Epic bars????

PamH

We just started carrying these Epic bars at work.  The bison variety contains cane sugar so I would not use it during Whole30, but the turkey and beef versions do not.

The one pictured lists like this:  organic (grass fed) beef, walnuts, dried cherries, lactic acid (not from milk), salt, celery powder, fine black pepper, crushed habanero.   9 g sugar from the cherries, I assume.

Says gluten free.

I was actually looking at these for my son since he really needs more protein options.  We've had all of the Paleo folks asking about them for a while, so I'm glad we finally brought them in.  They run about $2.50 each if I remember correctly.

post-24563-0-66568400-1384701352_thumb.j

If you want a Whole30 Approved protein bar, check out RxBars: http://www.whole9life.com/2013/11/rxbar-whole30-discount-code-back/

These are too much like a treat for me.  The Epic bar was really good, and the textured felt minimally processed.  The habanero was spicy enough for really satiate.  I think I will have these on hand.  Better than Primal Pacs!   Too bad the bison contains sugar.  Bison one is nut free, though, for those who have allergies.

I love the Epic bars.  You are correct that for the purposes of a Whole30, the Bison are not compliant.  But the other 2 are ok.  I usually have one of these as my pre-workout meal, along with half an avocado.  The flavors are great and I like that they are minimally processed etc.

They are handy to keep on hand when you are going somewhere that might not have a lot of compliant food for you to eat - IE a birthday party or some other gathering.  I also keep a couple of these, an RX bar and a primal pac in the pocket in the door of my car in case I am heading to or from somewhere I know won't have much for me to eat, helps avoid binging or going hungry.  

Archived