Scale temptations

If you think about it, you can weigh yourself on your scales 5 times a day, and I can almost guarantee that you will get 5 different results let alone on different days, times of the month etc - so HOW can anyone possibly say, 'My weight is xxx.xlbs'??? Your 'weight' is a range, not one number...

And you can look completely different at the same weight depending on what types of food you eat, your activity types (strength/cardio), with water retention, or even if you have a bit of a tan! :D So it's an arbitrary number with the power to have a massive psychological impact on a person.

I would advise focusing on other factors that are improving (because they certainly will be). You'll be so pleased you stayed away. :)

Read this on facebook this morning...

http://www.facebook.com/BellatrixNutrition

The scale is information. That's it. What does it tell you? It tells you what you weigh that moment you step on it. That's it. It tells you nothing else. It doesn't tell you anything about the composition of your weight, if you've lost fat, gained muscle, or if simply your body's water balance has fluctuated. It just gives you information, and most importantly, information without any context, is useless.

• 2 years later...

Weighing yourself 2-3 times per day is not motivation. It's an obsession. Obsessions feel productive, but they are actually destructive of your health and self-esteem. Hang in there and you will slay the scale dragon!

Kirkor, we need one of your drawings.   The Scale Dragon....draggin' somebody off.   Draw the rest of us fighting to bring them back into the W30 fold.

Oh my gosh I hate the scale so much! I haven't weighed in weeks. I know I would spiral into depression and ice cream. I am so on board with getting rid of the scale. I did weigh before the holidays because I did a Whole 30 for 14 days and now I'm back for 21 more. BUT, I didn't weigh after 14 days. I feel great, my clothes fit and my skin looks good. All that stupid scale is is a number. OK, off of my soap box. Love the idea of a Scale Dragon!!

Yes!! I have that problem! But I really think it's important not to. I went on during it and found me to be less and then a week later I weighed like a pound more and even though it was barely anything, it made me so angry! If you're working out I especially don't recommend it! I think it's important to go based on how your clothes are fitting and how great you feel (:

Archived