Sara's Post W30

SaraRuns

Yesterday was a clean day, so that was good.  I didn't get to run yesterday,  other than around Target and the grocery store.  I am feeling a bit better as I got a lot of shopping done at the store and online.  Now I just have to come up with something for my husband.  He's always SO hard.  He just buys himself stuff in the price range we've set.  And he's picky...

No run tonight (or walk at lunch) as it is sleeting/raining again.  At least it looks like there will be little to no snow accumulation.

Outside lights are up and my husband plans to put tree lights on today.  Then we can start decorating the tree.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another good day of eating for me.  I moved my sweet potato to lunch, and I think I'll try that for a week or so and see how it goes.

My back is doing great.  I've been pain free for three days.  Thank goodness!  I am still rolling it out (and my feet) with a tennis ball.

My husband got the lights up on the tree last night, so now we can start decorating.  A few more gifts to buy, slowly but surely getting there.  I'm feeling a bit calmer now...

Hoping to get out at lunch for at least a 30 minute walk, we'll see if the weather cooperates.

Jen - Sorry your neck isn't better!  Are you getting your normal huge tree?  With the kitchen finishing up, things will start feeling a lot more festive!

No movement yesterday, ugh.  I doubt there will be any today either - everything is covered in snow or slush and I only have the outside available today.  I will run tomorrow - maybe about 2.5 miles.

Eating is fine, no issues.  I'm really enjoying my green soup, it feels so needed right now.

Saturday is a holiday party for my company.  I'll do my best, but if something looks really yummy, I will give it a try.  And cocktails, of course.

Yep - huge tree!  Now, not only can people see the star from outside through our 2nd story window, we can see the tree from the kitchen.  So excited to get it set up! 

I thought you got a treadmill?  Or am I thinking of someone else?  It's impossible to keep up a good running schedule in the winter! 

Jen - that will be so awesome!  I posted a picture of my son on a ladder next to the tree on FB last night.  The comments I got about the giant tree.  Ha, it is only 8-9 feet tall.  It is on an 18" putz, so that does add some height...  I love having the tree up, the smell, the sight - it helps bring in all I love about the holidays.

I DID get a treadmill.  But I've been trying to get a walk in at lunch and my run tonight would have to be outside while my son has swim team practice.  I don't get home from that until 8 and I'm usually in bed close to 9, so there is no way I'm getting a run in when I get home.  Tomorrow is another day...

• Moderators

I think you should give yourself credit for getting in a walk at lunch rather than beating yourself up about not running. How much better would you feel about yourself?

You two are making me think about putting up my little ol' tree just for little ol' me. I do love how it sparkles and shines. Last night I watched (half of) Bridget Jones' Diary, which means it's the start of my favorite Christmas movie watching season. Next up: Love Actually.

I didn't watch Love Actually on Friday, but I did watch White Christmas.  Love Actually will be this Friday during my present wrapping extravaganza.  Christmas tree is decorate, the train is up and running, but most importantly, all the decoration boxes are out of my family room.

I got in two short runs this weekend - 2.5 miles on Friday and 3 miles on Saturday.  I purposely took off yesterday.

We had my work Christmas party on Saturday.  I had a big salad and the chicken and beef that I'm sure were not compliant, but they were good and I stayed away from the rice and desserts.  I did not stay away from the cocktails, but still felt surprisingly fine yesterday.

I'm getting excited for family to start arriving this weekend.  This is the last full work week of the year!   :D

Thanks, everyone.  I think I am good.  Not looking for perfection, getting in some exercise, and trying to not get too stressed out by the holidays (although yesterday was a bit stressful).

Today I'm having my pre-Christmas hair appointment.  My son will go to karate.  We are skipping swimming today and Thursday.  They had to move it to 7:15-8pm, which would mean getting home at 8:45.  That's just too late on a school night.  They added a practice on Friday, so he'll go to that one and one on Saturday.

I was having a bit of anxiety yesterday.  I'm not sure if I'm just feeling behind.  Anyway, feeling a little less stressed today.  I think all the changes to the schedule, plus some work stresses, plus the holidays is catching up with me.  Plus AF.   :rolleyes:

I've been a little too heavy on wine the last two nights, for work nights.  I feel fine, but I'm sure that isn't helping my anxiety levels.  I'll reign that back in tonight.

