW, I found I was not drinking enough water which helped tremendously.

Seventh, The Daily30 has been wonderful! The topics always seem relevant to the way I'm thinking/feeling. There is a TON of information and resources to help with one's life changes. Yesterday's was VERY apropo as I suffer HUGELY from CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). The FLYLady recommendation is a challenge I am taking on since I feel so good!

Eighth, I'm headed toward a WHOLE9 life. I do believe this program is life changing!

Thanks for such a wonderful program and great way of living!

Well I found the culprit to my BM problem to be lack of water and greens. I have fixed my diet and am having more greens and a little protein according to the chart. But I still do not crave junk food and this is very unsettling. What is wrong with me.

I have been having 2 dates though daily I don't know if i am allowed to do that.

Cheers guy for the inputs and congrats on keeping up the new lifestyle.

Well I found the culprit to my BM problem to be lack of water and greens. I have fixed my diet and am having more greens and a little protein according to the chart. But I still do not crave junk food and this is very unsettling. What is wrong with me.

I have been having 2 dates though daily I don't know if i am allowed to do that.

Cheers guy for the inputs and congrats on keeping up the new lifestyle.

Not craving junk food is not a problem: enjoy the absence of the cravings.

Having 2 dates is fine as long as they are part of a meal and not alone as a snack.

Archived