Over eating/ eating when not hungry

rozamu

I don't know what info you need or even if I can explain this, but here goes:

Today is day 22 and I don't feel like I've made whole lot of progress. I don't have a problem eating the eight things. It seems I can find anything to eat until it's gone! This leads me to eating past the point of fullness and I don't know how to know when to stop. Every time I try, I always end up hungry within 30-45 minutes after eating. I just feel like I'm eating so much and can't stop. Any advice?

That is supposed to be right foods, oops!

Yesterday:

Breakfast: 1/3 roasted chicken, 1/4C blueberries, 1T coconut oil, 1C green beans, 1.5C broccoli, 1 lg carrot, 1t hemp seeds, 1C coconut water.

Lunch: none wasn't hungry

Dinner: 2C sugar snap pea, carrot, onion, mushroom mix, 1T coconut oil, 1/4 roasted chicken, 1T homemade mayo, 1C bone broth, 1C bone broth.

Today:

Breakfast- 1/4 onion, 1/4C cranberries, 1C green beans, 2 chicken drumsticks, 1T homemade mayo, 1T coconut oil, 1 avocado, 1 can sardines, 1.5C pumpkin.

Lunch- 1/8 roasted chicken, 1T EVOO, 2C green bean, wax bean, carrot mix.

Dinner- 2C stew with beef, carrots, celery, onions, & bone broth. 1/2 can full fat coconut milk, 4T coconut butter, 1C pumpkin, & a large apple.

Thank you!

That looks completely normal to me, except - Eat more lunch. I find if I haven't eaten heartily during the day I just can't stop after dinner. If I eat a proper breakfast and lunch then a lighter dinner is usually ok and I don't feel that unending urge to just have a little bit more.  :)

I'm wondering if you plate all that food, and sit down to eat mindfully....or is it more of a buffet? Up and down, grazing on bits and pieces? If it's the latter, I'd suggest changing your eating habits - chewing your food, eating slowly and mindfully may help you get the fullness signal.

Your meals don't sound excessive, some have more fat, some less...

You seem to have a good appetite, perhaps stick to the upper limit of the template for fat and protein at every meal, along with 2-3 cups of vegies and see how you go?

Thanks everyone! I usually just make up whatever when it's time to eat. Starting today I will go with the template and see how that works. I also have been really bad about just eating while sitting on the couch and maybe watching TV . . . oops! . . . but that stops today! I live alone so that can be kind of boring. My Whole30 is definitely going to be longer than 30 days! Thanks again!

Archived