Nothing exciting with food.  No runs so far this week...

• Moderators

Good for you for calling out the perfect storm: wine, AF, work and holiday stress. Who wouldn't feel heightened anxiety? Time to see the massage therapist or at least a little dedicated YOU time?

Funny you say that, massage today!  My back is so much better (although my arm still isn't 100%), but I'm doing maintenance.

I also followed LadyM's advice about adjusting my mag for TOM and things are much more regular over here.   ;)

And tonight I'm getting in a run, which will also help me de-stress.  Tomorrow is a busy day, but I'm looking forward to the wrapping.

Running is going well with a run Thursday evening, one on Saturday, and one on Sunday.  I'm keeping the mileage low and I'm running on the treadmill.  I'm thinking Christmas Eve I will do a run outside in the morning.

I'm not feeling good about my eating/drinking.  Need to focus on this a bit.  I really don't want to think about it in terms of good and bad, but when I'm left feeling not great (like this morning), something needs to change.

Wrapping is done, the house is clean, my brother arrives tomorrow.  Today and tomorrow at work.  Then hopefully a few days of enjoying family.  Hopefully I am able to slow down, relax, and enjoy.

I hope we're both able to slow down and relax now that most of the holiday prep is done!  Have a great holiday and hope that you can get in your Christmas Eve run.  I'm planning a Christmas Eve morning walk with my friend.  I hope the weather isn't gross!   

So far our weather is gross, so I may be running inside tomorrow.  I'm okay with that.  I really hate running in the rain.  But I have a plan with my two sister-in-laws to run on a local rail trail the day after Christmas.  That should be fun.

I was able to spend some time my sister and her family yesterday.  Last day of work this week.  Tonight I'm going out with my sister, brother, and cousin.  Tomorrow is at my in-law's and then my parents' on Christmas Day.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, full of love, family and friends, happy times, and whatever you need most this holiday season.

Holidays are amazing.  Eating/drinking are a little out of control.  Dealing a little with the mind trap of why bother to reign it in before the New Year.  Today will have lots of veggies and I'll figure it out from here.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying all the festivities.

ETA: Running is going well!  Even ran with my SILs last Friday.  Back up to 4 miles and ran Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  Hope to get up to 5 miles this week.

• Moderators

Yay for amazing holidays, running, and veggies! Extra water and adequate protein with those veggies always help me rein it in. And giving yourself permission to indulge for New Year's with template meals up until then might help with the all-or-nothing mentality. And the pants problem. :ph34r: And you'll feel better!

Thanks, LadyM!  I've been doing tons of water, and that is a huge help.  I always do better with my water at work.  That is exactly my plan, to indulge tomorrow, but doing template meals until then.  I feel better already after a day of "normal" eating yesterday.

No all or nothing!!!

I gave some serious thought to doing a 30 something thanks to LadyM.  I am going to do something, but I don't think it will specifically be 30 and I don't think that it will be Whole30.  I've written down some ideas with the intention of being adjustable and flexible as I go along.  My main goal right now is some weight loss, to at least get back to my comfort zone place.  I know my body likes being there and it is a place where my clothes fit comfortably.

I feel okay with going for some weight loss right now.  I am happy with my life.  I do not think that losing 5 or 10 pounds is going to make me intrinsically happier.  I do think it will take away some discomfort I have in the morning when trying to get dressed. I do want to be kind to myself in the process.

The reason I don't want to go W30-style is that I think that kind of strict eating makes me a little crazy.  Last year I got a little mental and obsessed about my eating.  I don't want to be there.  But getting back to whole foods, real foods, healthy foods - yes, I'm all about that (why in the world would I let crackers become something I eat regularly!).

Happy New Year!

(crazy at work today with the auditors and year end, but wanted to type up my thoughts)

ETA:  One 30 I am trying out - 30 days of yoga.  It is something my SIL recommended to me - beginner friendly.  I am going to try to do it every day, but if I miss a day, then I'll just pick it back up the next day.  Two days in - today will be my third day.

Archived