Started the 6th of November

tdugmen

Hi to everyone!

This would be actually my second Whole 30, did my first on may and really enjoyed it, but wasn't able to reintroduce properly, mostly because of holidays (I just had to try everything...). This time I'm up for doing it to the end and finally discover what's making me feel blergh after some meals.

Things about me... I've been mostly primal for a bit more than a year, but I've been baking of late... and when I bake, I have to try... (well, you know how it goes when you just start going off track). I'm 32, normal weight, quite tall. Spanish, but living in Germany (for the last 3 years).

I'm comitted to finish this second Whole 9 and do a proper reintro... we'll see afterwards if I will continue like this or add dairy or what.

Well, this is me, in a (rather big) nutshell!

Oh, I'm also shy, so writing about me like this is kind of a big deal.

Welcome tdugmen!  Is today your first day of your 2nd Whole 30 or have you been at it a few days now?  I'm extroverted, but not normally a "forum person" and even though I've been moderated a bunch (for innocent things like figuring the program out), I'm still striving to find support here:-)  I'll take anything to give me a higher likelihood of success:-)  I'm blogging about the experience over at: http://runningafterbabiez.blogspot.com.  I'm not perfect, but I'm giving it all I've got!!

Hi Ghorke! I'm on day 6 (already finishing it here in Europe!) of my second whole 30. I've looked around your blog a bit and wow, you run! All my admiration goes to you, lady :)

I hope you'll find support, that's why we all should be here for, after all!

Yay for you!!  How are things going for you today?  (I'm Gina BTW).  Another day in the bag for me; this way of eating is becoming my new normal.  I'm having a tough time finding coconut milk (without the additives) and have yet to find unsweetened coconut flakes...why does the food industry insist on adding sugar to everything?  Besides addicting us all....other than that staying on track & trying new things!

My day (s) has been ok so far! I have loads of problems with breakfast, though... we spaniards are not used to big breakfasts (specially not big cooked breakfasts) but I'm starting to manage. I know what you mean about the added sugar... I've given up on a bunch of stuff because of it (why is there sugar in some sausages? why is there soy in my tuna!?... you know, the usual stuff). Also, I miss fruit. A lot. I still have one or two pieces a day, but I have to admit I used to eat it mindlessly through my mornings at work.

On the bright side, I'm cooking everything from scratch and my tomato sauce is improving a hell of a lot (and my boyfriend has failed to notice that the stew's gravy was thickened with sweet potato instead of flour)

Now I only need to improve my workouts... how do you start moving when you are the laziest thing ever?

Oh, and I'm Tris!

Morning Tris!  If you're not currently in a workout regimen, they say getting adequate sleep is the first priority...that & eating right of course!  I have put that on the back burner until my littlest is completely sleep trained (instead of us getting up 3-4x's/night), as I just don't have the energy for it lately.  That's one of the big benefits that I'm looking for though and hoping (now on day 10!) it comes soon, but am unsure if it can if I'm not getting adequate sleep, which is out of my control with the littles (I go to bed right after them!).  

I also wasn't used to the big (cooked) breakfasts and am making strides in this area.  Awesome that he didn't notice your healthier substitution!  Check out Sonja's blog: http://gosonjafood.wordpress.com for more inspiration; girl is an IRON (wo)MAN & is competing THIS WEEKEND while on Whole 30!  She's crazy cool & sticks to her plan amazingly well despite her current challenges.

Another successful day for you?

Just a couple of lines today: I got the flu and I have barely been able to sleep (let alone eat!). But I'm managing, kind of :)

I don't have kids, but I can imagine how tought the first months are (I'm 15 years older than my sister and both my parents used to work shifts, so I had to be in charge from time to time back then). I hope you'll manage to get your sleep back at some point!

I'll keep fighting this viruses! I hope your days have been good!

Hey Tris!  Did you kick the flu to the curb yet?  Hopefully after we adopt this lifestyle there'll be less sickness in general since our immune system shouldn't be compromised!  Hope you're feeling better!  Still going strong over here & feel energized after lunch today, rather than in a food coma;-)  Have a great day!!

Archived