Sara's Post W30

SaraRuns

I'm surprised I didn't know this before about the seltzer!  I guess having one here and there didn't have as big of an impact.  Do either of you have the same impact from Kombucha?  I could try that again or the diluted coconut water sounds like a possibility as well.

Nothing exciting last night, a little sad to be at karate and not doing Cage.  I need to find a new weight type workout.

My parents had a great trip, it is nice to have them home.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Same here. I'm good with kombucha. I brew my own as well, but it's gotten wonderfully fizzy lately and I'm still good with it. I say give it a shot! So much tastier and with more health benefits than seltzer.

I tried some diluted coconut water last night, which I enjoyed.  Maybe diluted too much?  I also bought kombucha and may try diluting that as well.  Thanks for the suggestions!

Big surprise last night, my husband came home early (was supposed to be gone through Sunday).  Apparently things are pretty dry in the part of CO they were in, and the decision was made to end the trip early.  I hate to admit it, but my first thought was, oh, he came home after I made it through the hard part of the week.  But then I realized I was very happy he was home and my son was absolutely delighted.  I just didn't like my initial reaction.

I tried a tabata workout last night.  It was a fast one, just 6 minutes.  But I actually felt a bit sore afterward.  I like the idea of having something quick, but I'm not sure if it is too quick to actually get results from.  But better than sitting on my butt!

Tomorrow is a 10 miler and then maybe an 8 miler on Sunday.  Since my husband is home, I'll try to get to yoga on Saturday.

• Moderators

Quick and intense is the way to go--unless it's a long and leisurely walk, IMHO.

Good catch and redirect with your initial reaction! My guess is you're feeling overworked and undervalued at home, so your frustration came out a little sideways.

I hope you get in that yoga to balance all those miles. . . . 

Thanks, M.  I think that is a good description of what happened.  I'm definitely feeling more valued at home, after lots of help from my husband this weekend.  I did get in yoga, it was a good class and my friend also joined me, doubly good!  

Busy weekend with lots of running, a fun lunch out with my husband on Friday, weeding the garden, and yes, yoga. And a huge sleep in yesterday morning!

Enjoying kombucha more than coconut water.  So I think I'll try to enjoy the kombucha for a bit and see how that goes.

Weight is up.  I know what the issue is, now I just have to actually decide to do something about it.

Unfortunately I'm all too good at sleeping in.  I haven't been letting myself do it too much lately, because of messing up my more normal wake up times, but I'm calling it recovery!  And I had no trouble falling asleep on Sunday, so it was probably needed.

5 at 4 done this morning.  I decided to go to bed early last night to promote waking up at 4 and actually was walking up the stairs at 9pm.  That's a big win for me.  I've still been getting my daily walks in at work.

Food is normal, as it tends to be on workdays.

My hands are hurting big time from the weeding I did on Saturday.  My Mom has pretty nasty arthritis, especially in her hands.  Unfortunately, I think I'm following in her path.

All continues to go well with my son and his stomach issues (no jinx, no jinx!).  No complaints and he says that his teacher this year is his favorite so far.  Phew!

I was so hungry yesterday.  That was frustrating.  I'm guessing I waited too long to eat after my 5 miler, as 5 miles doesn't usually cause hunger like that.

I will get in a short body weight workout tonight and of course, my walks at work.

Had a great weekend.  8 miles on Friday, Yoga and a quick body weight workout Saturday, and 6 miles and hiking on Sunday.  Went to a friend's party on Saturday.  Eating was fine, although I did consume more than one homemade jalapeno poppers, which were amazing.

So that was it for the big runs.  I'll do a slow 3 miler on Tuesday and that's probably it for the week.  I'll make sure to get in some walks and some yoga to keep active.  The race is on Sunday.  I'm starting to get nervous and I really wish they would hold races on Saturdays instead of Sundays, but ah well.  So lots of taking care of myself this week.  I've already scheduled an hour massage for next week, which should feel awesome after the race.

Thanks, Jen.  Pretty quick for me too, I can't believe October is just about here!

My run this morning was a little rough - my legs were tired, sore, and sad.  And I only did 3 miles on the treadmill.  Ugh!

The forecast is rain, I'm hoping that clears out by this weekend, but it doesn't look good...

Forecast has been downgraded to just some showers, hopefully it will only improve from here.

Tonight is my late night at work.  So no real movement, especially with lots of rain here.

Weight is back to normal range, just being sensible and what I know I need to do in order to not gain.  I expect to be back up after race day - I will be celebrating and enjoying life, not worrying about food intake in any meaningful way.  Then I'll get back on it.

Onwards!

Forecast keeps looking better for Sunday.  Now just heavy cloud cover Sunday, which is fine with me!  Hope the rain stays away.  Although this impending hurricane and where it lands could change everything.

Mostly packed to head out tonight.  Nerves are high!  :rolleyes:

Thanks for checking in, Jen!

It went really well.  It was hard, a little painful, but I PR'd by two minutes, so that made me really happy.  And the weather ended up being beautiful.  A little cold at the start (high 40's), but great once we got going.  I might have gone out a little too fast, with a small fade in the later miles.  But it was a great race, so much volunteer support, and seeing my little guy close to the finish line (with a big high five), helped me to finish fast and with a big smile.

It was also fun to hash everything out after the race with my SIL who ran the full.  She had a tough run, with minimal training due to an injured knee.

I managed to keep regularity in check, which made me really happy.  We brought our own water, so maybe that made the difference?

I'm pretty sore today, especially my calves.  I don't remember my calves hurting after a race.  I'm also pretty tired, but I'm sure by the weekend, I'll be fine.  Weight is up, as expected.  I'm sure at least some of that is muscles retaining extra water.  I ran about a minute and a half faster per mile than my norm, which apparently is a lot, at least for this aging body.  ;)

At least the head/chest cold decided to hold off until after the race.  I was planning to run tonight, but think I may hold off because of the chest part of the cold.

Otherwise, things are settling back down to normal.

The massage yesterday was glorious!  :D

Because of my cold, I decided not to run yesterday, I went for a walk instead.  I'll try to get in another walk tonight and run on Friday - just a few miles.

This weekend I hope to get to yoga and a bit of a longer run on Sunday.  We have dinner at a friend's house on Saturday.  I think that is it, other than working on a science project.  :blink:

Have a great weekend!

I didn't end up running until Sunday and skipped yoga because of my cold.  I didn't want to be that person!

Weekend was good.  Eating was decent until last evening when I got very snacky.  My belly isn't feeling great this morning.  I know better than that.  :rolleyes:

Crazy running around tonight because of a car being in the shop.  I plan to get up and run early tomorrow.  Plain calm eating today to get my stomach back in order.

I decided to not get up at 4, since I'm still fighting this cold.  I'm getting better, but I don't want to reverse that and I think sleep is critical right now.

However, the bowl of cereal after my husband went to bed was NOT critical, or even something I should have contemplated.  I'm annoyed with myself, but moving forward.

This week is crazy with appointments after work plus having a car in the shop, so running around to borrow cars.  Thank goodness for good friends and family.

I did better last night, no crazy snacking after my husband went to bed and he did go to bed before me.  In the meantime, my weight is still up, and of course I know why.  I really want to get back at least to my "normal", but I'm not panicking.  Slow and steady.

Hoping to maybe get a short run in today, but at least a walk if not?

Archived