Starting Tomorrow Nov 11th

ThomasE

Finished day 2 - even worked out!  Woke up this morning feeling insanely sluggish...but that's nothing new.  Looking forward to day 3!  So far my stomach is definitely agreeing with what I'm feeding it, and that makes me happy!  Quit my prescription pills last night!!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Start of Day 3....and I am feeling good!!   Tired, but normal still. I don't know if I have just been feeling so bad for so long that I don't know what feeling bad really feels like.   I was preparing myself for the worst because I was addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper.  I know usually when I come off caffeine I have raging headaches, but not this time.  I know it is stil early, but I am feeling like I made it acrossthe hurdle.  I have had nothing but water to drink since Monday night at 8pm:)  My meals for the 3 days are about the same. 

Breakfast:  sweet potato hash w/ground sausage and 2 eggs and a handful of grapes or a small apple

Lunch:  baked chicken breast w/ veggies (day 1 Broccoli, day 2 green beans, day 3 I have packed cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots) and a small apple

Dinner:  Baked salmon & cauliflower poppers (to die for!!) 

I did workout yesterday morning (35 mins on the elliptical

Keep up the good work everybody!!

Hi everyone!

Day 3 has so far been good - I was able to wake up at 5:15 for my workout and I still have a good energy level this afternoon. Maybe because it's my second time around that my transition to Tiger Blood may be quicker - who knows?

My only trouble is with snacking in the afternoons - I have my preWO snack at 5:15, postWO meal at 6:45, then breakfast from 8:45-9. I am then quite hungry for lunch at about 12:15, and then by 3pm I am slightly peckish. I do need to re-evaluate what it is - whether it's a craving, a habit or if I am actually hungry.

And unfortunately, at work, there aren't much in terms of healthy protein and fat options for a mini meal in the afternoon. And I don't want to bring more food because then I am just planning to snack. 

Here are my meals for today:

PreWO - hard boiled egg

Workout - Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Level 2 and 120sec plank (day 17 of plank challenge)

PostWO - grilled chicken and sweet potato 

M1 - primal breakfast casserole (grated parsnip, grated sweet potato, pork mince, green onion and egg), spinach, coffee with almond milk

M2 - salmon, sweet potato mash, sauteed kale, burnt broccoli, cashew nuts (14), banana

Snack - an apple

M3 (tonight) - quick mexican taco salad with avocado and romaine lettuce

I am sipping on some green tea right now so I should be okay until dinner.

Quick question - has anyone ever done TurboFire? I am getting a bit tired of Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 and want to try something different.

Sticking with it so far, but it's been hard at times! The peppermint bark keeps calling me...but then I remember how much I want to be fit again :) I'm also drinking less caffeine, which is something I know I really need to do. I've found I don't really need many carbs like I did the first few times. I think I was having problems with eating sweet potatoes at breakfast but then I'd have a carb crash later on. But if I didn't eat them I'd be really sluggish. So far I'm doing ok without many carbs though except from veggies!

What I'm usually eating is:

Breakfast

Salmon, cup of veggies in coconut oil (currently broccoli, onions, and mushrooms), beef broth

Lunch

Homecooked burger (grass fed I think), couple cups of veggies in coconut oil (sadly time is really limited lately so I'm eating frozen, organic veggies for lunch instead of fresh cooked ones like I did last time)

Supper

varies depending on what's going on at home. This is my hardest part because I'm often starving at supper but I don't usually have the time or means to cook a good meal, so I just don't eat much and then I'll snack later on (compliant, but still, would rather not snack). I'm not sure why I'm starving at supper though, because I really shouldn't be! Maybe I could add in some fruit and coconut milk at a meal, because I feel like I'm missing something somewhere.

Day 3: bison casserole for breakfast...5 by 5 workout completed...but forgot lunch. Could be a long 8 hours before I eat again...but I'll make it.  Feel pretty good so far.

I have tried so many different workouts I can't even give you a number...but not TurboFire.  I have been doing the Stronglifts 5 by 5 workout for past 3 months and definitely easiest to stick with for a longer term...for me.  Now it progressively gets harder and harder but it feels great to feel stronger.  Quick and simple. 

For motivation http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

I am definitely feeling the hangover of day 3...the fatigue is killing me!  I want to go home and take a nap :huh: I remember how I felt when I cut out gluten after my diagnoses...that was awful.  This isn't that bad, but I still am not feeling like I did 2 days ago!  I guess this is payback for all the junk I ate over the weekend, knowing I absolutely could NOT have those foods in my house!

Hello all,

Day 3 down - no trouble on the food, but I sure did want to sleep after lunch - I did manage to pick up for an afternoon meeting thankfully!

I'm meeting a friend for coffee / drink after work tomorrow - please let me have strength to resist any temptation!

Good luck to all on day 4!

Hi everyone!

Day 3 has so far been good - I was able to wake up at 5:15 for my workout and I still have a good energy level this afternoon. Maybe because it's my second time around that my transition to Tiger Blood may be quicker - who knows?

