Starting tomorrow November 9th

feistisnice78

Hi everyone

Newbie here, 35 and been in graduate school hell.  Pretty out of shape and unhealthy and its hard considering I used to be a dancer and personal trainer in my 20s. I'm hoping this will be a nice kickstart to a new way of eating and maybe doing some of the other physical things I used to do. Gonna start the 30 tomorrow! And looking forward to getting to know some folks here.

I officially started my Whole 30 today, although I actually followed the program yesterday also.  I've been following Paleo for about 2,5 years, initially with good success but the last year or so I became lax about dairy and sugar, and also have gotten into some unhealthy fats and I feel gross.  So time to start fresh and clean again.  I'm mostly concerned with giving up sugar and how I will feel the next 2-4 days; I've done it before and it can be rough.  That is why I started on a weekend!  Off for a walk and then to Whole Foods to stock up!

I'm lucky because I'm a graduate student and can't head home for the holidays. If I were, oh dear, plenty of bread, pumpkin pie, stuffing, mashed potatoes, basically everything would not be okay except for the actual turkey.

That being said, last year I made a paleo friendly thanksgiving for some other folks that were in town with moderate success. My turkey was awesome, my sweet potato mash was great, my strange brussel sprout salad was not so great. The weird gluten free pumpkin pie was also not so great. Given that the Whole 9 is more strict, I won't make any pie, but I might attempt the rest of the dishes and see who is up for it. Who knows, I might get some people who want to eat a healthy Thanksgiving. There are plenty of recipes on the web.

I'm starting today! So excited and know nothing but great things are going to come of this! I'm 41 and tired of weight yo-yo lack of energy, horrible sleepless nights and some minor health issues. I am looking forward to this life changing event!

Today has been good, planning is delinetly the key. I've been getting things ready for lunch and dinner for the week, it will make it so much more easy during the busy week.

Hi everyone!  I am starting today and so will join this group too.  I did a low carb day on Friday and Sat to try and ease myself in to the program (no idea if it will help or not but I am hoping!).  I have a husband and 2 girls (2 and 3 yrs) and am not going to be as strict with them but am hoping they will follow a lot of the plan as well.  

Archived