Chicken livers and garlic

Wordlvr

I got some chicken liver from US Wellness and looked for Whole 30-ish ideas for preparation. This sounded good and it really was. Simple, too. Be unafraid of the raw garlic.

Stolen Garlic Chicken Livers

Prep Time: 5 mins

Total Time: 10 mins

This is what the recipe notes said:

"This is the ultimate Garlic Chicken Liver recipe. Simple, quick, minimal ingredients. Stolen from my local Italian restaurant after two weeks working there as a dish washer just to get the recipe. They've retired now so I don't think they'll mind me divulging their secret!"

Ingredients

1/2 lb chicken livers

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 teaspoon lemon juice

1/2 teaspoon salt

3 cloves garlic

Directions

Wash, trim and dry the Chicken Livers.

DRY fry them, NO OIL, in a frying pan, for three or four minutes until cooked through.

Whilst still on the cooker add the oil, lemon juice and salt to taste.

Stir once gently to mix.

Serve immediately into a single portion dish and sprinkle liberally with chopped garlic, the more the better.

The dry fry technique prevents the liver from browning and keeps it tender enough to melt in your mouth.

• 3 months later...

This sounds good to me. Served with crispy tostones instantly came to mind. It's probably the olive oil/garlic mixture that made me think of them. I make a dipping sauce (mojito) for our tostones using olive oil, pinch of salt, bit of lime juice and lots of chopped garlic. I cook the chopped garlic in my iron skillet till it's sweetened (not toasted, if that makes sense) and then turn off the heat and add the other ingredients and stir. I store any leftover mojito in a mason jar in the fridge and use it later to stir into different foods to add flavor...spoon it over deboned baked chicken and picadillo are our favorite uses for the leftover mojito.

• 2 months later...

Archived