Help! what can I eat at a Thai restaurant?

catsknit

I've just been invited out to dinner with my boss in a few hours and she picked http://www.finnthai.com/Menus.html  (this should link to the menu page - click and it's a pdf)

I've only eaten thai food once, years ago, and have no idea how most things are prepared.  I will definitely be asking but would like some suggestions as where to start - what's most likely to be compliant, or easiest for them to make compliant?

I don't mind spicy but not super, super hot.

Thanks!

Karen, day 12 on my first W30 - really don't want to have to start over!

Curry dishes are usually good since they are based on coconut milk. Just ask to have it over extra veggies instead of rice, and make sure they don't use any sugar or soy in the sauce (or any other non-compliant ing.). Beware of any marinated meats too.

I think you'd be best asking for the side of steamed vegies (maybe 2 serves), and grilled meat or seafood - making sure it's grilled dry with no sauce, seasoning, non compliant oil etc. take your own fat source

Most of the other dishes are likely to contain non compliant ingredients - soy, some sort of sugar, peanut something is likely. Their coconut milk or sauces could contain any number of additives.

Thanks, I was looking at the menu further and thought the bangkok steak might be OK - it says marinated with thai seasonings, but maybe i could just ask for it with just the dry seasonings?  Or maybe they add sugar to that also.  OK, dry plain grilled steak and vegetables.

Some of those curries and other dishes do look so tempting! 

thanks!

Archived