Starting Tomorrow Nov 11th

ThomasE

Did you add any fat to meal 2?

a HB egg preWO is easy to grab, and putting down some chicken and sweet potato on the way home in the car (presuming you drive) isn't difficult - i'd have mine in bite sized pieces and just get them in! bake the chicken breast and sweet potato without fat as you don't want any in your postWO meal.

Amberino - when you first suggested this to me a couple of months ago, it is now my staple pre and post WO as I can get these prepped on Sunday, take it out when I wake up at 5:15, and after I've eaten my egg, get my sweet potato ready for the oven then do my workout. So simple.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot believe that it is already day 10! Day 9 went really well!

M1:  2 scrambled eggs, ham, leftover cauliflower mash(made with ghee) and broccoli

M2:  baked chicken, spinach, grapes

M3:  spaghetti squash (made with ghee), tomato sauce, mushrooms, and spices.....DELICIOUS!!  first time eating spaghetti squash.  i used a recipe from nomnom paleo where you cook it in the microwave....super easy and delicious. 

I am having trouble with pre/post workout meals.  I find it difficult to eat while running out the door at 4:45am so I can at least get a good workout in (before the challenge I would eat a peanut butter protein bar).  To find time between the workout and getting to work on time to have a post workout meal, and fix a breakfast is just not feasible with my routine...I barely make it to work on time and get my son ready for school as it is.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.  I have found that by doing this challenge, I am trying things that I would have never tried before!!  I have always been a very picky eater and only eat things that are very basic.

I agree with Amberino - you do need more fats or a more carb-dense veggies. I'm in love with sweet potato and maybe use it too much but I have it with at least 1-2 of my meals per day. 

Different fat options:

- avocado, olives, coconut (milk/shavings), nuts (I love cashew nuts)

I forgot to add - I do lot of prep on the weekend and also prep my breakfast which is a casserole of grated parsnip, grated sweet potato, sliced green onions, cooked pork mince, 4 eggs and season. Mix together and put into baking tray and into 350F oven for 40 min, then cover with foil and bake for another 20-25. This gives me four servings and I normally eat it with a spinach salad. Easy! Or you could add spinach to the casserole itself and make muffins so it's easy to eat in the car.

Day 10 (20 N0v)

I did manage to exercise today and it felt great! Loved the HIIT workout in TurboFire! I am also noticing my energy is quite consistent throughout the day which is good!

PreWO - hard boiled egg
PostWO - chicken and sweet potato chips
M1 - breakfast casserole and spinach salad with coffee with almond milk
M2 - grilled salmon, sweet potato mash, sautéed kale and burnt broccoli, banana and cashew nuts
M3 - prosciutto wrapped chicken stuffed with spinach and artichoke, sautéed kale, cashew nuts and dried fruit

971391_10100288983996755_2114577246_n.jp

Day 11 - up at 5am this morning for my TurboFire workout - Fire 30 + Stretch 10. I felt great during and afterwards. While I am not the most coordinated of people, I feel like I am getting the  most out of this workout.

Tonight is a challenge as I am hosting the weekly knit night with a group of mums. I am actually baking a completely non-compliant cake so I KNOW I can't have any of it and therefore won't have any. 

I struggled in my first whole30 over a month ago when I encountered cake on day 14 - but I feel better prepared for it today. I wondered whether to make a SWYPO Paleo cake but I thought that would be too tempting, knowing that there were compliant ingredients in there. For me, better to know I can't have it at all and therefore I need to stay away from it.

Good morning Day 11!!!  Things are going good.  Wednesdays are my rest days from exercising because I have to be at work by 6:45am. 

Meal 1:  scrambled eggs, spinach, 2 sausage patties, apple w/ almond butter( 1st time with almond butter....different but I am getting used to it.  Makes me miss the sweetness of peanut butter :) ). 

M2:  Leftover spaghetti squash( cooked with ghee) with tomato sauce, mushrooms,  spinach

M3:  Hamburger with grilled mushrooms in lettuce wrap; sweet potato chunks( diced and cooked in ghee w/ cinnamon and red pepper)DELICIOUS, mashed cauliflower

Today I woke up at 4:35 for my workout...I ate 1/2 baked chicken breast in the car on the way to the gym, ran 3 miles on the treadmill, and ate the other 1/2 and steamed broccoli as post workout at 6am.  I don't like hard boiled eggs....I am trying to learn to love them, but I gag everytime I try to eat them.  Baked Chicken seems to be the best protein for pre/post workout to finish out the week.  I plan to make a breakfast bake over the weekend so I can grab a piece on the way out the door and another piece post workout. 

