School Ball in middle of my whole30 - help!

Kate File

I am planning my whole 30 for after my family ski trip, but I just realized we have our school fund raising ball on day 20. It includes a 3 course dinner which of course will be non compliant. Do I just do the best I can? Just eat the meat and veggies. No dessert of course. No alcohol. I don't want to start again and lose 20 days, and I don't want to delay my start for another 20 days.

Try to make contact with the caterers prior to the event. I went to a ball when I first went gluten-free and the caterers were very accommodating even to my partner who was observing lent and didn't eat meat on a Friday but didn't want the veg option.

Make sure you eat before you go or keep snacks in your purse just in case. You will have a lovely time regardless. I love to dress up for formal events. I tend to eat differently when I am dressed up anyway

Kate, where do you live? I'm in New Hampshire and it was funny to read that your family is going on a ski trip in July! And that you are back in school! Yuck! :)

I actually brought some easy to pack protein with me to an event (not as fancy as a school ball, mind you), just in case. I put it in an insulated lunch box and had it just in case I needed it. I like the idea about contacting the catering company ahead of time though-that is a super idea! With a few weddings in our future, I'll keep that in mind!

Good luck-and enjoy your ski trip! Hopefully, you all have some snow wherever you are! We had a lousy, almost snowless winter!

Colleen

Archived