Sara's Post W30

SaraRuns

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, puppy!  :wub:   Rottweiler.  I know  it will be a ton of work, but also fun (I hope!).

Last night went well, other than a bit of a meltdown by my son.  But we worked it out.  Three walks yesterday.  We'll see how many I get in today, rain all day.  But I will get in a run at some point, even if it is short.

No walks, as expected.  Aiming for three today.  I did get in a run yesterday.  I have to leave early to take my son to a dentist appointment and I have a mammogram in the morning, so I'll be in late.  Of course, this stuff all ended up when I'm on my own!  ;)

Run tonight, again.  Eating is fine.

It seems like thing are going well.  I bet you'll be happy when things are back to normal, though!  I once had a roommate with a rottweiler.  She was the sweetest dog ever, but the mailman wouldn't come in our yard if she was out!  I didn't blame him. They can be kind of scary looking, but they can also be so sweet.  I bet the puppy will be adorable!

Jen - The puppy will be well trained, as I know rottweilers can be a handful is not properly trained.

Two walks yesterday.  Just got in after the mammogram.  All clear for another year.  I also ran last night.  Hoping for yoga today and a couple of walks.

Eating wasn't great last night, but back on it today.

Crazy weekend.  My son had a severe reaction where he had a rapidly spreading rash/hives.  We ended up taking him to Urgent Care where they gave him steroids.  They think it was an allergic reaction, but we have no idea what it was a reaction to.  He was better Saturday morning, but by noon, he was all inflamed and it had spread to his face.  :(   Sunday morning he was better again and didn't have another flare.  However, his skin is blotchy and red, brown, and black from bruising.  The poor kid!  He is continuing on with steroids and antihistamines and we are trying to get him into his pediatrician today.  So scary!

So on that note, eating was sort of all over the place.  My weight is up, and I'm okay with that, as this whole scare makes you quite aware that weight is not even close to the most important thing to be worrying about.

Aiming for three walks during work today and maybe a walk tonight since we'll be skipping karate this week.

• Moderators

Yikes! I hope he's fully on the mend with no more scares and that the pediatrician has some answers. I'm so sorry you're having to handle this alone. Sounds like you did a great job.

Thanks, LadyM!

He seems good today and went back to school.  The pediatrician said it was definitely an allergic reaction.  To what is a guess at this point.  The doctor recommended that we basically take a wait and see approach.  If he has another reaction, then we will have to start digging to figure out what is causing it.  He said that often there is an isolated incident and that you never figure out what caused it!  :o   So I'm trying to be at peace with that for now.  It is just so good to see him happy and healthy again.

I got in three work walks, a walk after work and a little yoga practice at home.  Three walks today at work and a run tonight.  Eating was back on track last night.

LadyM - I agree!

Three walks yesterday and I'm aiming for at least three today.  I was hoping to do a run tonight and yoga tomorrow.  But those plans have been thrown off.  We are going camping for the long weekend on Friday.  We found out last night that our very good friend's grandmother (who we also knew well) died yesterday and the funeral is two hours in the other direction from camping.  So we need to go to that.  Which means we need to be packed and ready to go before Friday.  Then last night we got a call from our neighbor that his wife went in to labor (too early  :( ), so they need help with their dogs while they try to push off the birth as long as possible.  So it has been a little crazy.  Plus my parents are still away.  It will all work out, but my planner brain is going crazy!

Three walks yesterday, but as expected, nothing else.  Lots of prepping for camping, grocery shopping, letting neighbor's dogs out, and then running to the hospital so we could pick up the neighbor's second car for them.  The baby is still staying in for now, which is a relief, since he is only 32 weeks.  But it doesn't sound like he'll be staying in much longer.

Tonight will be more packing, as we need to leave for the funeral by 9:15 and need to have the car packed and ready to go by then.

I'm trying not to be stressed, definitely less stressed than yesterday.  Three walks today!

The baby did not stay in.  ;)   But all is good.  He has to stay in the NICU for awhile, but all seems to be well with Mama and baby.

I'm glad we made the trip out for the funeral.  It is one of those things I never want to do, but I'm always happy with my decision to go.

The weekend of camping was a blast.  The three kids had so much fun playing in the stream, wandering all over the place on their own and creating adventures.  We got in two good hikes on Saturday and Sunday.  And lots of walking as the latrine was up a huge hill.  :lol:

Today I'm aiming for three walks and that's it because of month end.  I need to get in a run tomorrow, as it has been almost a week!

Thanks, M!

Three walks at work and then a half hour walk with DH when I got home after closing.  Not too shabby for a late work night.  Eating was fine.

Busy today with closing and one employee out sick and one leaving at 11.  But I do have a massage to look forward to...

The lady who normally does my massages is on vacation.  The massage therapist yesterday asked if my neck/back/shoulders are always like that.  :o

Two walks during work and one half hour walk after I got home.  No time to run (which involves showering), but I'm glad I made the effort to get the walk in.  Today, three walks during work and hopefully yoga, unless my husband has to work late.

Eating is fine...

mcjule - my walks are about 10 minutes.  I tried to commit to doing more, but then they don't happen.  I figure three 10 minute walks during the work day is definitely better than nothing.

Great, busy, productive weekend.  Yoga Thursday evening. a run on Friday, strawberry picking and hours of house cleaning on Saturday, and another run on Sunday.  Aiming for three walks today, but work just got crazy and I'm leaving for vacation on Friday.  Oh, and my husband is in San Francisco.  Another crazy week...

Ha, LadyM, I guess I am.  Not exactly what I was aiming to perfect.

My husband ended up getting home around 2am.  Of course, I didn't really see him other than acknowledging his safe arrival.  Work is still crazy, but I feel like I have a good plan in place to ensure everything happens when it needs to.  I did get  my three walks in yesterday and I am aiming to do the same today, plus a run tonight.

Eating is fine...

Three walks done yesterday, despite intermittent thunderstorms.  Then a three mile run.  Aiming for three walks at work, and that will be it because I'm meeting friends for dinner.

Eating is fine.

• Moderators

All your little walks help inspire me. They make a bigger difference in the long run than we realize in the moment. So happy to be walking everywhere I can!

They inspire me too.  I've been walking my dog every night after the kids go to bed.  It's so nice to do on a summer night!  And I've been trying to take a daily walk at work during the day.

Archived