Sara's Post W30

SaraRuns

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Bethany!  Believe it or not, I'm really not stressing.

Exciting comeback by Boston Marathon's women's winner, Baysa, really fun to watch.

I definitely got some relief from the massage yesterday.  She also gave me some tips on stretching and said my psoas and hip flexors are very tight.  She wants me to do some yoga and then start running again.  So I did some stretching last night, followed by ice.  More yoga tonight and then I'll try a 3 mile run on Wednesday.  And I'll continue to walk during the day, as that seems to offer some relief as well.

Eating is back on track.

Having a bit of a setback with my psoas today.  A lot of tightness in my lower back.  I did get out for three walks yesterday and did a 3 mile run.  I was hoping to go to yoga class tonight, but think I'm better off just doing stretching at home.  Oof...

Food is fine, weight is still trending down, which I'm surprised after my weekend.

Exactly, LadyM!

My hip/back continues to improve and didn't yell at all during our hike yesterday.  Still not 100%, so I'm continuing to exercise with caution, trying to feel it out.  So much less movement than usual.  A 2.5 mile run on Friday, where my back hurt, but then felt much better after I stretched. Just cleaning on Saturday.  Yesterday we had a great hike with beautiful waterfalls.  So nice!

I'm aiming for either a run or yoga tomorrow.  Tonight is hair coloring, plus late karate, so no exercise for me, other than work day walks.

Eating wasn't fantastic this weekend and as expected, my weight is up.  Not stressing, back to the groove today.

Finally had a pain free run yesterday.  Today I'm a little sore.  I was thinking of trying to run again tomorrow, but I think I will hold off until Friday.  I want the pain free runs to continue.  So yoga at the studio either tonight or tomorrow and some yoga at home on the other night.  I managed 3 walks on Monday and Tuesday, so I hope I can keep that up today.  Food is fine.

In totally unrelated news, my son passed his brown belt last night, which means he's officially a Candidate (for black belt).   :wub:  I'm so proud of him and a little nervous about all the work preparing for the black belt test will take.  But I think it will be a good challenge for my son.

• Moderators

Yay for your son! Haven't heard much about him lately. . . . glad to know he's doing so well!

Yay for you, too, for taking good care of that injury, taking it slow, and listening to your body. So wise.

Thanks, LadyM!

Tough day yesterday.  I had to come into work to do some stuff for the bank.  Then I had my Uncle's funeral.  It was a very nice service, but sad.  Then I ran to grocery shop, dentist appointment, and karate for my son.  Oh and finished up his science project that was due today.  Everything was ready to go until he told me last night that things had to be mounted on cardboard, so throw a trip to Michael's in there as well.  :wacko:   It all worked out.  No real movement yesterday.

A run Friday and Sunday, still sticking to only 3 miles.  Yoga Thursday evening.  Saturday we weeded for about two hours volunteering at our local Nature Preserve.  A run or some yoga tonight.

And that means something coming from the lady of movement!  ;)

My husband took my son to Science Fair last night so I could go to yoga.  I'm really glad I was able to go.  Tonight is a short run.  I also have a massage today, so hopefully that will iron out the residual psoas issues, which continue to improve.

Eating is getting a little loose, so I want to try to rain that back in again.  Once I get into my weight "range" (where I've been for years), I seem to lose motivation.  We'll see, as I would really like a new "normal range".

No massage yesterday, as the lady had some stomach issues!  I did get in a run yesterday, 4 miles, by accident.  I only meant to do 3.5, as I don't want to ramp up too quickly.  But I'm feeling good today, so I guess it was okay.

Walks at work have been nonexistent due to rain.  I'm hoping to get some in today.  And if my husband gets home early enough, I'll be going to yoga tonight.

LadyM - Yes, I do hate it. But now I get to have the massage tomorrow, which I'm really looking forward to.

Jen - Thanks!  Yesterday was finally beautiful after nine days straight of rain.

I did get in yoga on Thursday.  Three miler on Friday.  Saturday was a walk for my friend with cancer.  Yesterday was a rest day because we ran around all day and I decided to sleep in rather than get up early and run.  And I'm good with that.  :D

Weight is up after some indulgences (worth it!) yesterday to celebrate Mother's Day.  We got to see both sets of parents and my husband's grandmother, so duties were fulfilled.  Back on track today.  It looks like a beautiful day, so I should be able to get my three walks in.

I'm so excited for my massage!  :)

I'm hoping to get to yoga tonight.  I got my three walks in yesterday and then Mother's Day karate.  We'll see about walks today as I am leaving for the massage and then have to leave early to get my son to karate.  Plus it is supposed to rain.

My parents leave today for Munich/Ireland, so the next three weeks will be very hectic for me as they are my son's morning and after care.  Plus, my husband leaves for Orlando on Sunday.  I will get through it.  Thank goodness my boss is willing to be flexible.

Eating is good and weight is still trending in the right way (I'm at the lower end of my normal range.

• Moderators

Wow! That's a lot of changes. I hope you can continue to find ways to take care of yourself as more demands are placed on you to care for your son.

Thanks, ladies.  It just reminds me how lucky I am that my parents do SO much to help us normally.

I was able to get to yoga last night and it was a great Ashtanga class.  Tonight I hope to get in a run and hopefully some walks.  Although I'm in late because I had my yearly this morning.

Eating continues to be good this week!

I got in my three walks and yoga on Thursday.  A 3 mile run on Friday, yoga Saturday morning, and a 4 mile run on Sunday.  It was a good weekend.  The weather was very strange yesterday, cold but varying between beautiful sunny skies and hail storms!  :blink:

We put a deposit down on a puppy on Saturday, I'm super excited!

Three walks today, nothing else because crazy grocery shopping, homework, and karate tonight.  My parents are gone for another two weeks and now my husband is also gone.  Calm, calm, calm...

Archived