Peanut Butter?

JD12377

Nut butters are fine during a whole30, so long as you avoid eating them by the jar full ;)

If you have a food processor, macadamia nut butter is easy - throw the nuts in, switch on & wait. It goes quicker than homemade almond butter, i think because macadamias are softer & oilier.

Or you could be lazy like me and buy the jars of Artisana....it's cheaper than buying the organic nuts to do it myself!

I have been eating almond butter for about 6 months now, I recently started buying the freshly ground stuff from Fairway Market here in CT, and it's the best.  I love the crunchy texture, and I feel like I need less of it to  help satiate me compared to the creamy stuff.  

I took a dip of some peanut butter a while back and I almost gagged, it tasted way too sweet and artificial.  No going back for me.

Peanuts are quite a gut disrupter for me, I was quite surprised. I really don't miss it at all. Recipes which use PB are just as good or better with other nuts. Of the brands I get: cashew & macadamia are sweetest, macadamia is nice and oily, almond is the least oily. I love hazelnut and snatch up every jar I can scrounge :)

For anyone in the land Down Under, Melrose brand has lots of different nut butters, including macadamia and hazelnut butters.

Artisana makes a super-silky cashew butter (Melrose is more "crunchy" than "smooth").

Archived