starting november 14

Claire15

Im enjoying trying new things for breakfasts and just the different kind of things I wouldnt havent considered before. Ive realised that nuts dont really do me any favors. For breakfasts Im frying up some bacon, adding squash to soak up the fat (I know, still working on adding good fats)... sweet potato, celeraic (dont know what they call it in america). The celeriac was amazing grated and sauted with the bacon. A.Mazing...

Im adding egg, cabbage, spinach, chicken, zucchini, squash. I plan on picking up some parsnips, more sweet potato, and some other good stuff. Im feeling much better today but Im cutting out nuts, they just dont agree with me.

So, good day so far.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im enjoying trying new things for breakfasts and just the different kind of things I wouldnt havent considered before. Ive realised that nuts dont really do me any favors. For breakfasts Im frying up some bacon, adding squash to soak up the fat (I know, still working on adding good fats)... sweet potato, celeraic (dont know what they call it in america). The celeriac was amazing grated and sauted with the bacon. A.Mazing...

Im adding egg, cabbage, spinach, chicken, zucchini, squash. I plan on picking up some parsnips, more sweet potato, and some other good stuff. Im feeling much better today but Im cutting out nuts, they just dont agree with me.

So, good day so far.

Your breakfast was good on the fat - bacon is considered a fat during your whole 30 and should be used as more of a condiment :)

I thought I posted yesterday but I think I accidentally closed the page down before hitting submit...

Im doing pretty good. I understand the protocol and the reasons behind it, I am not always able to stick to spacing the meals appropriately, but Im considering this a sort of practice W30 run before I make the massive changes in January... Saying that, Im doing well...

Yesterday Brekkie was Pork Chops with sauteed cabbage, acorn squash, avocado

Lunch was Pork Chop fat and breakfast leftovers.

I ate lunch pretty late so I wasnt very hungry in the evening. I have a feeling the additional fat Ive had with the pork/bacon might be whats keeping me satisfied. That said, my belly feels a little bit icky digesting it. (I have colitis). It may just be a case of getting used to it. Also, the salt from the bacon has me really thirsty. Im not adding salt to my dishes, its just from the bacon. Ill be picking up some better quality bacon from butchers today... hopefully.

How is everyone?

I am ok but not following W30 for the past couple of days. Hubby was at the hospital for tests this week following the chest pains last week. Total all clear from the consultant and the pains have to be put down as just one of those things. Obviously if it happens again they will do more in depth tests but at the moment we are fine. He did a treadmill test yesterday and the nurses told him he is the first person they know of to complete the 15 minute programme!! It's a progressive set of inclines and speeds and he said he was dripping with sweat at the end but his heart was fine. Thank God for that. 

So - having managed nine days of compliance while we worried and waited I totally fell of whatever wagon I was on and the past two days have been dreadful with way too much sugar and wheat and dairy. I feel awful! So I shall be back on track soon - probably later today. 

I am so pleased I found W30 as I love the way I feel when I follow the rules. I know deep down that I shall never be totally compliant but love the fact that even 5 days out of 7 makes me feel so much better than ever before. 

Sorry for the ramble - but I am in a happy place right now, now that I know my lovely husband is ok xx

Ok, I had a bad day yesterday. I was home with my daughter, she was baking brownies, with chocolate chunks. I ate some. One thing I did notice was that the chocolate was SO sweet it was almost sickly. I used to be able to eat one of those big bars in one sitting, but a couple of chunks was so sweet, it wasnt even very nice. I noticed how it made me feel and demanded that she hide the rest of the brownies. She locked them in a drawer in her room. Im kind of considering this a W30 practice run anyway. Im taking it seriously but looking out for weaknesses, learning about my body and its needs etc.

Something I started to notice just before this slip up was that with my fat intake up I wasnt as hungry in between meals. This is my pms week and they are usually brutal with cravings, sugar and carbs, and mood swings, Im more aware of whats going on. I also have a nasty cold coming on. Its been going around my family and its my turn. My head is starting to ache. I got some prep done yesterday but I dont feel like throwing stuff together. Im going to think about soups. I have some sweet potato, carrot and swede in there. Ill throw some stuff together, add some chicken and maybe some bacon. That'll be something new for me. Ive enjoyed the meals Ive thrown together. I just find myself shallow frying stuff and thats kind of messy. Ill try the soup today.

Back on track today. So far Breakfast was Bacon, sweet potato and chicken with a bit of veg. Im not feeling well at all today. Ive got some kind of virus so Im taking it easy. Not sure what lunch will be but Ive not got a massive appetite anyway, so...

How's everyone else doing?

Hello!

I love SharonFs take on this being a long term Whole30 and not just 30 days. I've been doing fairly well but have been in a few non-compliant situations. I'm looking at the day and overall I'm making great choices. I feel really good. I'm eating plenty of fat with each meal along with protien and vege's. Barely any fruit. It's been so odd to see my giant bag of frozen blueberries just hang out in the freezer. I think I've had some maybe once a week.

I also started a pilates class last night. Really enjoyed working every muscle. I have a herniated disc so I feel a bit on the outskirts with excercise because I am limited. I would love to crossfit but would be in a wheelchair!!

Today I plan to go for a nice walk. We are going out of town Wednesday-Saturday and on Sunday it's walking again. I just need to move and move safely.

Man! Im learning just how little will power I have and how difficult it is for me to make good food choices. Im realising I have an arsenal of 'reasons' to allow myself 'treats'. Ive not stuck to the plan. Ive not binged on absolute junk like I had gotten in the habit of but there's been a few slips here and there and getting so close to Christmas, this has kind of turned into a test run for a January start. On the one hand I am making better food choices, otoh, Im learning a lot about myself and food. Im going to continue to make better food choices, but I cant say Im strictly W30. Im just learning how bad Ive gotten with food choices. I was a junk food binge eater, or I had become one. That actually happened as a result of following a very restricted diet so for me, finding some balance is going to be important. I cant really call this my first W30 bc there are some things Ive felt like it was better for me to retain that W30 disallows. Im not sure if I 'belong' somewhere else on this forum. I want to learn to make better food choices but Ive realised that Im not quite ready for W30...yet.

Moderator? Could you help me find a better forum so I don't discourage anyone else on their W30? Thanks.

Man! Im learning just how little will power I have and how difficult it is for me to make good food choices. Im realising I have an arsenal of 'reasons' to allow myself 'treats'. Ive not stuck to the plan. Ive not binged on absolute junk like I had gotten in the habit of but there's been a few slips here and there and getting so close to Christmas, this has kind of turned into a test run for a January start. On the one hand I am making better food choices, otoh, Im learning a lot about myself and food. Im going to continue to make better food choices, but I cant say Im strictly W30. Im just learning how bad Ive gotten with food choices. I was a junk food binge eater, or I had become one. That actually happened as a result of following a very restricted diet so for me, finding some balance is going to be important. I cant really call this my first W30 bc there are some things Ive felt like it was better for me to retain that W30 disallows. Im not sure if I 'belong' somewhere else on this forum. I want to learn to make better food choices but Ive realised that Im not quite ready for W30...yet.

Moderator? Could you help me find a better forum so I don't discourage anyone else on their W30? Thanks.

Whilst it's technically not you, you could start a log in the "post whole 30" section of the forum. It would be a good place for you to log your food, habits etc but not be tied with the whole 30 rules. Perhaps having somewhere to write down what you're eating, and how you're feeling when you make not do healthy choices will make you realise why (if there's recurring patterns), find areas you could make improvements etc.

Archived