Learning/starting over/questions

rozamu

Today was day 23 of my first Whole30. Found out today that the coconut cream I'd been eating was SO not compliant (IDK why I never read the label). I now know why I always felt so crappy the day after eating it. This also makes me wonder if the lite coconut milk of the same brand is trustworthy even if it only says coconut milk & water.

I just started using the meal template today (I know, bad); I thought for some reason it didn't apply to me and I could just wing it. Wrong. I also started out with counting calories and still trying to reach my goal cals for the day. No more counting cals! Eat when I'm hungry and stop when I am full. No mindless eating either. I will actually sit down at the table and eat my meal; no TV, cell phone, or book! I even figured out how/where to do this for lunch at work.

Even with doing things wrong I have still learned about my body. I now know that foods without brakes for me include: bananas, dates, sunflower seed butter, & coconut cream. This time around those items will only be used IN recipes/meals. Never on their own and not as a dip for fruit either. Also, no canned pumpkin with coconut cream and cinnamon-recreation attempt of dessert there.

I haven't felt the greatest today; probably due to binging last night and that coconut cream (I did eat 1/2 a can of it). Tomorrow I am restarting my whole 30. And this time around I'll get it right! :)

Do I eat a pre workout meal no matter the workout? I go to a hand weights/body weights class 2x a week, yoga 1-2x a week and usually a good 5+ mile hike with lots of uphill.

Thanks for reading! I'm really enjoying the forums :)

Well done for realising that whilst you may have been eating compliant foods, you weren't quite following other elements of the whole 30 that will also determine your outcome...you will have learnt a lot, and had a number of days eating (mostly) compliant food so at least you've been putting pretty healthy food in to you :)

In regards to WO meals - postWO is more important IMO. Experiment with preWO - you may find it's not necessary, depending on exercise type or when you last ate etc

I think we were talking about it elsewhere, but I'd be weary of the restricting/ counting as the reason for binges. When we feel deprived we go crazy!!! Get really full and satiated at mealtime with protein and fat and the craving should slough off.

Also dunno about you, but one thing this has taught me is that when I'm tired, I get insatiable, and often crave sugar. I've learned it's better to take a nap and reassess. Goodluck! Keep us posted!

Tallulah-thank you! :)

Faulknerhorn-I totally agree with that! I'm trying hard to remind myself not to mentally count the cals of what I ate. Every time I start I just have to keep telling myself NO.

Today was day 1 and, dare I say, I think it went very well! I did see in another post I need to add more fat/not count the oil used for cooking. Sitting down with what I served for each meal and focusing on my food was great! I actually stopped eating before I finished my food (at every meal) because I was too full to continue. No snacks and I had my pre and post workout meals.

All in all a good day! :) On to day 2 tomorrow!

Archived