Good morning Day 11!!!  Things are going good.  Wednesdays are my rest days from exercising because I have to be at work by 6:45am. 

Meal 1:  scrambled eggs, spinach, 2 sausage patties, apple w/ almond butter( 1st time with almond butter....different but I am getting used to it.  Makes me miss the sweetness of peanut butter :) ). 

M2:  Leftover spaghetti squash( cooked with ghee) with tomato sauce, mushrooms,  spinach

M3:  Hamburger with grilled mushrooms in lettuce wrap; sweet potato chunks( diced and cooked in ghee w/ cinnamon and red pepper)DELICIOUS, mashed cauliflower

Today I woke up at 4:35 for my workout...I ate 1/2 baked chicken breast in the car on the way to the gym, ran 3 miles on the treadmill, and ate the other 1/2 and steamed broccoli as post workout at 6am.  I don't like hard boiled eggs....I am trying to learn to love them, but I gag everytime I try to eat them.  Baked Chicken seems to be the best protein for pre/post workout to finish out the week.  I plan to make a breakfast bake over the weekend so I can grab a piece on the way out the door and another piece post workout. 

Good for you for waking up so early and having the pre and post WO meals. However, make sure you have some carb-dense vegetables like sweet potatoes, butternut squash, pumpkin, etc. after your workout. Do follow the meal planning template found here http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Deb, did you include any vegetables with your day 11 breakfast?

A breakfast bake can't really be appropriate for both pre and postWO as the meal requirements are different. PreWO should be protein and fat, postWO should be a meal sized portion of lean protein and starchy vegie carbs with little to no fat.

Have a small piece of chicken with some mayo, or avo, or nut butter for preWO, then a bigger portion of chicken and some sweet potato (or butternut, beetroot, carrot, pumpkin etc) cooked without fat for your postWO.

Deb, did you include any vegetables with your day 11 breakfast?

A breakfast bake can't really be appropriate for both pre and postWO as the meal requirements are different. PreWO should be protein and fat, postWO should be a meal sized portion of lean protein and starchy vegie carbs with little to no fat.

Have a small piece of chicken with some mayo, or avo, or nut butter for preWO, then a bigger portion of chicken and some sweet potato (or butternut, beetroot, carrot, pumpkin etc) cooked without fat for your postWO.

I did have eggs, broccoli, ham, apple w/almond butter for breakfast this morning. 

Maybe if I didn't have to be at work by 7...getting up early to workout would be easier!!  No time after work for it, the days are just too short!  Day 11...this is great, I've been sick for so many years, I love feeling normal!  Who knew this would be the key to my body functioning the way it's supposed to!!!!

Alright, so I'm knowingly going to go off Whole30, but just by a little. I can tell that I'm getting sick with something, and a friend has mono and I'm starting to suspect that's what I'm getting. Which means lots of hot herbal teas are in my future, as well as raw honey, because it's great at getting you better. But it's not Whole30. I'm still going to stick with everything else Whole30, and thankfully I don't actually like honey so it's not a trigger food for me. And it's raw, with all it's polleny goodness in it. And I'm going to do my best to control my usage of it since I tend to go a little overboard, just for the sake of my throat. I'm going to make up a bunch of broth tonight though so that'll be my go-to instead of honey!

Whole30 Day 11

I woke up at 5am to do the TurboFire Fire30+Stretch10 workout and I am getting the choreography and loving the workout!

The day went well overall... Until I started baking for knit group. Eeeeek! I was baking a cake today knowing that because it is completely non compliant I would not have it. If I made something Paleo I would have been more tempted thinking, "It's only honey..." As I was making it, I tasted the dough to make sure it was okay... And then realised after what I had done!!!! And the tiny amount of butter, milk, flour, sugar set a off a rumble in my tummy that was not pleasant. Ugh.

Can't believe I did that!

