Avocado oil for mayo?

Vian

• Moderators

Hi there, hope someone can answer this : I live in Belgium, where we are used to make our own mayo.  It's one egg yolk, a bit of mustard (with no sugar), then salt and a neutral oil.  We just bought a bottle of a combination of 4 oils (rapeseed oil, sunflower oil, grape seed oil and coriander essential oil.  I love its taste, it tastes absolutely great with a salad and I would like to use it to fry as well.  Is this Whole 30 compatible?  (gosh, I do hope so!!!).   

Rapeseed oil is the same as canola oil, right? If so, here's the official stance on it from the Can I Have guide:

Canola Oil: Yes, reluctantly (because sometimes, you have to dine out)

While we don’t think vegetable oils are a healthy choice (understatement of the century), we don’t expressly rule them out on the Whole30. If we did, you’d never be able to eat outside of your own kitchen, because all restaurants use them in cooking. We wanted to create the healthiest program possible, but we also need it to be do-able for those who travel for business or pleasure, or simply want to dine out during the month.

Tip: Eliminate the consumption of vegetable oils at home, even if you’re not on the Whole30, and make sure the rest of your diet is focused on the most nutritious choices possible, especially if you dine out frequently.

• 2 years later...

Archived