Windy's Whole 30

windypetunia

Here we go.  I am way too addicted to all things sweet and have been relying on alcohol to destress.  I also have some chronic pain issues that I'm hopeful may be inflammatory mediated and might resolve or improve.

Day 1

M1-black coffee

3 scrambled eggs 

small handful olives

couple spoonfuls of coconut butter

M2-salad -spinach, red and yellow bell pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, olives, tuna- dressed with EVOO and balsamic

cutie (the little orange citrus fruit)

herbal tea

• Moderators

Good for you on getting started.

Your breakfast was mostly protein and fat. Whole eggs include very good fat, so you don't really need to add more when you are eating eggs. Both olives and coconut butter are fat sources. This breakfast should keep you satisfied until lunch easily, but ideally you will add veggies. Olives are sort of veggies, but they really function more as fat. I personally eat cold sauerkraut with scrambled eggs as an easy way to get veggies at breakfast. And to make sure I get a good serving of fermented food into my daily meals. 

Thanks for the thoughts. I definitely overcompensated my lack of usual sugary coffee and carbs with fat.  My breakfasts are primarily eaten on the road (long commute), or at work. Today I did the eggs in a coffee cup. Any suggestions on working quick and easy veggies in to on the go or quick and easy breakfasts?

I like to chop up some peppers and onions and scramble them in with my eggs so I can just eat it all out of one big bowl while I'm getting ready in the mornings. I also love adding spinach to my eggs when I cook them.

The last few days I've been adding sauerkraut to everything I eat, it's literally becoming my favorite addition to my food.

I also found a recipe once for a butternut squash chicken casserole that I made and ate for breakfast about 5 days in a row!

• Moderators

I'm a kraut virgin.  Do you buy it or make it?

My two attempts to make my own kraut were failures, so now I buy mine from Whole Foods. The good stuff with living probiotics are sold refrigerated. My favorite is the Bubbies brand, but I like Farm House Culture too. Kimchi is Korean sauerkraut and it is good too.

Archived