PreWO - hard boiled egg

PostWO - chicken and sweet potato fries

M1 - primal breakfast casserole, spinach salad, coffee with almond milk

M2 - salmon, sweet potato mash, sautéed kale, burnt broccoli, cashews, banana and dried fruit

M3 - grilled sea bass, burnt broccoli, sweet potato fries and cashews

Bleh.

Sooooo...for those of us celebrating Thanksgiving next week - what's on the menu?!  I'm cooking, and having a hard time deciding what I want to serve!  It's only for a few of us, and they know I'm on the Whole30, so there's no real pressure thank goodness!

Happy Day 12!  I did not go to the gym today because I was tired, and my work out partner texted that she wasn't going.  I took the extra hour of sleep.  This week has been CRAZY busy.  Day 11 was a good day.  I am feeling better every day and I don't even crave the things I used to love (like diet dr. pepper with meals).  my food yesterday was

Pre W/O- half of baked chicken

Post W/O- half of baked chicken & broccoli

M1:  2 scrambled eggs, ham, broccoli, apple with almond butter

M2:  grilled chicken salad; handful of pistachios

M3:  baked salmon; sweet potato cubes (cooked in ghee, cinnamon, and a little cayenne pepper).  Having a hard time knowing the weekend is approaching.  Going to find lots of activities to keep myself busy.  Last weekend was a little tough because we were home on Saturday with nothing to do....Hope everyone has a great weekend. 

Successfully made it through a holiday party last night without drinking wine, mimosas, or eating all the good food that was offered!  I'm the ONLY one who didn't indulge, but that's ok :)  Stomach ache this morning...not sure what that's all about?  Looking forward to the weekend!!!

Luvrdeo - great job for resisting !!

Day 12

Great early start to the day with a TurboFire Fire55 workout! I feel a bit out of shape with these but my fitness will get better.

My snacking still needs to be worked on. :(

PreWO - hard boiled egg

PostWO - grilled chicken and sweet potato chips

M1 - primal breakfast casserole and spinach salad, coffee with almond milk

M2 - chicken stuffed with artichoke and spinach wrapped in prosciutto, sweet potato mash, burnt broccoli, banana

Snack - cashew nuts, dried strawberries

M3 - courgette noodles with spinach and artichoke and prawns - delicious!

Although had a few stomach pains after dinner... Not sure why.

Hi everyone!  I started on 11/11/13.  Someone found me in another thread, and invited me here.  I am doing ok.  My primary goal is to decrease inflammation in my body, but I also, really want to lose weight.  I had tried Whole 30 a few weeks ago, but blew it on vacation (wine).  I have lost a couple pounds (maybe 3), was hoping to lose more.  My work-outs are not intense right now (I have a herniated disk that's giving me some trouble), so I'm going to start walking an hour a day.  My concern is that I may be eating too much, specifically too much fat (should I worry about this?).  I am starting to crave foods also, sometimes sweets (I am typically not a desert eater), and sometimes steak (Im typically not a red meet eater, but have been enjoying it lately). 

Do you guys use coconut flakes?  How do you use them in a recipe?   OK, it seems like you are all on day 2, I'm on day 12, am I in the wrong place again?  ha 

Debwa you are in the right place!

Day 13 today - and I have got a terrible headache and getting some horrible cramps. Maybe because it is my time of the month. :)

How is everyone's weekend going?

I am stuck indoors as my 2yr old has a horrible cold and cough so can easily plan my meals.

Will post menu later.

Hi everyone!  I started on 11/11/13.  Someone found me in another thread, and invited me here.  I am doing ok.  My primary goal is to decrease inflammation in my body, but I also, really want to lose weight.  I had tried Whole 30 a few weeks ago, but blew it on vacation (wine).  I have lost a couple pounds (maybe 3), was hoping to lose more.  My work-outs are not intense right now (I have a herniated disk that's giving me some trouble), so I'm going to start walking an hour a day.  My concern is that I may be eating too much, specifically too much fat (should I worry about this?).  I am starting to crave foods also, sometimes sweets (I am typically not a desert eater), and sometimes steak (Im typically not a red meet eater, but have been enjoying it lately). 

