Sara's Post W30

SaraRuns

Eating felt pretty good yesterday.  I managed to make it meat free by accident.  Still no activity.  I'm not sure when to try to bring that back.  Maybe a short run tomorrow to try it out?  I'm feeling much better, but do not want to relapse.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm finally starting to really feel better.  I did yoga Friday and Saturday.  A short run on Sunday and another short run yesterday.

It was a long weekend and I had too many splurges.  I need to mentally figure out what I need to do to get in weight loss mode.  I'm up about 6 pounds from my average norm, or 4 pounds from my high norm.  But it has been over two months at this "new" weight and I want to do something about it before it becomes my new norm.

Aiming for a short run tomorrow after work.  No walks today as it is raining and the roads are a slushy mushy mess.

I feel like winter makes the splurges easier.  For me at least I crave comfort food, and that includes wine, sugar, and salty things.  Plus I'm inside much more so I feel like I'm always in my kitchen looking at food.  And there aren't as many opportunities to be outdoors and active!

I agree, being inside and less active definitely leads to more snacking.

Yesterday I did two 15 minute online yoga classes.  It felt good to move!  I think I need to start focusing on moving more.  Maybe I'm focusing too much on food, leading to over doing it, because it is always on my mind.

I'm hoping to get in a short run tonight, still trying to build back slowly after this horrible sickness (which is lingering!).

I got in my run last night, although it was a short one.  I'm hoping to get to yoga tonight.  And I brought my snuggly coat, so maybe a walk or two during the work day?

I felt like I did better last evening.  Now I just need to roll it into a pattern of doing better.

I lifted weights for the first time in about a month this week and it really made a difference.  I just do it at home and it's nothing crazy but I feel like incorporating even small bouts of exercise into my schedule is great both mentally and physically.

I agree, mcjule.  I think small, regular steps are better than big, irregular steps.

It was a good weekend.  Saturday was lots of cleaning and cooking.  We hosted my in-laws and I made Coq au Vin.  Not exactly in my normal wheelhouse, and although I got it on the table a half hour late, I thought it turned out great.  Yesterday we slept in and then went hiking.  I skipped my run in lieu of going hiking, I think it was the right choice.  Although I have a feeling my 10 miler in April is not going to be a PR.  Still fighting the effects of this sickness a month out has really taken a toll.

Now right into the week and hopefully continuing with my calm weeknight evenings.  And I'm really going to try to get in at least two walks today.  The sun is shining and i have my big puffy coat.

I'm so with you Sara.  Every day I'm down about 0.2.  SO SLOW . . .   But at least it's going down.  I have yoga on tap for today too.  I still haven't started running but plan to as soon as our weather gets a little more bearable!

Weight loss is so annoying in so many ways.  I'm back up.  AF is about to start and lack of discipline over the weekend.  Back at it today.

I did yoga Saturday, ran 6 miles on Sunday and hiking.  Tonight is last day of the month, so I will be at work late.  Aiming for run, yoga, run the next three days.

Getting your nails done sounds like a nice treat.  I'd like to get a pedicure when the weather stays a little nicer.

Closing went great last night, so I was out earlier than expected.  I spent a half hour doing yoga at home, I'm glad I did that.  Eating was good yesterday.

Tonight I'll run.

Good yoga class last night.  Eating was fine.  I'm still not getting out for daily walks.  Run on tap for tonight, because I'm watching my neighbors' little girl, while they go for their 20 week ultrasound.  :)

• Moderators

Sounds like we're all in a similar boat. Winter is a struggle, period. If only we could accept it, accept ourselves, roll with it, and trust that with spring will come renewal and an easier time with food and exercise. Hang in there. We'll get there! And it sounds like you're making great strides, bird by bird. I'm getting back in the game, too. . . . 

LadyM - So good to read you!  :D   Yes, winter is definitely a struggle, it seems like the body likes to tack on a few extra pounds.

I had a great weekend.  7 mile run on Saturday and an 8 mile hike on the AT with husband and son.  I was really impressed that my son was able to make it, with minimal complaining.  Yesterday I was off to go to a friend's father's funeral.

Tonight I will run and I'm hoping to get some walks in today as it is going to be 70! today.

I got in two walks yesterday!  I did run inside on the treadmill, because it would be too dark for most of my run.  That should all change next week.

I  have a massage at lunch time, so I am going to at least get in one walk, maybe two.

Tonight is dinner out with a good friend, I'm really looking forward to it.  It is a place that has amazing appetizers, so we usually just get a few to share.

Dinner with my friend was great, the sparkle in her eye is indicative of her sparkly personality.  But no walks yesterday.  I will get some in today, it is supposed to be gorgeous, already 60!

I'm going to be watching my neighbor's daughter again tomorrow.  So I'm trying to figure out if I can run after they get her in the afternoon or if I need to run tonight.  If I can run tomorrow afternoon, I'll go to yoga tonight, otherwise I'll have to wait until Saturday.  My race is coming up quickly, 10 miler on April 3rd in DC - Annual Cherry Blossom.  My SIL won't be running with us this year, which is disappointing.  But she is rehabbing her knee and long-term considerations are much more important than any one race.

Life is starting to feel better, just with a little sun!  :wub:

Today is feeling very March-like.  A bit chillier and rainy.  Hoping the rains ease up so I can get in a couple of walks.

It was a good weekend, but no hiking.  I did run on Thursday and Sunday.  Yoga on Saturday.  I'm trying to figure out when I want to run/yoga this week.  I'm thinking run on Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday and yoga on Wednesday and Saturday.  I did manage to get in some work day walks last week, so I'm looking to keep up with that and improve upon it.

Archived