Sara's Post W30

SaraRuns

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Derek and LadyM!

Oh, and how could I forget with my yoga aficionados - free yoga on Monday morning.  It was a stretch yoga class and it felt really good.  I think it was a good thing right before traveling.  Plus, it showed me how unbalanced my feet and hips are, yikes!

Made it through yesterday.  I stayed up too late talking to my husband, telling him about my trip, and catching up.  I really didn't have a chance to talk to him since last Wednesday.  Worth staying up for, but I'm pretty tired today.

I'm currently taking chelated magnesium, because it was supposed to be easier on your stomach.  But it is also supposed to buffer the more laxative properties of magnesium, which I don't really need to buffer.  I wonder if it would make more sense for me to be on a non-buffered type of magnesium?  Does anyone have any thoughts?

• Moderators

Definitely worth staying up to catch up with Hubs! Glad you got in a great yoga class, too.

Wish I could help with the magnesium question, but I just take what my FMD tells me to. I think there are some threads on the forum about magnesium, though. Maybe their old advice could help? I do know that some supplements will work better for your body than others and when I was stuck on a trip having run out of my magnesium supplement, picking up a different one at a grocery store did me no good. Then I tried another one from a health food store and it did. It might be worth trying a different one. Luckily Mg sups aren't too expensive. Good luck, lady! I know how miserable it can be. . . . 

Thanks, Juz!

I got a bit more sleep last night and I'm feeling better today.  It will take me the weekend to really get caught up, but I'm almost there.

I'm back on track with my food, so that is good.  Honestly, I didn't feel like I got that far off track while I was away.  One of the ladies on the trip had done W30 and is Paleo now.  She was eating pretty much like me, not totally avoiding anything, but mostly sticking to Paleo/W30.

Swim team tonight and my husband's open house at the new office.  I'm hoping his schedule goes back to normal after the open house.  If the rain stops here, I plan to go for a walk during swim team.  I have my foot all taped up with Kinesio Tape.  I'm hoping that it will help to speed up the healing process.

• Moderators

Good luck with that foot, Sara! It is so nice to realize that we can mostly adhere to our way of eating in any circumstance and have it not be such a big deal and then get right back on it when we get home.

The Mg supplement I take is from Biotics Research. I think you can only buy that brand from a health care practitioner, though I'm not sure. Keep us posted! I hope you find something that works.

So glad you had a great trip!  That picture is beautiful. 

I take Vitacost Natural Tranquility and it seems to help.  I just take a big spoonful each night.  I should have brought extra on my trip and upped the dose.  That may have helped my issues.  So annoying! 

Thanks for the info, ladies!  My current regimen mostly works, I just want to tinker and see if I can get it a bit more consistent.

I had a good weekend.  I went for a walk on Friday and then did some strength training.  I ended up taking a two hour nap because I was so tired.  Friday evening was a Halloween party at Karate.  Saturday I took my son to Karate, then some shopping.  I got caught up on laundry and then my son and I went to a party for my friend.  My husband got back form a quick trip around midnight, although I didn't hear him come in.  Yesterday was getting ready for the week and then a party for my husband's friend.

I'm starting to feel mostly back to normal.  Eating is fine.  I need to get my exercise back up.  Even though I don't think my foot is ready for running, more walks and strength training should be happening.  My foot definitely seems to be improving.  I'm still getting twinges though, so I don't want to push running quite yet.

Feeling bloated and yuck today.  Why???  TOM, I guess.  I am also fighting off my son's cold.

Did lots of food prep last night since today's swim is at a more distant location.  Hopefully it all goes smoothly and my son is able to get his homework done before karate.  I would have skipped this practice, but my son needs to decide if he is going to continue with swim in November and December and he wanted to decide today after practice.

Jen, I've been doing ACV shots (can't manage the tea).  My son has a pretty bad cold, hoping to avoid that...

Made it through last night.  Got my son to decide to continue with swim lessons, until we got home and he talked to my husband and now he is undecided again.   :rolleyes:   I need to take myself out of this, it isn't about me.  I'm going to tell him he should decide and if he decides to take off Nov/Dec that is fine, but he'll need to do three nights of karate.  I just don't want him using that extra time to be on electronics.

Feeling a bit less bloated today, but still trying to work out my magnesium.  My head is feeling strange today, fighting off the cold?

My head is feeling a little better today, not as strange as yesterday, but not 100% either.  My stomach is also a little off, but that could be from the different magnesium.

I went out to dinner with a friend last night, that was fun.  My son has finally made the decision to continue swimming.  I had a long talk with him first about it being his decision and my love for him has nothing to do with this decision.  He felt pressured.  Who knew this would start at 8!

Halloween tomorrow, but I will be at work doing month end close.  I'm sure my son will get some candy I like (reeses peanut butter cups, I'm looking at you), but I'm sure I can resist.

Glad your head is feeling better.  Maybe there was something in the air or moon phase or something yesterday that was affecting us? 

I'm glad your son decided to do swimming.  It's so hard to parent these days!  You want to encourage, but don't want to pressure.  We solve that by just forcing, apparently.  :wacko:  13 yr old still hates scouts.  He's counting down the months until he can quit (husband is making him do it one more year).  10 yr old is not doing karate yet.  I'm kind of waiting to see if husband brings it up again.  10 yr old just needs more time for homework and needs more sleep and adding 2 nights a week of activity isn't a good idea for him.  He is joining a book club, though!  My hate to read kid is in a book club.  Funny.

No candy!

Jen - My son desperately wants to join Cub Scounts and my husband (an eagle scout) is really not into it.

You will all be happy to know that I was not even tempted by the Halloween candy, even though my son's bag was full of peanut butter cups.  Not special!

I did indulge in a warm cup of apple cider that was totally worth it and seasonal.  I also ate some things that aren't in my norm, as I was visiting my sister for my niece's birthday.  They are vegetarians and I wanted to keep things easy for them.  I did make good choices, based on what was available.  A little bloated today, but I expect that to return to normal quickly.

It is really cooling off here, Fall is officially here.  It will be a quick, busy week as we head to my IL's cabin for a long weekend.

• Moderators

Warm apple cider and a long weekend at a cabin? You know how to make the most of the season! Hope the bloat goes away quickly and congrats on resisting those dastardly peanut butter cups.

Thanks, ladies.  I really do love Fall, but need to watch out for all the food traps.

Still working on the bloating, magnesium, regularity - I am starting to think that I may always be tweaking this.

No swim team today, because of the election.  And in fact, my son will be missing all the practices, as we are heading out of town Thursday right after school.  I'm okay with that.  And I can use tonight to do some packing for our trip.  I am going to make chocolate chili, so I want to get all the spices measured into a baggie to take along.  That always makes prep easy on the day of.

I still have not used my new food processor!   :o   I know, ridiculous.  But we've been so busy, and I've barely been home.  I'm planning to make cauliflower rice tonight...  I've had that plan before, so we'll see.

Archived