Sara's Post W30

SaraRuns

• Moderators

Lots of great learning and awareness here, Sara. I think the key really is that you didn't nourish yourself properly yesterday. It starts with food. Almost always!

Sorry it was a rough one, but I'm so happy you've decided not to beat yourself up over it. Feed yourself properly and avoid the things that don't serve you whenever possible. Great plan for moving forward!

And yoga continues! WOOT!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday went like I planned, a much calmer day.  I stuck to what I said I was going to do, even got to bed early.  I had some trouble falling asleep, I wasn't agitated though, sort of just dozing.  But all in all, a good day.

And my son passed his tough Karate test and I am so proud of him.  :wub:

I feel like I'm now in a good space for the rest of the week.  I'm going to aim for an earlier bedtime again tonight.

Sara-

So I have been working my way through reading your log and I just wanted to say that you are a very inspiring person. You've got it all together :))

Happy belated birthday, and I will keep following your log and chugging through some of your old posts to learn how you did it!

Rachel

Thanks, Ladies!

Hey, Rachel!  I'm so glad you are finding inspiration in my log, but I certainly don't have it all together!   ;)

I will have to check out your log!

Yoga Day 82 (3/25)  Barely got that one in, but I managed something.  My sister is up visiting so we had vegetarian chili for dinner, heavy on the beans, but no stomach issues.  Yesterday was pretty stressful, but I didn't feel agitated, so I'll take that.  And no road rage incidents.  And no falling into a bottle of wine.

Looking forward to a nice long run with my sister tomorrow!  :D   And then Karate Graduation tomorrow evening.

Yoga Day 86 (3/29) Still going strong!

It was a good weekend.  Catching up with my sister and niece, some infant babysitting on Saturday, husband finally got home Saturday afternoon, and Easter Egg painting and hunting at the IL's yesterday.  Two good runs and daily yoga.  Eating was pretty good.  Yesterday I was having a really fatigued day, not sure why.  So we start a new karate schedule this week, so we'll see how that impacts my running.  Less than two weeks until my 10 miler!

Good luck getting in your runs with the new schedule.  Soccer is going to heat up for us soon and I'm scared to see how it impacts my yoga schedule.  I'll have to get serious about figuring out some at home options that I'll actually do.  And clean out my workout space (it's still a dumping ground from the kitchen project) so I can do my dvd. 

Jen - Having space to do yoga is definitely important.  If you have to clean up first it makes it that much harder.  Good luck as you head into soccer season!

Yoga Day 87 (3/30)

Tonight is end of month, so I'll be at work late to close out.  Other than not getting in a run, it shouldn't impact much.  I have some extra food if I need it.

Thanks, LadyM.  I'm in a groove!  :)

Yoga Day 88 (3/31)

Busy night with closing, but I still got my yoga in.  It's another late night karate night.  Everything else is running smoothly.  Trying to figure out my running plan for this weekend, the race is the following weekend!

• Moderators

My running has definitely fallen off lately, and my race is less than three weeks away. Hope you make a plan that works for you. Thanks for reminding me to do the same!

Yoga Day 88 (4/1)

What a morning!  Lost power just as I was getting out of the shower.  So I'm improvising with my hair, I did my makeup with a flashlight.  Just about to get my first cup of coffee and my morning routine is all off.  Add to that I started the day with my contacts in the wrong eyes.  Yikes!  Power came back on right as we were leaving, so at least I didn't have to pop the garage door.

My plan for the weekend is to do 7, 5, 6 Friday through Sunday.  A normal 3-4 miler on Tuesday and a slow 3 miler on Thursday.  Then maybe a couple of walk Friday and Saturday, with the race on Sunday.  I'm looking forward to the time with family!

Yoga Day 92 (4/5)

I had a nice longer weekend (not really longer for me, but my son was off so we got to sleep in).  7 miles on the treadmill on Friday and 6 beautiful miles outside on Sunday.  We spent some time with friends on Saturday, I went out to dinner with my BFF on Saturday, and then lots of family time yesterday.  I'll have to report in on Jen's log, but I stayed away from the candy.  It was tempting me (smidgens, yum!), but knowing we had a pact, I stayed away.  I did have a piece of delicious Easter bread with butter and a sliver of homemade cheesecake that was totally worth it.  I left Easter dinner feeling good, not stuffed and was happy with my eating, success!

This week I'm busy at work and prepping for the race on Sunday.  I'm hoping to get in runs on Tuesday and Thursday just to keep my legs moving.  Friday I'll pack and do some cooking.  Early Saturday morning we'll drive down to DC, picking my SIL up on the way.  We're staying through Monday so we can have some post-race celebrating.  On Monday we'll return home and bring my nephew who is on Spring Break that week.  Looking forward to it all.

I almost busted my Yoga streak on Saturday.  We had a busy day and I realized at 10pm after dinner and wine that I hadn't done my daily.  I did a VERY small practice, but felt good that I got it in and even though I didn't do much of a practice, I did take some time to be mindful.  Yoga after dinner and wine is NOT ideal!  :rolleyes:

And I think Spring may finally be here.  It is cold this morning, but daily high temps are 50s and 60s, finally!

• Moderators

YAYAYAY! I'm so happy about our pact. It saved me, too!

So glad you kept your yoga streak even if it wasn't under the best of circumstances. Sounds like you're in a wonderful place. Good weekend! Good race week ahead!

SPRING!!!

Yoga Day 93 (4/6)

I was going to come here and write that I fell into a bag of chips, but that is silly.  I walked over to the pantry, pulled out a bag of unopened chips, opened them, and sat on the couch and ate way too many of them.  I could blame it on emotional eating (in addition to our friend, MIL is also dealing with some health issues), or maybe a little too much deprivation - but it really doesn't matter.  A few chips won't kill me, onward, upward to a day of good for me eating.

I have to take my son to the dentist today, which hopefully means getting home early.  So I plan to be able to get in my run and yoga, no problem.

ETA: Reading this, it sounds like I'm all zen about the chips.  I'm not, but I'm trying to be...

Thanks, Ladies!  Feeling better today, guess the faking it worked.

Derek - Thanks!  Yes, 10 miler.  I'm hoping a small taper is going to give me some speed!

Yoga Day 94 (4/7)

Much better day of eating yesterday, so that was good.  I did a 3 mile run and yoga last night, which was also good.  I'm still hoping to get in a slow, easy run tomorrow and then no more running until the race.

It has been gloomy here the last day or so, at least it isn't so cold!

Archived