Sara's Post W30

SaraRuns

Good to see you, Bethany!  Happy New Year!

Ooofff.  Went way offroad over the weekend.  I cannot make some tiny changes during the week and then go totally off the rails on the weekend.  Especially when my weekend is three days.  I'm frustrated with myself, but not beating myself up.  Trying to take it in and learn from it.  As I mentioned in McJules' log, I'm also frustrated because my husband dropped 9!!! pounds in 5 days, by making some very minor changes.  I know, I know, comparing does nothing, but it is frustrating.

Otherwise, had a really good weekend.  Thursday evening yoga, Friday run and weights, Saturday yoga followed by hiking and we did some geocaching, which my son really loved, and more running and weights on Sunday.  We started a family book club and although my husband and son were a bit reluctant, it ended up being a huge success and we had lots of fun and lively discussion.  :)   My son even asked if we could do a second chapter on Sunday instead of waiting another week, so we did.

This week is going to be calm, calm I say!  :P   I will not deprive myself.  I will make choices that make me feel good.  I will be kind to myself.  And I will get out for at least two walks during work today...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jen - We are reading "Chasing Lincoln's Killer".  My son loves history, especially presidential history, so it is perfect.

Yesterday went well, although I only got in one walk, but better than none.  I made a mistake at work, and it is stressing me out.  Ugh, I hate that.

Today will be calm eating and a run/weights tonight.  I have an eye doctor appointment, so I'm not sure how many walks I'll get in.

Jen - I'm trying...

I got in my run and weights last night.  Fine eating day, sticking to my goals.  Probably no walking today as I'm leaving early to refi our house.  Maybe I'll do some yoga at home, since I should be home early.

Work, work, work...

I think if I can get through mid-February, I should be golden work-wise.

I did a quick yoga practice at home yesterday, other than that, not great movement-wise.  Today will be yoga class, yay!  And a massage, yay!  Still trying to work through some PF in my right foot and issues with my shoulders/back/neck.

This weekend will involve running/weights on Friday, yoga (yay!) and hiking Saturday, and running/weights on Sunday.  My husband leaves for Utah on Sunday and won't be back until Thursday, so I'll be keeping things running at home.  Hopefully my son doesn't stress too much, especially as it is exam week.

Jen - I hope it does get better for you!

I whined a bit in Jen's log.  I had an okay weekend, although no hiking because I wasn't feeling 100% on Saturday.  My husband left for Utah yesterday and I stayed up too late which is never a great way to start the week.

In good news, I spent a long afternoon with my BF.  It was great to just hang, as we usually meet for dinner or do a rushed get together.

My intentions for the week are to get to bed early/normal even though my husband is gone.  Eat calmly and in a way that is positive for me.  No yoga until Saturday because my husband is away, but I plan to get in run/weights Tuesday and Thursday.  And I'll try to get in an at home yoga session on Wednesday.  My son has midterms this week, so activity is dependent on him being ready for his next day exams.

I had a good night last night.  I had a calming cup of tea and got to bed relatively early.

I am having some issues at work that are giving me some anxiety.  Unfortunately I had trouble sleeping again last night.  After two days in a row, I'm hoping tiredness will lead to a good night of sleep tonight.  I just typed out some thoughts I have on the issue and now have to decide it if I want to share them with another manager.  I feel better at least getting them out of just my head.

Tonight's plan is to get home, get my son some dinner and then run/weights.  I'm rethinking getting in two runs during this week.  With my husband not  home, I'm not sure that I want to leave my son to the electronic wasteland twice.  We'll see.  If I don't do a run, I will try to get in a quick yoga session.  The reason I'm trying to squeeze the extra run in is because I'm babysitting on Friday and won't be able to do my normal run.

Temperatures have been pretty low, high of 20 yesterday and cold again today.  I did get out for one walk yesterday.  There is a potentially big storm coming our way Friday/Saturday.  I'm hoping the forecast is wrong because we have dinner plans on Saturday with friends that we keep missing due to illness, stuff coming up whatever, and I had really been looking forward to it.  Not to mention it is at my favorite restaurant.

Ha ha!  You're funny.  It hasn't been above zero for a while here... :P

More serious - I hope the work issues resolve somehow so that you can stop stressing about it.  I HATE when work stress starts impacting my time off, sleep, etc.  Hate it.  But, sometimes it's so hard.  Hang in there. 

Jen - I do not envy you those temps, yikes!  I am actually feeling much better.  Writing out what I was thinking and gathering my thoughts all in one space really seemed to help me let go of some of it.  Good night sleep last night, finally!

Work is still busy, but I'm not feeling so anxious, which is a huge plus.

My running issue resolved as I am no longer needed for babysitting duty on Friday, so I am able to run on Friday.  Leaving me around for my son tonight and tomorrow night.

I got in my run and weights last night and felt like I had another calm eating day yesterday.

A quick shout out to stress for the 10 big red pimples on my forehead.  :angry:

Nothing on the movement front yesterday.  I spent the evening playing games with my son instead of doing any yoga.  I brought my big fluffy coat today, so I am aiming for two walks minimum.  My husband gets home today, but I'm not sure of timing, so I doubt I will be getting to yoga tonight.  I will get in two runs/weights this weekend, although Sunday will probably be on the treadmill due to the incoming snowstorm.  Yoga on Saturday will be dependent on weather.