Do you guys use coconut flakes?  How do you use them in a recipe?   OK, it seems like you are all on day 2, I'm on day 12, am I in the wrong place again?  ha 

Hi Debwa,

You are in the right place!  Welcome.  I have been craving red meat too.  I think it is because I have been eating so much chicken.  I do not use coconut flakes, but maybe someone else in our group has used them.  I am interested in learning more about them too. 

• Thanks everyone!  Looking for some good recipes.  What is the primal breakfast casserole Karyna?  Sounds good.  I ususally do some kind of omlette, egg dish for meal 1.  Meal two can be tuna with avocado (with cilantro, lime and onion) over a bed of greens (I'm on an arugula kick).  And Meal 3 varies as well, steak with sweet potato and brussel sprouts, chicken with tomato sauce and spaghetti squash.  Always a lot of veggies.  Loving sweet potato's and ghee, yum.  I also really like those ground meat recipes that are listed in "It' starts with food".   

I'm concerned about the working out.  I'm doing a lot of yoga, because my back is a problem right now.  My goal is to walk an hour today.  I tried kickboxing the other night and it flared my back up.  Seeing the doc Tuesday. 

Hi everyone!

Missed posting yesterday!

Day 13

I woke up quite tired and with a bit of a headache today so I was not up to working out so early... Plus with Robyn being sick with a cough and cold, she requires some extra attention today. However, when she was lying down and watching a movie and resting, I did find the time to do Fire30+Stretch10 from TurboFire. Yay!

M1 - courgette fritters, bacon and coffee with almond milk

PreWO - soft boiled egg

M2 - tuna avocado salad, two soft boiled eggs, cashews and a banana

M3 - Italian Eggplant Strata from @melicious11 #WellFed cookbook with sautéed kale, cashew nuts and dried strawberries

The Italian Eggplant Strata was delicious and I found not too difficult to make. Robyn liked it but she preferred hers with Greek yoghurt. :)

Debwa - the primal breakfast casserole is so easy. Cook 1lb pork mince. Set aside. Peel and grate 2 parsnips and peel and grate 1 sweet potato. Combine pork mince with sweet potato and parsnip. Add sliced green onions and 4 eggs. Mix and season with salt and pepper. Put into a lined and greased baking dish and into a 350F oven for 45min. Then cover with foil and put in oven for another 20 min. Serves 4. :)

Day 14 - two weeks in and I remember this point in my first whole30 a couple of months ago, at a birthday party, wanting to rip my hair out for a piece of birthday cake. Could not be any more different to today. Stayed indoors as my daughter is sick, so I was able to plan and do some meal prep. I also did day 7 of week 1 of TurboFire which was Core20+Stretch40 which was a relaxing workout compared to the high impact of the rest of the week.

M1 - two eggs, bacon, sweet potato chips, burnt broccoli

M2 - courgette noodles with shrimp and spinach artichoke sauce, banana, cashew nuts

M3 - slow cooker pulled pork, sautéed kale, sweet potato chips, cashew nuts

How is everyone else doing?

Day 13 : I woke up not as early and ran 6 miles outside.  It was warm here (NC) on Saturday, but the wind was blowing.  We had Thanksgiving and football watching with friends that afternoon.  I went prepared....I made my own sweet potato cubes which I have obviously become addicted to.  But the homemade chocolate chess pie still made my mouth water. I nibbled an extra serving of green beans for my desert while everyone else was enjoying the pie.

Pre W/O- grilled chicken

Post W/O- grilled chicken

M1- 2 eggs scrambled; spinach; banana

M2- grilled chicken; sweet potato cubes; green beans

M3- baked salmon; sweet potato cubes; spinach

Day 14:  Slept late-shopping for the week ahead- and a 6 year old birthday party

M1- 2 eggs scrambled; 2 sausage patties; broccoli; sweet potato cubes

M2- hamburger

M3- steamed shrimp; mushrooms; sweet potato cubes; broccoli

There are still temptations, but it is much easier for me to get past them now.  Today marks 1/2 way!!!  Keep up the great work!

I put coconut flakes on top of a banana with melted almond butter....my favorite "treat"!!!!

Are we about halfway now?!  So easy this is!!!  I do hate being restricted at times, but this is by no means as hard as I thought it might be.  I will miss my glass of wine with Thanksgiving dinner...but that will come :)  Week 3...here we come!!!

Archived