Good snacks?????

nickym

Snacking is discouraged during your whole 30 - you should be aiming to eat enough at each meal to last through to your next. Sticking to the template, including plenty of fats and protein is the best way to stay satisfied between meals.

Personally, I found it better to not consider snacks an option. If I'd planned and packed them, I would have eaten them. I overestimated portions for the first couple of days do that I wouldn't go hungry!

If you are starving between meals though, you should have a mini meal of protein, fat and vegies. Keeping HB eggs or a tin of fish in oil and vegie sticks handy is a good option :)

I'm in week 3 and I can go six hours to eight hours without a meal or snack. Not recommended but I work in retail and lately its been crazy- before whole 30, I definitely needed food in between. Now I find myself telling myself I have to eat even when I'm not hungry.

It is a little weird in the beginning and when you think you are eating fat your are going wtf lol. But trust me the fat you get from the listed products is good and keeps you full for long times. I can go without food for over 6hours.

Make sure to eat your heart out for breakfast and you should be fine. Give it a week for things to settle for you. Then let us know how you feel.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, thank you!  I eat at 6:30 a.m. and then don't have a chance to eat again until 12:30 p.m.  It just seems really long to go without something!  Perhaps I will try put in a mini-meal!  

When I first did W30, I snacked. After I week or so, I tried not snacking. I anticipated ruin, but it was fine.  There is no "good" snack. To second the moderator, if you eat inbetween meals, follow the template with each of the 3 food types (fat, protein, veggie). 

I understand your eating situation. I eat between 6:15-6:30 in the mornings. I have a choice to eat lunch at 11:30 or 1:15. I do fine either way. To reiterate what others have said, if you eat enough the right way, there is no need to snack in between. The shifts for me in going longer hours between meals since W30 eating are: no grumbling stomach, I don't lose my patience(for the most part- I have two "tween"age children at home), and my energy is adequately sustained. 

Archived