I will try to keep calm and even eating over the weekend.  No need to be crazy just because it is the weekend...

WIshing you calm!  I think spending the night playing games with your son is worth skipping exercise.  It won't be too long before he doesn't want to play games with you!  Enjoy it.

My husband comes back today, too.  He's been in CA for work since last Friday.  Luckily, the boys are older now so it's not as big a deal as even just a couple years ago.  We miss him, of course, but I can still get up and go to work and come home at the normal time because they can be home alone for a while. 

Jen - Although I am not rushing at all, I do look forward to being able to leave my son at home for at least short periods.  I do most of the week day running, so my husband being gone doesn't impact that as much.

Good weekend.  Lots of snow!  We got 30+ inches.  So no yoga, but I did treadmill runs and weights on Friday and Sunday.  I did a bit of yoga at home on Saturday.  Yesterday my son and I also went out on snowshoes and tried to sled.  The snow is not great for sledding, too deep and fluffy.  Also not good for snowmen or snowball fights.

It is nice to have a snowstorm over the weekend when you just don't have to be anywhere.  It was fun just to be home and enjoy it.  We did miss dinner with friends, but that would have happened anyway, as the couple needed to cancel due to chemo complications.  :(

Our neighbors had us over for dinner which was fun.  I indulged more than I would during the week, but I also got in lots of veggies and didn't feel like I over did anything, so I'll call it a successful weekend.

I'm glad you had a nice, snowbound, weekend!

I'm sorry about your friend with the chemo complications.  That's sad. 

I tend to do a lot of the week day running, too, but with my husband working at home, I never have to worry about who is home in the morning or afternoon or days off school.  That always made it difficult when he traveled before because we didn't have anyone to watch the kids before and after school.  They did awesome this time, though.  11yo isn't the most conscientious kid, but he must be growing up because he got himself on the bus every day with no issues.  Kind of sad that they're growing up so fast, though!

Jen - I didn't realize your husband worked from home.  There is definitely a convenience factor for you in that.  Yay for your boys doing great on their own, even if it does point to them growing up way to fast.  I try really hard not to lament the passing time and just enjoy where my son is right now.  Not always an easy task.

Tonight I will run and do weights after I get my son from karate.  I've been slacking on my work walks.  Hopefully I'll jump back on that soon.  The accountants are in on Thursday and I have the auditors next Thursday.  That should wrap up most of my year end stuff, I'll be glad to be through that.

Got in running and weights last night.  Tonight is a night off, so hopefully some family time.  Although husband got up at 4am and went to work because he couldn't sleep,  so I'm not sure what kind of mood he'll be in.

I did find out no Bahamas for me.  My husband neglected to tell me there was a sales goal that had to be met, that was not met.  Ah well.  Easy come, easy go.

I'm still working on calm eating and slowly working away the holiday weight I put on.

Husband was home late last night, so I got to bed later than I should have, but not too late.  He'll be late again tonight, so no yoga.  Boo!

We have his work end of year party on Friday and a friend's daughter's birthday party on Saturday.  I'll get in my normal runs/weights on Friday and Sunday, I'm not sure about yoga on Saturday.  It depends on how late we get home on Friday night.  I have to get up for yoga at 6, so if I'm not in bed by 11, I don't think that is happening.

mcjule - I'm glad I can inspire you.  Some days it feels forced, but I'm always glad I got the exercise in.

It was a good weekend.  Run/weights Friday and Sunday.  As I thought, no yoga on Saturday after getting to bed at 1am.  I was really happy with my eating at my husband's work party.  There was tons of great food, but I had a  big bowl of veggies beforehand and I managed to eat very lightly.  I was DD, so drinking was 1 glass of wine.  I wish I could say I did as well on Saturday, and I did with drinking, 1 glass of wine.  But then I decided to try some homemade salsa and then continued to snack on chips and dips the rest of the night.  I would have been MUCH better off just eating the "real" food they had.  Ah well, lesson learned.  Chips in a party environment are not my friend.  But I really enjoyed seeing my friends who we have been having trouble connecting with.

Last night in addition to my normal exercise, we ended up night sledding.  It was so much fun and so exhausting, climbing back up the hill.  Then we lost the sled in the dark and that was that!

Today is late karate, so not much exercise.  But eating will be calm and normal.

Started feeling not well Monday evening and that has continued.  I skipped running/weights last night and instead did some gentle yoga.  I think I'm feeling a bit better than yesterday, but will probably continue to take it easy.

Not feeling well has me feeling kind of down.  AF is also on her way, so I'm sure that isn't helping. And my weight isn't budging.  Plus it is a dreary rainy day, although it is supposed to get up to 60 today!

Hopefully today will continue to get better.  Auditors are in tomorrow, so no way I can just go home and climb under the covers...

Wow!   I ended up really sick.  Not helped by having to come in last week.  Thursday was awful with the auditors.  I'm not sure I came off as very competent.  I hope it seemed worse to me than it actually was.  Today is my first day back at work.  I ended up with a nasty sinus infection.  I'm on day 3 of antibiotics and finally feeling a bit better.  Yikes.

So now I'm very behind and still not 100%.  I'm trying to ease back in, but there is much to do...

Exercise has been non-existent, as to be expected.  My eating has been okay, I've been trying to get my vegetables back up to normal the last couple of days.

Archived