new start

Freeeating

D13, my cold was getting a little bit better, I had some crazy cravings for pastries, don't know why, might be the cupcake I made for son's birthday, can't wait to try it after I am done with this, seems microwave 10 seconds will warm it up from the freezer,  stomach hasn't been right for the past several days...growling a lot...

D16, I got a really crazy cramp on my left leg this morning, probably because my workout yesterday, this is matching the "muscle cramp" symptom plus the dizziness, I don't think I've reached a keto stage though because I am still consuming more protein and not enough fat...

listening to an interview Peter Attia with Ben Greenfield and bought a book: The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living: An Expert Guide to Making the Life-Saving Benefits of Carbohydrate... by Phinney, Stephen and Volek, Jeff  , they made some good recommendations.

so back to my problem, I need to:

1. increase salt intake

2. take some magnesium supplement, such as Natural Calm, which is already recommended by whole9

D17, I definitely feel much better today, cold has been subsided significantly, I had some hard time falling asleep last night, but didn't wake up in the middle of night. Took 2t Natural Calm, I think that might be too much, I feel a bit nauseous after dinner today, should start with 1/2 teaspoon according to what on the bottle. Put lots of salt (3t) into the bone broth today.

Listened to another interesting podcast by Dave Asprey, another high fat person

D18 and D19, I am slowly getting over my cold, nose is still running, but I feel more energetic, headaches are much better too.

I couldn't sleep on D18, don't know if it's because natural calm or the coco in the chili. Last night I fell asleep very quickly and woke up 7 hours later, I think 7 might be my magic number instead of 8.

have been reading this blog http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/, which advocates keto lifestyle.

she was saying the only veggies allowed when trying to become keto-adapted are: red leaf lettuce, cabbage, celery, zucchini and cucumbers.

Day20's daily email comes in so much in time, a big hit on my forehead:

These real measurements of health are impacted by what you eat, how often you play, how much you sleep, your exercise routine, and your interpersonal relationships – and have nothing to do with how you look.

D24-26: traveling, try to be compliant as much as I can, and added some nuts as fat after every meal, I noticed nuts are less addictive if they are not roasted.

My sleeping is still not good, always too excited to fall asleep and wake up early, I think I probably have been slept around 6 hours

D27, I think I finally see Tiger Blood, after all these days, half of which I was sick, yesterday was my birthday, instead of cake, I had 2 sweet potatoes and some dried fruits as something sweet, I have been on extremely low carb for almost two weeks, I am wondering if it's the carb refeed make the Tiger Blood...anyway, feeling super high day. I know the template emphasizes on pre and post workout meal, but I've been feeling so full that I started doing 2 meals a day, eat at 12pm and 6pm and then fast in between. I was working out on a very empty stomach today and don't feel uncomfortable at all....

this blog:

A Proven Path to a High-Energy Morning

Eating carbs for breakfast while insulin sensitivity is high and glycogen levels are still full from a late night dinner, basically tells fat cells to convert the excess carbs to fat and store it away. When insulin levels are too high, the body increases the efficiency of fat storage, but when insulin levels drop, the body's fat burning abilities are totally revved up!

This article on Woman IF

D28. it was a crazy day, I had a huge craving for sweet, even after a very high fat meal. I think it might be the result of sugar load of sweet potato, dried fruits and banana the day before, I don't think I can handle it so well for all those things. If it was not because I am still in the program and so close to cross the finish line, I would definitely reach some bad food. Definitely should steer away from them after I am done with whole 30. I do not understand why they are even allowed in whole30 program.

Got the meat I ordered from US Wellness! Very fast, I ordered last on Sunday, then it arrived Tuesday afternoon. Tested some beef liver by hiding them in the ground meat, doesn't smell so pleasant. The leftovers are better though.

D28. it was a crazy day, I had a huge craving for sweet, even after a very high fat meal. I think it might be the result of sugar load of sweet potato, dried fruits and banana the day before, I don't think I can handle it so well for all those things. If it was not because I am still in the program and so close to cross the finish line, I would definitely reach some bad food. Definitely should steer away from them after I am done with whole 30. I do not understand why they are even allowed in whole30 program.

Got the meat I ordered from US Wellness! Very fast, I ordered last on Sunday, then it arrived Tuesday afternoon. Tested some beef liver by hiding them in the ground meat, doesn't smell so pleasant. The leftovers are better though.

Dried fruit is easy to over eat and not particularly nutritious, but fresh fruit and vegetables are nutritious and healthy. Why should they not be part of your diet? Most people function better including them - from a results perspective, I don't think I would have grown the muscle I have without a considerable amount of carbs. I also think they are beneficial for me hormonally, and I generally feel better when I include them!

Perhaps moderate consumption is the key, not an all or nothing approach?

Archived