Sole Meunièr

TheRealAndra

I made this last night with a simple green salad and it was delightful! I used finely ground almonds to "bread" the Dover sole and clarified pastured butter.

This recipe is courtesy of Jenny at The Nourished Kitchen.

a recipe: sole meunière

• YIELD: Four servings (04 Servings)
  • PREP: 15 min
    ingredients

• 4 filets of Dover sole, about 4 ounces each
  • 1/2 cup flour, any will do, but I prefer sprouted flour or nut flour
  • about 6 tablespoons butter or ghee , divided
  • juice and zest of three lemons
  • about 1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh curly parsley, minced
  • additional lemon, to serve
  • unrefined sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste

• Dredge the filets in flour until well-coated.
  • Heat 4 tablespoons butter or ghee in a cast iron skillet over a medium flame until the butter begins to foam and brown (this foaming process will not occur if you're using ghee or clarified butter).
  • Reduce heat to medium-low, then place the floured filets of sole into the hot butter and fry on each side about two minutes.
  • Remove the fish from the skillet and plate them.
  • Heat additional two tablespoons butter in the skillet until melted, then add lemon zest, lemon juice and minced parsley to the skillet whisking together to combine for about one minute.
  • Pour sauce over the fish, season with salt and pepper and garnish with lemon wedges.

Sounds great. I did mackerel in a similar way the other night. Mixed ground almonds, mustard powder, s&p, lemon zest. I brushed the flesh side with melted ghee and pressed in to the crumb. Then I fried on crumb side, flipped over, squeezed on lemon juice and transferred to oven for 15mins.

Archived