Am I eating too much??

I am worried that I am eating too much!  Can some folks chime in and let me know some thoughts?

Here is what I have eaten today.

Breakfast

3 eggs scrambled with peppers & onion in coconut oil, spaghetti squash with coconut oil, and 1/4 of an avocado.

Lunch

Chicken breast, hard boiled egg, sweet potato with coconut oil, spaghetti squash with coconut oil, and 1/4 avocado.

I am on day 8. I was not eating this much before I started this so I think I am freaking myself out.

Thanks!

I am worried that I am eating too much!  Can some folks chime in and let me know some thoughts?

Here is what I have eaten today.

Breakfast

3 eggs scrambled with peppers & onion in coconut oil, spaghetti squash with coconut oil, and 1/4 of an avocado.

Lunch

Chicken breast, hard boiled egg, sweet potato with coconut oil, spaghetti squash with coconut oil, and 1/4 avocado.

I am on day 8. I was not eating this much before I started this so I think I am freaking myself out.

Thanks!

No, that looks fine - just as long as you are following the Whole30 Meal Template! Make sure you are getting in some other veggies besides the starchy ones (at least 2-3 cups of veggies per meal is recommended).

Don't get too hung up on the portion sizes.  They are only rough estimates.

Just think about it this way - do you think people from the middle ages, or people that lived B.C weighed and measured their food like we have been taught to do today?  I think not.

Relax - if your energy levels are good, and you are feeling full (not stuffed) for 4-5 hours after your meal, you are doing well.  So far your meals look good.

I also find I do better with a larger breakfast and lunch, and dinner can be a smaller portion (provided that you are not hungry later).  Don't be scared to play around with things and find what works best for you.  I discovered that I do better with a good balance of starchy veg and green veg.  So I try to have a bit of both with each meal.  I also do better with more than a thumb sized measurement of fat.  So have fun and play arount with it.

I think you are a little short of veggies, so I would say to eat more. I am tiny and I eat meals out of mixing bowls. And I am far from an exercise fiend. We just need to eat a whole lot more than women are "allowed" to eat in our culture.

Eat up!

Archived