My only trouble is with snacking in the afternoons - I have my preWO snack at 5:15, postWO meal at 6:45, then breakfast from 8:45-9. I am then quite hungry for lunch at about 12:15, and then by 3pm I am slightly peckish. I do need to re-evaluate what it is - whether it's a craving, a habit or if I am actually hungry.

And unfortunately, at work, there aren't much in terms of healthy protein and fat options for a mini meal in the afternoon. And I don't want to bring more food because then I am just planning to snack.

Here are my meals for today:

PreWO - hard boiled egg

Workout - Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 Level 2 and 120sec plank (day 17 of plank challenge)

PostWO - grilled chicken and sweet potato

M1 - primal breakfast casserole (grated parsnip, grated sweet potato, pork mince, green onion and egg), spinach, coffee with almond milk

M2 - salmon, sweet potato mash, sauteed kale, burnt broccoli, cashew nuts (14), banana

Snack - an apple

M3 (tonight) - quick mexican taco salad with avocado and romaine lettuce

I am sipping on some green tea right now so I should be okay until dinner.

Quick question - has anyone ever done TurboFire? I am getting a bit tired of Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 and want to try something different.

Have you tried eating a bigger breakfast? Perhaps add a fat and more vegies?

I don't know the workouts at all sorry, can't give you any feedback on those! I have my own :)

Day 4 - and slept in so couldn't get my workout in this morning! So I will be doing it over the lunch hour.

It is now 1:07pm and I had breakfast just before 9am and I was happily satisfied until my preWO snack at 12 - no starving hunger pangs like yesterday. 

My M1 for today was:

- primal breakfast casserole

- spinach salad

- banana

- cashew nuts

- coffee with almond milk

I had my preWO snack of a hard boiled egg. I just finished 30 min on the elliptical and tried to do day 18 of the 30 day plank challenge (150sec) and only managed to do 60 sec so will try again tonight. 

PostWO meal is grilled chicken and baked sweet potato. Now back at my desk and will eat lunch in about 45-60 min.

M2 will be:

- grilled salmon and some grilled chicken (to up the protein)

- sweet potato mash

- sauteed kale

- burnt broccoli

- cashew nuts

I will not snack today!

M3 will be at about 7 which will be:

- leftover taco salad with homemade guacamole

I have my weekly mums knit group tonight (a group of mums who get together every Thursday night without kids to sit and knit, gossip and eat cake) where I will go and bring my almond milk and have some tea, no cake. 

Oh, and I purchased TurboFire last night off of amazon. Hope it arrives by next week so I can start the new 90 day programme. Eek!

Have a great day everyone!

Hello All! 

Day 4 is here.  So far so good!  Last night I was SO tired though.  I was in bed and asleep by 8:45pm and I slept until 5:45am.  My alarm was set for 4:30 so I could work out, but I couldn't drag myself out of bed. I picked up buffalo wild wings for my family last night....I could have sat in the car and eaten everything in the bag, but I didn't. I made a paleo burger and baked sweet potato fries.  I wasn't even hungry when I picked their food up, but just knowing that I couldn't have made me crave it even more!  Besides being tired, the only other effect that I am noticing is that my face is really breaking out.  I usually don't have breakouts, so this is new. 

Keep up the good work!

Ahhh day 4 is here...is this the day the hangover feeling goes away?!  I sure hope so!!  I did wake up feeling not as crappy as yesterday, so that's a start.  Starving already, I feel like I just keep getting hungrier with each day!  Strange feeling...

Doing ok still, but struggling to get in enough food. I'm one of those rare people who actually doesn't like eating, and even though I'm not counting calories, I've counted enough in the past to know I'm hitting the 2000 mark and still being hungry. It just freaks me out that I'm eating this much! Even though I did the last two times and still lost weight.

But the hardest part of this right now is not the eating, it's trying to incorporate the Whole 9 part. Life is super stressful and busy right now, so remembering to get enough sleep, take out the time for healthy movement (I usually go to a martial arts class twice a week but because of car troubles I've not made it at all, but I haven't worked out at home those days either), and getting in good socializing...just not happening that well, and I know those effect my health just as much as the food.

Encouraging to hear everyone is doing so well! Keep it up!

Day 5... And already a setback.

I made Paleo blueberry and lemon scones for a friend coming over today and it had about 1-2 tbsp of honey for the entire recipe (which made about 12 scones) and I had half a scone!!!!!

I feel terribly guilty about it now.

Help?!

Frankie - I'm with you!!  I added up the amount of food I was eating the other day...and quickly walked away, knowing that was not what I was supposed to worry about right now!  I unfortunately have always been a calorie counter, and each day I get through this, I find myself hungrier and hungrier.  I feel like such a pig with all this food I'm eating!!  BUT...I do feel better, so that makes me happy.

