Sara's Post W30

SaraRuns

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who knew there could be so much discussion over kale and eggs - our own green eggs (what, no ham?)!

With my son being older, it is a bit easier to just make the yoga work.  Like last night, we got home at almost 8, my husband got my son ready for bed while I quickly put away groceries, made lunch for today, did my quick session of yoga, and then in to say good night to my son.  I'd like to get up earlier and get it done in the morning, but so far I can't quite convince myself to do that at 5.  ;)   Speaking of, yesterday was Day 32 of yoga.  I think I'll throw it in here, so I can keep track of how far I go with it.  If I miss a day, no big deal, but it is fun to have the streak going.  Still waiting for my DVDs, apparently they tried to deliver them somewhere in NY on Monday, maybe to Beets???  :D

I think I'm starting to lock in my digestion.  I'm upping my flax seed intake, which has definitely worked in the past.  I also don't seem to get some of the bad side effects I get from higher dosages of magnesium (which somehow do not involve running to the bathroom for me) which include head fog and stomach pain.  I'm still taking the magnesium, but not quite as high as my peak.  Pants still do not love me, but I know that will come (I know it, I know it).

2/4 Day 33 Yoga

Nothing too exciting, still battling regularity.  Eating feels pretty calm.  My husband grilled haddock last night, yum!  My car has to go into the shop tonight which requires all kinds of logistical shenanigans, but we'll get it done.  Hopefully there is nothing expensively wrong.

After finally beating back my cold/sinus issues, I'm going over to see my neighbor's baby tomorrow.  Nothing like cuddling an infant for some soul repair.

No major issues with the car, so that is a relief.  My eating continues to be fairly calm and (fingers crossed) I seem to be doing better with my regularity issues, even through TOM.  And as the regularity goes, so does my weight.  Very slowly, I am finally seeing my weight move downward.

Day 38 of yoga (2/9).  This Thursday may break my streak, unless I manage to get out of bed early to do it.  After work we are driving up to my IL's place for a long weekend away.  There is no way that yoga will happen after work.  DVDs finally arrived.  I tried the one with the woman, definitely a little more challenging than what I have been doing, it will take me a little time to follow along on everything.  Another thing I'm excited about is that some days on the weekend, I am doing my yoga right after running to make sure I get it in, but then later in the day, I'm doing another practice.  I like it when I do something active again later in the day.  I'll probably do that today, as I am working from home - this is the 3rd Monday in a row the kids haven't had school.  4 days of snow days used, I'm not sure how many they plan in the schedule, 5 I think.

Looking forward to the weekend away, some friends are joining us.  It should be a lot of fun.

• Moderators

So glad you've got your weekend to look forward to! 

As for the yoga, you know what you could do? Just choose a few asanas you could do before bed on the floor without a mat. Do it for five minutes, call it good, and keep your streak going!

LadyM - Forgive my complete yoga newbieness, but asana?  Is that a flow?  Or is that a singular pose?  I guess I could google, but I feel like I have a yoga posse in here!  Oh and I have no mat, I've just been using the rug!  :ph34r:

I'm also impressed with your streak. Yeah! It'd probably be easy to remember a flow like sun salutation, which you can easily find on YouTube. (Then again I've intended to do that upon waking for like ten years. So of course the thing is in the doing, easy or no.)

I'm totally done with the storms, but we've only had one snow day. My in-laws in NH have had five snow days. Today my weather app described the precipitation as "ice pellets," which described it pretty well. It was like walking through large grains of glassy sand.

Made it to work today and the auditors are in, so it will be busy.  My son has a two-hour delay, but at least they are going.  We had sleet pretty much all day yesterday.

Food was fine.  Today will be day 39 (2/10), but I won't be doing it until late, after 8.  You all have inspired me to keep the streak going one way or the other, whether doing some simple flows or a few asanas.  I'll report back on how that went after the weekend.

Despite feeling like my stomach is looking flatter, my pants are not fitting better.  Patience, patience...

Jen -  I hope you got home early and safely!

Yesterday was super busy, my son needed to do swim team and karate, since we're leaving on Thursday for our weekend away.  I'm really glad we decided not to do the two activity regularly anymore, it really is miserable, pushing my tired, whining son.

My stomach is feeling off this morning.  I'd like to wait it out before eating, but our CPAs are coming in at 9 and will probably leave around 11.  That's too late to eat.  So I think I will force it, even though eating is not what I'm feeling like doing right now.  Normal food yesterday, so I'm not sure what my stomach issue is, maybe just that time of the year kind of thing.

Day 40 (2/11) of Yoga today, but that will have to wait for tonight, after karate.

40 days of yoga is awesome!  WTG!  I hope your tummy feels better.  Mine is off, too, but I know why.  Somehow, that makes it easier to deal with.  It was a choice to eat the ground beef with the family and now I have an annoying rumbly tumbly.  Feel better!

We leave today, so I'm leaving work a little early.  I hate going up on a work day, because it makes it frantic.  But it is so nice to get the drive over with and be able to enjoy that first day without the drive first.

Stomach is much better today.  It was fine yesterday after a few cups of Get Relief tea.

I'm taking LadyM's advice and getting in the yoga tonight one way or the other.  Our friends are either bailing completely or not coming until Saturday, so that means we are getting an earlier start and one way or the other, I can get in a small practice.  So days 41-44 will take place while I'm away.  Since I won't be running (no treadmill and high temps in the single digits), I'll be doing longer practices on days 42-44, I'm going to try out some of the DVDs I got.

I'll probably be doing some small indulging while away, but nothing too significant.  I am bringing lots of compliant stuff, to keep the other stuff to a minimum.

Day 46 of Yoga (2/17)

We had a great trip away!  Went a little off the rails with eating.  As shown above, I kept up with the yoga, with a very light practice on Thursday.  However, Friday through Monday, I did much longer practices, at least an hour each.  And some days I did doubles!  The Brian Kest dvd is very intense and I'm glad he kept telling me that if I was still breathing I was doing it right.  Ha!  I am starting to notice what I think is some muscle in my lower abdomen area.  That would make me happy if it wasn't covered by a layer of fat!  Ugh, trying not to stress about my pants...

Ready to get back to running on Friday, but continuing with the yoga!

• Moderators

I can't remember level 1, honestly, but I do remember that I thought level 2 was more challenging than level 3. Level 2 does a lot of vinyasa flow at the start with added pushups then progresses into fairly advanced standing twists, balancing poses, and forward bends including pigeon and ends with some tough backbends. I'm definitely an advanced practitioner and I find it challenging. I think he's really good about encouraging folks to take breaks and adapt poses to their level, though.

LadyM - Maybe I better stick with level 1 for awhile.  I need a lot of work on my balancing.  I'm glad Brian tells me it is okay to fall.   ;)

Day 47 of Yoga (2/18)

Speaking of Yoga, does anyone have a recommendation for a great mat?  I've just been doing it on the carpet which leads to sliding at times.

Got some really rough news last night, a good friend has cancer.   :(  I'm feeling very helpless at the moment.

Archived