Sara's Post W30

SaraRuns

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jen - We are on!  Definitely easier than a W30, but still a challenge.

Bethany - We did them the other night as my son was heading upstairs for bed, I totally forget about it on my rest days.

Emma - You can do anything you set your mind to...   ;)

Juz - Impressive!  I feel like I'm already at the hard part.  I have my son count the last 5 seconds out for me.

Snow is back on its way, we're supposed to get hit pretty hard.  Feeling bad for the South, my brother is in SC and they are supposed to get 4-8 inches and they just aren't equipped for that!  Looks like I'll be doing some longer runs on the treadmill this weekend...

Last night I did 3 miles on the treadmill and strength training.  It was a no nut day (including butters) and it wasn't difficult.  It helped that I didn't have dinner until almost bedtime!   :o   Today is my first set of intervals/repeats.  I'm a bit nervous for it.

M1: Frittata, veggie soup; coffee with HC

M2: Mixed greens with avo and O&V, roasted broccoli

M3: Protein Chicken and bacon with mixed greens and O&V, tea with HC, small handful of mixed berries

ETA: Day 4 no nuts (trying to keep track)

Yeah, after 2 min, it gets harder.  I read a book while I do my plank and for about the 1st 2 min I don't look at the stopwatch.  Then, I can usually go another minute with a concerted effort to not look at it.  After 3 minutes, I can't do anything BUT stare at it.  Reading can't happen because all my effort has to go into holding on.  And if the kids try to talk to me, watch out!  LOL 

Reading is a good idea, some kind of distraction is good, rather than watching the clock!  I told my son long ago that when I am exercising it is a REALLY poor time to talk to me.

Yesterday: Plank - 1:30!  Intervals went well, I'm really excited.  I was all pumped up last night.   :D   A little less pumped and more sore this morning.   ;)

We are getting hit pretty hard with the snow right now, luckily we are all home.  About 6 inches on the ground already, they are calling for about 14.  We'll see.

I'll have to come back and update my food for the day.  Right now I'm fueled only by coffee, guess I should scrounge something up.

M1:

ETA: Day 5 no nuts

Day 5 - No nuts.  Seriously, you no-nutters are really starting something big.  I'm super envious of your snow.  Right now we are -50 F with the wind chill and it's beautiful and sunny, but hard to be out in.  Hope you scrounged up something good.

We ended up with about a foot and a half of snow.  But Emma, -50, ugh!!!  At least we aren't dealing with that.

It was a bit of a strange day, I wasn't feeling great.  Perked up a bit.  Got invited to have a glass of wine at a friend's up the street.  So I'm not even going to try to log, because I was snacking, although it was compliant (to me) stuff: pepperoni, cheese, snap peas and then came home and had a salad and some chicken.  One glass of wine - slept fine (other than being woken up by my son with a sore throat) and feel fine today.  I wish it had been red instead of white.  :ph34r:

No real plans for tonight, we don't like to out for V Day.  My son has pizza/movie night at karate, so he'll go to that.  We'll do grocery shopping and maybe stop somewhere for a drink?  But I know everything will be so packed....

Totally forgot to plank yesterday, back on it after my run tomorrow.  Today was a 6 mile run (on the treadmill, that was a challenge) and strength training.  I'm not looking forward to 8 miles on the treadmill on Sunday,  but I guess it is better than getting hurt on the snowy roads.

Day 6 - no nuts!  And it was a tough one yesterday.  I think Wednesday I was a little low carb for my interval sessions, so I was ravenous yesterday.  I desperately wanted some nuts/nut butter, but I held strong.

M1: Egg casserole, big mixed greens salad with some bacon and O&V; coffee with HC

M2: (think there will only be two today), I guess we'll get something while we're out?  Not sure what we are doing here... - Ended up eating at Wegmans, so sushi - a couple of rolls with white rice, peppered tuna tartar, and skinny rolls (no rice) shared between my husband and I

M3: I'm calling this a meal, because I totally over did snacking - Manchego cheese, italian salame, and 1 1/2 glasses of red wine.

Juz - Thanks so much!  It hasn't been easy, but I'm making it work.  It feels good.  And they are in the house, staring me in the face when I'm really craving.  Maybe I should talk to my husband about at least putting them somewhere they aren't so in my face!

So last night ended up being a bit ridiculous in terms of snacking - manchego cheese and hard salame, both of which I'm fine with eating, but not that much.  I had a glass and a half of wine, which I'm cool with.  But I woke up around 3 with a bad stomachache, and a full belly, not so pleasant.  But No Nuts!  So there is that.   :)  And surprisingly I feel fine this morning.  Onward and upward.

Day 7 no nuts.  Today I ran 4 miles on the treadmill.  Forgot to do my plank, so I'll need to do that later.  Nothing much planned today, so lots of laundry and cleaning.

M1: Egg casserole, mixed greens with O&V; coffee with HC

M2: I'll try to have a salad or some roasted veggies in here, to avoid the snacking (we finished the salame, so there won't be more of that, and I won't be drinking with an 8 miler tomorrow)

M3: Probably taco meat with sour cream over mixed greens and O&V and maybe some roasted brussel sprouts (I got some to try as I've hear that they are so much better roasted, haven't tried them in years); tea with HC

ETA: 1:35 plank

Looks like I never made it in here yesterday.  Made it through the 8-miler on the treadmill.  My sister and her family stopped by for a visit, which was great.  Kids had a two hour delay today and potential of more snow overnight.  Yikes!  I missed my planking yesterday, but I did do strength training this morning - so that is Day 1 of Week 7!  Other than that, a rest day from running - after 3 days in a row, and my highest mileage in a while, I'm ready for it.  This week is a cut back week, so should be much easier.

