Wisdom Teeth :(

mandeemus

So, I was so excited to start my Whole30 that I didn't realize I would be getting my wisdom teeth out on Day 21!

I've been told to eat soft foods for at least a few days afterward. Any good ideas to get my protein, fat, and veggies all in a soft food form? I know soup is awesome for this. I've been trying to pin recipes like crazy. Anyone have any easy, tried and true recipes for me?

Scrambled eggs (or HB ones) are very soft and good protein sources. Avocado is good for fat (then again, so is mayo!!! I'm seriously crushing on mayo right now...). Soft veggies - cook everything thoroughly. I'd say steaming will probably be better at softening them up vs. roasting. I've done a good mashed sweet potato mixture (bake sweet potato halves until fully cooked and soft), then mix them up with coconut milk (or oil, or ghee) and your choice of spices. It's a veggie and a fat all in one. The spices can really be quite varied - nutmeg/cinnamon/ground ginger or cloves will feel like you're eating a luscious pumpkin pie. Use that if you want some serious food comfort. Cumin/salt/pepper will be a bit spicy and zingy, add chili powder if you want more zip.

You can puree other veggies too, but that's my favorite right there.

I just made a pumpkin-carrot-ginger soup.  Those three plus chicken broth and sauteed onions all blended together.  It freezes really well.  Can also be done with just carrot.

For a "protein soup" I like to use the avgolemono method.  After heating bone broth, whisk lemon juice and egg in a small bowl.  Add a little broth to the egg at a time to temper it without scrambling.

Thanks Nico! Those flavors sound awesome together. Especially for fall :) And I have never even heard of the avgolemono method! I will have to do some serious googling.

Thanks all!

Being married to someone of Greek descent, I've had lots of avgolemono soup over the years. Avgo = egg and lemono = lemon, or from Greek to English, egg lemon soup: yum.  

I just made a pumpkin-carrot-ginger soup.  Those three plus chicken broth and sauteed onions all blended together.  It freezes really well.  Can also be done with just carrot.

I forgot to mention that I added coconut milk to the pumpkin soup.  I hope the surgery goes well!

Archived