I also haven't had time to work out as much this week as I would have liked, and I hate that.  Some days I'd rather go ride my horses after work!!  And quite honestly, at least once this week, I just felt like being lazy.  Horrible, I know.  Hopefully next week is better for us both!

Day 5... And already a setback.

I made Paleo blueberry and lemon scones for a friend coming over today and it had about 1-2 tbsp of honey for the entire recipe (which made about 12 scones) and I had half a scone!!!!!

I feel terribly guilty about it now.

Help?!

Uh oh...we can't be perfect can we!!

Start of Day 3....and I am feeling good!!   Tired, but normal still. I don't know if I have just been feeling so bad for so long that I don't know what feeling bad really feels like.   I was preparing myself for the worst because I was addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper.  I know usually when I come off caffeine I have raging headaches, but not this time.  I know it is stil early, but I am feeling like I made it acrossthe hurdle.  I have had nothing but water to drink since Monday night at 8pm:)  My meals for the 3 days are about the same. 

Breakfast:  sweet potato hash w/ground sausage and 2 eggs and a handful of grapes or a small apple

Lunch:  baked chicken breast w/ veggies (day 1 Broccoli, day 2 green beans, day 3 I have packed cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots) and a small apple

Dinner:  Baked salmon & cauliflower poppers (to die for!!) 

I did workout yesterday morning (35 mins on the elliptical

Keep up the good work everybody!!

Any fat in there?  Nuts?  Avocado?  Coconut oil?  Just curious...as that is what has been recommended to me, and I know I'm not getting enough of it!

Whole30 Day 5

The day started well, with a workout of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred level 3 (thought I would do this in between Ripped in 30 level 2&3). I then baked some Paleo blueberry and lemon scones which had 1-2tbsp honey for the whole recipe (11 scones). And they were tempting me all day... And towards the end of the day, when I was starving and trying to appease a 2yr old who had been crying for about an hour straight, I fed her the scone and in the processed succumbed to the scone myself... Well, half of it. Is 1/8 or smaller tsp of honey going to affect me?! Bleh.

PreWO - hard boiled egg

PostWO - chicken and baked sweet potato

M1 - primal breakfast casserole and spinach

M2 - sirloin steak, salad, banana and cashew nuts

Snack - 1/2 Paleo lemon blueberry scone

M3 - pork chop, egg, sautéed kale, sweet potato hash, and cashew nuts

And my TurboFire has arrived! Well I pick it up tomorrow as the delivery guy didn't knock loudly enough for me to hear it... But can't wait to start it on Sunday!

Thanks Amberino! I was planning on adding a few days to the whole30 anyway to try and curb all the Christmas drinking and nibbling - day 31 there is actually a work Christmas drinks and nibbles so will be compliant then. I will stick to sparkling water with lemon and lime, and avoid the nibbles unless they are compliant.

Day 6 is going well so far. Energy is actually good.

I forgot to mention I had a food dream the other night - I dreamed my husband served me sandwiches and that I completely didn't notice and I ate them! I got so mad at him and at myself... And then I woke up. :)

Have a great day everyone!

Whole30 Day 6

So, after the tiny disaster of the honey in the Paleo scone yesterday, today was a new day... I find it funny that I can eat eggs fried, over easy, soft or hard boiled and scrambled but I don't like omelettes. Is that weird?

So excited to do the first day of #turbofire tomorrow!

Tomorrow is also meal prep day and plans to go to church and Westfield and Southbank. Hmm... M1 - egg, two pieces bacon, sautéed kale and sweet potato chips

M2 - my amazing tuna avocado salad with soft boiled eggs, banana and cashew nuts

Snack - dried strawberries and cashew nuts

M3 - pork chop seasoned with garlic and rosemary, sautéed kale and sweet potato chips, cashew nuts and dried strawberries

Have a great weekend everyone!

Whole30 Day 6

So, after the tiny disaster of the honey in the Paleo scone yesterday, today was a new day... I find it funny that I can eat eggs fried, over easy, soft or hard boiled and scrambled but I don't like omelettes. Is that weird?

So excited to do the first day of #turbofire tomorrow!

Tomorrow is also meal prep day and plans to go to church and Westfield and Southbank. Hmm... M1 - egg, two pieces bacon, sautéed kale and sweet potato chips

M2 - my amazing tuna avocado salad with soft boiled eggs, banana and cashew nuts

Snack - dried strawberries and cashew nuts

M3 - pork chop seasoned with garlic and rosemary, sautéed kale and sweet potato chips, cashew nuts and dried strawberries

Have a great weekend everyone!

Not weird on the egg thing - I never used to like anything but fried eggs :) love any eggs now though!

I hope you had more than one egg for breakfast - remember a serve is as many as you can hold, and the bacon really counts as your fat.

If you need to snack, make it a mini meal of protein, fat and vegies instead of fruit and nuts. Reconsider your portion sizes too - it's likely you're not eating enough at meals.

Archived