Day 8 and 9 no nuts!  Woot!  Now it is pretty much routine, thank goodness.

M1: Egg casserole, mixed greens with O&V; coffee with HC (am trying to bring this back down to normal levels of HC)

M2: Chicken with a slice of bacon, mixed greens with O&V,  maybe some other veg...

M3: Chocolate chili, mixed greens with O&V; tea with tsp (yes, tsp!) of HC

Jen - Thanks!  I was very nervous about it, but I toughed it out.

Another 2-hour delay for the kids, but I made it into work on time.  Nothing too new or exciting.  I'm fighting a stupid cold again, very sore throat, not feeling great.  Ugh.  I have a 3 mile run on the calendar for tonight.  At least I got my strength training done yesterday.  I should be able to eek out the 3, but I hope I'm feeling better tomorrow for my tempo run.

M2: Chocolate chili, mixed greens with O&V, roasted broccoli

M3: Venison steak, mixed greens with O&V; tea w/ tsp HC

Sorry about the cold. I hope it passes quickly.  Lots of ACV tea!  And maybe skip the run?  See how you feel, but skipping the short run tonight might help make tomorrow's tempo run more productive.  Not that I'm one to talk, I kept training through 2 rounds of bronchitis and knee issues just because I was signed up for a 10 mile race that is hard to get into.  I was a mess.  It was kind of stupid now that I think back on it.  :)

I agree with Jen. Take care of yourself and skip the easy run today and see how you feel tomorrow. I think it is better to skip the runs and get better quickly than to run and make it worse. I find if all my congestion is in my head than running helps but if it is in my lungs running just makes it worse.

ACV tea, water, broth, neti pot, rest!

Thanks, ladies!  I did do the run, but I kept the pace slow and surprisingly I felt better after the run then I did before.  I am keeping myself ACV'd up.  I need to make broth again, I'm out.  I want to try to do a chicken this time...

I'm feeling eh today.  Better than yesterday, but not as great as I would like.  When I first woke up I had myself pretty convinced to call out from work, but once I got moving, I was okay.

Tempo run tonight, 6 x 800.  Hopefully I'm up for it.

Day 11 no nuts.  I had a moment of really wanting some yesterday, but pushed through it.  Big glasses of water!

M2: Salmon cake, broccoli roasted, mixed greens with O&V; tea

M3: Venison burger of some kind, mixed greens with O&V, sweet potato (about 1/2); tea with tsp of HC

Yay, Jen!

Thanks, Bethany.  I gave myself permission to reduce the intensity if necessary, but it wasn't!

Did my 35 minute tempo run last night, it went well.  I actually felt like I could have pushed harder.  I also did my plank for 1:35.  Today is rest day, but I will try to remember to plank.

I woke up with a coughing fit last night, but I'm still continuing to feel better.  I'm just so tired.  Ah well.  Tomorrow I can sleep in a bit (an hour later than the rest of the week).

Stomach issues continue, but I'm surprisingly not bloated.  I don't understand how that is possible.

Day 12 no nuts.  Had a craving again yesterday, ignored it.

M2: Salmon cake, roasted broccoli, mixed greens with O&V

M3: Venison burger with mixed greens and O&V, tea with tsp of HC

Thanks, Bethany!

Day 13 no nuts.  No cravings yesterday.

Still feeling sort of ick.  Got to sleep until 7, but felt like it was 3!  I have an easy four and strength training today.  Tomorrow is only 2, so I'm going to go for the 4 today.  If it is too  much, I'll just stop (running on the treadmill due to the pouring rain and winds).

Quiet weekend coming up.  So we decided to get our stuff together for charity.  We have a mountain of clothes and a bunch of baby toys we keep gathering but never do anything with.  I think we will all feel better and less cluttered if we just do it!

Haven't figured meals out yet, I'll be back.

M1: Two HB eggs over mixed greens with O&V, coffee with HC

M2: FF Fage with blueberries and raspberries and veggie soup

M3: Grilled chicken, mixed greens with O&V, roasted cauliflower; tea with tsp HC

Quick two mile run today on the treadmill and 1:40 plank.  I may do my 4 outside tomorrow.  I just stood and had the sun shine on my face for a few minutes.  It is 45 and feels like heaven!   :D

Just got a ton of clothes ready to donate.  They've been mouldering away in the back of my closet, so that is a huge weight off.  Over 250 items!  Boys just ran out for a haircut.  I'm going to put away clothes and clean bathrooms.  Not fun, but at least I won't have to do it tomorrow.

M1: Veggie soup, FF Fage yogurt with blueberries and raspberries; coffee with HC

M2: probably nothing, mixed greens with O&V if hungry

M3: Venison burger with 1/2 avo, mixed greens with O&V, roasted cauliflower; wine with 1 oz manchego cheese (looking forward to this!) berries with hc, tea

I was feeling pretty poorly last night, so I skipped the wine.  I also skipped my run this morning.  It was only a four miler, but I feel like maybe two days off in a row is what I need.  Still feeling pretty poorly today.  I might have to think about a trip to the doctor soon, as I haven't been feeling well for about 3 weeks now.

M1: Taco venison, butternut squash (1/2 cup), 1/4 avo, veggie soup; coffee with HC

M2: maybe a salad?

M3: Dinner at my parents' for my Mom's birthday, not sure what we're having

Archived