Sara's Post W30

SaraRuns

Jen - That's awful!

Rainy day here.  Yoga is on tap for tonight.  Tomorrow I'm having my nieces (2 and 4) stay over so my BIL and SIL can have a night away.  It should be fun.  I'll get in a run before they arrive in the morning.

I was pretty tired yesterday after getting up at 4:15, but Cage woke me up.  We'll see how this goes.  I'm taking it step by step.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Step by step is the best way, if you ask me. Enjoy yoga! Rainy day here, too. Sometimes a rainy summer day is just the ticket. No choice, anyway, right?

Great weekend!  A little crazy yesterday trying to get ready for carpet cleaners and doing some furniture reconfigurations.  Had a good time babysitting my nieces.

Sitting out on my deck working, due to the carpet cleaners.  Wish I could do this more often, although my connection to work is slooooowwww.

Shampoo/conditioner were definitely the culprits for my breakouts.  My skin is getting much better after being off the shampoo for a few days.  Wish I had realized it sooner, it just never even entered my thoughts as a possibility.  I was immediately thinking food.

Oh and regularity seems to be back on track.  I think I was still adjusting to being back from vacation (water changes).

Here's to a good week, we head out to my IL's vacay house on Thursday, can't wait.

I'm so glad to hear that you identified the cause of the breakouts!  It's funny how we immediately blame everything on food.  I do that, too.  Sometimes, it's NOT food. :P

It sounds like things are all on track!

Things are on track, I think.  :P

Cage last night, a 4 mile run (with intervals) this morning, and hopefully yoga tonight.  It is called Elements of Ashtanga.  I took it before and really enjoyed it.  It is the class we did handstands in.  Hopefully a couple of work day walks, if it doesn't bust out raining.

Food is fine.  Life is good.

Got to yoga, wihoo!  It was a great class and I really needed it.  The studio I go to is run by a wife/husband team.  The husband ran the class and the wife participated.  I really enjoyed that.

Cage tonight and a run tomorrow and then we are off tomorrow evening for a weekend away.  I got the grocery shopping done, so now I just need to pack, sometime...

No run this morning we were up pretty late packing and have a long drive after work.  We are going to run the Rail Trail tomorrow morning, so I'm looking forward to that.  And I have Brian packed, so I'll get some yoga in as well.

We are packing dinner for the car, so that avoids the mess of what to eat on the road.  And we have lots of yummy stuff packed for the weekend.  Looking forward to getting away, now I just need to make it through the work day and car ride...

Great weekend away.  It went fast.  Had a fun 6 mile run on the rail trail on Friday.  Saturday I did yoga outside on the porch, which was fun.  I kept it standing though, as I forgot to bring my mat.  Not as good of a workout as I would have had if I did a dvd, but I think the outside experience was worth it.  We got back early enough yesterday for me to get laundry done and my son got to go swimming in my neighbor's pool.

My brother is in town, so I'm looking forward to hanging with him and his girlfriend.

I did 4 miles this morning and Cage tonight...

• Moderators

You're doing such a great job balancing exercise. So happy you've found the sweet spot. And uber impressed you're doing your own yoga practice--out of doors, no less!

Also, the fact that you're doing 2-a-days speaks highly of your fitness level. Rock on, lady!

Got to yoga last night, which was fantastic.  I almost always leave feeling better than when I went in.

4 miles done this morning and Cage on tap for tonight.  I really hate waking up at 4, I almost equally love having my run done before work.  We'll see how it goes.  Having my husband getting up at the same time makes a huge difference or I think I would be talking myself out of it.

Eating is fine.  Regularity is mostly under control.

I got some sad news at work.  The SIL of a lady that works for me passed away from cancer last night, he was 45 and leaves behind two young kids.  F Cancer.  :(

ETA: Son in law, not SIL.

I did get in Cage last night.  Then we hung out with my brother and his girlfriend.  It was good to catch up.  Tonight we have the Carnival, so probably no working out, but lots of walking around.  I intend to eat something before we head out, as I am not really interested in eating anything there.

Busy weekend ahead.  I have to do some cooking for a party we are hosting on Sunday for MIL's birthday and to take on vacation.  Karate picnic and dinner at my parents on Saturday.  All good.  My plan is to run on Friday and Sunday, and Yoga Saturday morning.

The carnival was fun and I didn't eat anything there, which was fine.

Good weekend.  Spent lots of time with my brother.  We ran around a lot on Saturday including a Karate picnic, haircuts for the boys, a trip to Cabelas, and dinner at my parents'.  Last night we hosted my MIL's birthday dinner.  That went well and I had a few bites of her delicious birthday cake.  Totally worth it.

I have a viewing to go to this morning (for my employee's son-in-law).  Tonight I have a podiatrist appt and then Cage.  Running tomorrow morning.  Then we leave for vacation on Wednesday.  I will be off until the 10th!  So excited.

I did Cage last night and 4 miles this morning.  Getting running done in the morning on work days is growing on me.  I still hate getting up, but it is so freeing to have it done.

Last day of work, lots of packing to do tonight, and then we get on the road tomorrow morning.  I'm so excited to have some time off and spend it with my family.  Aaahhh!  :D   Hopefully lots of activity and fun, definitely some runs, and eating I'm playing by ear.  I intend to enjoy myself, but want to make sure that means feeling good.

• 2 weeks later...

What a great vacation!  We had such a good time and it was relaxing and fun.  And then home for a long weekend, although I put my husband to work painting the kitchen.  He finally finished last night.

Things have been good, but busy.  Trying to get caught up at work.  I got in 3 good runs over the 8 days we were away and then two on the long weekend back.  Back to Cage on Monday and I did get to Yoga on Saturday.  I was supposed to get up and run this morning, but I was still awake after 2 (ugh) so decided sleep was more important this morning.

I definitely had some major regularity issues while away, but that just seems to be the norm for travel.  Things are back in order now.

Cage tonight and maybe a run tomorrow...

Hope everyone is well!

I got to Cage last night, but I'm still getting back into the groove after being off almost two weeks.

Now I need to get my running mojo back.  I have a half coming up in early October...

Food is fine, life is good.

Archived